Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Carlos Hyde Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
He'll be making his debut in teal against a stout run defense, but he's clearly fired up to bring a spark to the offense. 

What do you guys think he gets done Sunday? 

I'm guessing about 16-18 carries for 70 yards - while Yeldon gets another 25-30 on the ground.

Here's the man talking to Oehser and Shadrick:

(57:00 min mark)

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1055201779783151616
If he rushes for 100 yards or more we win.

But that’s a lofty goal
Don't we think the Eagles are expecting a heavy dose of running? I anticipate them loading up against the run. If we had QB who could throw and receivers who can catch, I'd say try to hit 'em deep early. But alas, I expect runs going directly into walls of Eagles. I doubt he gets 50 yards.
The BOAT is going to be the leading rusher again. With the BOAT it's float or sink. BOAT runs for 90 in this one. Expect to see 3 ball spins after timely first downs. BOAT in full throttle mode across the pond.
(10-24-2018, 05:59 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]The BOAT is going to be the leading rusher again. With the BOAT it's float or sink. BOAT runs for 90 in this one. Expect to see 3 ball spins after timely first downs. BOAT in full throttle mode across the pond.

No doubt. BB is playing for his life.

Also, can we make a case against the team wearing teal pants?
(10-24-2018, 06:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2018, 05:59 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]The BOAT is going to be the leading rusher again. With the BOAT it's float or sink. BOAT runs for 90 in this one. Expect to see 3 ball spins after timely first downs. BOAT in full throttle mode across the pond.

I liked the teal pants...

...until they played a game in them :/
Something like 12 carries for 36 yards.
12 CARRIES, 183 YARDS, 2 TDS

still won't be the leader rusher because of BOAT
We are the only team in the NFL without a 60+ yard rusher in a game. 

I think the streak will continue with the way defenses are playing Bortles right now.
(10-24-2018, 06:54 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]We are the only team in the NFL without a 60+ yard rusher in a game. 

I think the streak will continue with the way defenses are playing Bortles right now.
Hard to believe we were the NFLs leading rushing offense last year.
(10-24-2018, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He'll be making his debut in teal against a stout run defense, but he's clearly fired up to bring a spark to the offense. 

What do you guys think he gets done Sunday? 

I'm guessing about 16-18 carries for 70 yards - while Yeldon gets another 25-30 on the ground.

Here's the man talking to Oehser and Shadrick:

(57:00 min mark)

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1055201779783151616

I kind of think that Carlos Hyde is probably going to play a role as a direct backup to Fournette which means we'll probably see him on 1st and 2nd downs and possibly short yardage.  I would guess that Yeldon will play a spell role and 3rd down back.
(10-24-2018, 06:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

You know on this one to me it's the half colors on top/bottom. I mean I could live with a full teal uni. Going white on top with a teal pant? I don't even understand it. Looks like [BLEEP] together.
We could legitimately use Fournette on 1st downs, Hyde on 2nd downs, and Yeldon on 3rd downs.

Sounds stupid but Hyde and Fournette share a similar play style. Not saying it'd be a good idea but it'd be fun to see how that worked out.
(10-24-2018, 08:32 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2018, 06:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]No doubt. BB is playing for his life.

You know on this one to me it's the half colors on top/bottom. I mean I could live with a full teal uni. Going white on top with a teal pant? I don't even understand it. Looks like [BLEEP] together.

Watching the Jaguars Happy Hour it was stated that they are going to be in black/black.
I predict he runs with a football in his hands. Did I win?
Jags need to pound the rock and play physical defense.

Hyde with ~20 carries.
Not sure yard wise but the ypc will probably sit around 2.5 - 3 as a team. Hard to imagine we run the ball well enough vs the Eagles to win. Im not super worried about it though, if we can control the game and convert 3rd downs the yardage wont matter... If I had to guess, around 50-65 yards.

My biggest concern is not Hyde, its Bortles. He needs to get his head out of his [BLEEP] and start playing to at least average QB levels in 2018... It has quite literally never been easier to toss the football around in the NFL, he needs to play better. There is no excuse to not at least be average in today's NFL. The only QBs with a lower completion % than him are all rookies, he needs to make the routine throws more often, and WRs need to hang on to them. There are 9 QBs that are floating at or are over 70% completion, its just so easy to complete passes these days.
The entire reason they got Hyde is because they wanted teams to believe the Jags were going to run the ball. Essentially. I expect them try give Hyde a bunch of carries early, and hoping it works force the Eagles to put 8 guys in the box. If they can accomplish that, then you Blake can pass on play action and with easier coverage reads.

However, with playing the Eagles defense still good against the run without really any TE's and a 3rd string LT, I don't have a lot a faith in this team accomplishing the first part.

(10-25-2018, 12:24 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]The entire reason they got Hyde is because they wanted teams to believe the Jags were going to run the ball. Essentially. I expect them try give Hyde a bunch of carries early, and hoping it works force the Eagles to put 8 guys in the box. If they can accomplish that, then you Blake can pass on play action and with easier coverage reads.

However, with playing the Eagles defense still good against the run without really any TE's and a 3rd string LT, I don't have a lot a faith in this team accomplishing the first part.
(10-24-2018, 11:09 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]I predict he runs with a football in his hands.  Did I win?

Nope.

[Image: e48f47b5660bdb12c332473b0cf8195b3afa6358]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6