Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Notes From Marrone Wed. Presser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Met with both QBs after game - made decision to go with Blake.  We have a good understanding of what needs to be done. It's not just that one position. It's all of us. Coaches too...
...showed them clips this morning of the things we're doing right/ things we're doing wrong. Major emphasis on not turning the ball over. 

- Convo with Blake?  It's private, but it was a good - matter of fact - conversation. Took place after frustration had dissipated. 

-  What gives you confidence Blake will play better?  Because I've seen it. I made the move in-game to grab the attention and focus of the players because it's the easiest way to do that in that situation. 

-  Cody getting first team reps? Whoever the QB is will take starter reps. Blake taking starter reps. 

- Hyde?  In pretty good shape. Offensive system is somewhat similar to what he knows. Excited to see him out there today.
On to London. We beat the Eagles, the media is going to rip the heck out of the Eagles.
(10-24-2018, 11:01 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]On to London. We beat the Eagles, the media is going to rip the heck out of the Eagles.

Yep, that's why we have to bring out our best. Because you know they don't want to lose either....I don't usually feel any game is a must win but this one kinda feels like it for both teams.
im sure all the discussion this week on turnovers and what we are doing wrong is DRASTICALLY different than those discussions and how serious they were over the previous 2 or 3 weeks of awful play

totally convinced that it's all different now and changed for the better ......................... rolls eyes...
Are grown men allowed to use "rolls eyes"? Or is that just a teenage girl thing?
(10-24-2018, 11:15 AM)Monty Wrote: [ -> ]Are grown men allowed to use "rolls eyes"?  Or is that just a teenage girl thing?

Well, Krayz has the emotional stability of a teenage girl so hes allowed to.
Must win on Sunday, nothin else to it. We’d have to win 5/6 out of last 8 games and pretty sweep our remaining divisional games to make the playoffs
(10-24-2018, 11:15 AM)Monty Wrote: [ -> ]Are grown men allowed to use "rolls eyes"?  Or is that just a teenage girl thing?

Are grown men allowed to roll their eyes?
If the answer is yes, then I would say that grown men are allowed to type it out so that you know they are rolling their eyes.

But then again... there's an emoji for that.
Rolleyes

But I did hear recently from some woman on Twitter than men shouldn't use emojis. It makes them less manly. so maybe there is something to it.

Wink Smile Cool Banana
(10-24-2018, 12:20 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Must win on Sunday, nothin else to it. We’d have to win 5/6 out of last 8 games and pretty sweep our remaining divisional games to make the playoffs

All hope is not lost.

After the bye, 3 of the 4 next games are:
Colts 2X
Bills

I know, the way the Jags look now it doesn't look too good. But, get the win in London to get to 4-4 at the bye, then have a really strong chance of winning 3 of the next 4 should help to get things right back on track for the late season push.
(10-24-2018, 11:01 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]On to London.  We beat the Eagles, the media is going to rip the heck out of the Eagles.

Oh will they. Pedersen and the Philadelphia media have been going at each other right from pre season. With Wentz injury and how bad and he got a lot of criticism for only running the ball once in the 4th with a 17 pt lead, he responded that they should come on the touchline with him and see how easy it is.
(10-24-2018, 12:42 PM)jagherd Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2018, 12:20 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Must win on Sunday, nothin else to it. We’d have to win 5/6 out of last 8 games and pretty sweep our remaining divisional games to make the playoffs

All hope is not lost.

After the bye, 3 of the 4 next games are:
Colts 2X
Bills

I know, the way the Jags look now it doesn't look too good. But, get the win in London to get to 4-4 at the bye, then have a really strong chance of winning 3 of the next 4 should help to get things right back on track for the late season push.

The bills beat Minnesota and Tennessee so don’t overlook them. 

It all starts with a miraculous win this Sunday. We need it
(10-24-2018, 11:13 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]im sure all the discussion this week on turnovers and what we are doing wrong is DRASTICALLY different than those discussions and how serious they were over the previous 2 or 3 weeks of awful play

totally convinced that it's all different now and changed for the better ......................... rolls eyes...

Yeah they should totally just pack it in for the season right?
What do we think Blakes leash is in practical terms?

First turnover and gone? Three bad drives and gone? Just interested in what level of performance he'll accept against what is still a pretty stern defense.
(10-24-2018, 04:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]What do we think Blakes leash is in practical terms?

First turnover and gone? Three bad drives and gone?  Just interested in what level of performance he'll accept against what is still a pretty stern defense.

I think the main part will be ball security. No turnovers, I don't expect the first one but it will depend on how stupid a turnover it was and if he's trying to force it. The O needs to actually move and not always be in the 3rd down, have some big plays but if the line is folding and WR's are dropping still I think they have other problems as well.
(10-24-2018, 04:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]What do we think Blakes leash is in practical terms?

First turnover and gone? Three bad drives and gone?  Just interested in what level of performance he'll accept against what is still a pretty stern defense.

Good question --- I'd have to say as long as we don't fall behind by more than 7 he's in.   

Here's my parameters for pulling him (if we're losing) ....

* No TDs by halftime
* 2 or more turnovers 
* most of our possessions result in punting after running 5 plays or less
* Jag defenders break both of his arms during halftime

I think it would probably have to be pretty ugly at the half for the hook to come out again. 
Two or more turnovers and a major drought of conversions.
(10-24-2018, 04:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]

I think the main part will be ball security. No turnovers, I don't expect the first one but it will depend on how stupid a turnover it was and if he's trying to force it. The O needs to actually move and not always be in the 3rd down, have some big plays but if the line is folding and WR's are dropping still I think they have other problems as well.

So , just spitballing here, let's say Blake leads a beautiful drive and then delivers a great pass in the red zone but it is dropped and picked. Is that going to be used as a strike against Blake? 

Just intrigued about what Marrone terms acceptable
(10-24-2018, 04:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2018, 04:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the main part will be ball security. No turnovers, I don't expect the first one but it will depend on how stupid a turnover it was and if he's trying to force it. The O needs to actually move and not always be in the 3rd down, have some big plays but if the line is folding and WR's are dropping still I think they have other problems as well.

So , just spitballing here, let's say Blake leads a beautiful drive and then delivers a great pass in the red zone but it is dropped and picked. Is that going to be used as a strike against Blake? 

No I get you, I think he'd give him the drive, go again, better execution in the redzone.

I think what drove Marrone to bench him was the fumble on the 3rd play, ok trying to get the first, D player makes a play, the second one, start of the second half, give us something to build on and he's just strolling about, then goes to run which he won't get the first and losses the ball, inside the 20 and it's a twofer. Just take what's there, punt it away and let the D make a stop.

I know Marrone has been trying to say he only took Blake out to get a reaction but I do think he'd pull him again.

I don't think 1 turnover will put him on the bench, unless it's just some completely god awful throw and/or we're down 2-3+ scores.

Unless he already has 3+ TDs on the day, I believe two turnovers and it's a wrap for him.

(10-24-2018, 04:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the main part will be ball security. No turnovers, I don't expect the first one but it will depend on how stupid a turnover it was and if he's trying to force it. The O needs to actually move and not always be in the 3rd down, have some big plays but if the line is folding and WR's are dropping still I think they have other problems as well.

On this forum, the majority will blame Bortles, no matter what. It will absolutely be a strike against Bortles.

I don't see Marrone being that idiotic if that situation happened though.
(10-24-2018, 04:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2018, 11:13 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]im sure all the discussion this week on turnovers and what we are doing wrong is DRASTICALLY different than those discussions and how serious they were over the previous 2 or 3 weeks of awful play

Yeah they should totally just pack it in for the season right?

Some of the fans that are ready to move onto the draft and have already Chicken Little'd the season should just pack it in.

Come back in March and April for draft and FA talk.

Let the rest of us discuss the remaining 9 (or more) games like adults instead of crying children who can't separate their feelings from a hobby or entertainment to have reasonable discussions.

IMO he won't be yanked in London at all. If he's trash trash, the team will just make the change over the BYE.

However, I suppose if he has a first half worse than the past couple games with multiple turnovers we could see the change at halftime.

Per the bold... you'd have to ask him what he terms acceptable.

To your suggestion, no I don't think coaches would count that against Bortles.