Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Should Jags move Linder to LT?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it time to shore up the offensive line by moving Linder to LT and Shatley to center?
I think this would put the best 5 on the ol but it really depends on his back and how hurt it is. I think LT would put more stress on his back then center does.
This isn't Madden. You can't just take a center and tell him midway through the year that he's the new left tackle. You'll see Ereck Flowers over there before you see Linder shifted over.
(10-23-2018, 07:57 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't Madden. You can't just take a center and tell him midway through the year that he's the new left tackle. You'll see Ereck Flowers over there before you see Linder shifted over.

This. I don't think Linder's even ever played tackled (although he's got lots of experience at guard). I'm not sure Linder has the lateral mobility to make that kind of a switch and would probably do more harm than good.
To guard, yes, to tackle, no.
sigh...  I hate that Madden video game.

If we move Linder to LT might as well move Tommy Bohanon to outside WR.  While we're at it let's move Calais Campbell to safety and make Jalen Ramsey a DT.
Don't we have that bum Flowers?
(10-23-2018, 08:04 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2018, 07:57 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't Madden. You can't just take a center and tell him midway through the year that he's the new left tackle. You'll see Ereck Flowers over there before you see Linder shifted over.

This. I don't think Linder's even ever played tackled (although he's got lots of experience at guard). I'm not sure Linder has the lateral mobility to make that kind of a switch and would probably do more harm than good.

He had starts at RT at Miami I think.
(10-23-2018, 09:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]sigh...  I hate that Madden video game.

If we move Linder to LT might as well move Tommy Bohanon to outside WR.  While we're at it let's move Calais Campbell to safety and make Jalen Ramsey a DT.

Don't forget putting Telvin Smith at safety and moving the team into a 3-4 alignment next week.
(10-23-2018, 11:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2018, 09:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]sigh...  I hate that Madden video game.

Don't forget putting Telvin Smith at safety and moving the team into a 3-4 alignment next week.

I actually like this.
(10-24-2018, 12:28 AM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2018, 11:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget putting Telvin Smith at safety and moving the team into a 3-4 alignment next week.

I actually like this.
Jack to RB so we are one step ahead on int tackles is one of my favorites.

Why fix problems when you can just clean up after them.
(10-23-2018, 04:44 PM)JW Wrote: [ -> ]Is it time to shore up the offensive line by moving Linder to LT and Shatley to center?

I’d be all for this move if Linder were more durable. Problem is Linder is always nursing some sort of injury, so he’d be sidelined several games. Walker would still be the de facto starter.

Does Doug play Madden.  He has mentioned it a  number of times over the last few years

Bortles at TE

Tommy taking some snaps as a receiving option from H-Back or TE could actually work a few times per game given our TE injury situation.

Don’t play Madden.....this was just a thought based on something Marrone had mentioned.
Just remember all you meanie poo poo heads, this idea isn't stemmed from Madden it comes from Marrone. He said Linder could play all 5 spots.
I actually think he said a lot of guys could play multiple spots.

That being said... our OL is in disarray. Not sure we want the one guy doing his job week in and week out to have to move out of position just to appease a few fans who thnk they know better than the coaches (at any position really)
(10-24-2018, 09:42 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Just remember all you meanie poo poo heads, this idea isn't stemmed from Madden it comes from Marrone. He said Linder could play all 5 spots.

That being said... our OL is in disarray. Not sure we want the one guy doing his job week in and week out to have to move out of position just to appease a few fans who thnk they know better than the coaches (at any position really)

I dont think you can put a center at LT in Madden, not sure where the Madden thing comes from.  Some guys act like players have never played multiple positions in the NFL before.  It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last. If it was Madden you couldn't do that, in real life you can
(10-24-2018, 10:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2018, 09:42 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Just remember all you meanie poo poo heads, this idea isn't stemmed from Madden it comes from Marrone. He said Linder could play all 5 spots.

I dont think you can put a center at LT in Madden, not sure where the Madden thing comes from.  Some guys act like players have never played multiple positions in the NFL before.  It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last.  If it was Madden you couldn't do that, in real life you can

Been awhile since I've tooled with rosters like that... but I thought you could line up any person at any position.

Either way... yeah, it seems possible that Linder could have and maybe even has had some snaps at LT.
It just doesn't seem like a season saving or OL saving move. Shatley in at C and Linder on LT sounds good on paper.
But I think we'll see Flowers at LT before Linder
I would say no. We just need Norwell to play up to his contract and AJ and Parnell to stop becoming Casper the Ghost..... Oh and an actual LT to show up lol I'm thinking we just go goal line with split backs every drive! hahahaha Maybe we should call San Fran.... But I don't think our cap space will allow us to bring anyone else in....
(10-24-2018, 02:54 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2018, 12:28 AM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]I actually like this.
Jack to RB so we are one step ahead on int tackles is one of my favorites.

Why fix problems when you can just clean up after them.

Count me in.  What a great plan.  Jack is athletic and can just recover the fumbles as well.
Pages: 1 2