Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sunday’s Aren’t Fun Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Among my many musings, I just thought of where we’re back to now. 

For ten years it was basically apathy on sundays. 

We finally had a winning season and now we’re back to being a bad team again. 

It kind of sucks. Are we cursed? Because I really am starting to think so
(10-28-2018, 12:25 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Among my many musings, I just thought of where we’re back to now. 

For ten years it was basically apathy on sundays. 

We finally had a winning season and now we’re back to being a bad team again. 

It kind of sucks. Are we cursed? Because I really am starting to think so

Yes.  

For years we suffered with bad draft picks and bad free agent signings.  

Things finally started to turn the corner last year and we had the talent after a couple of decent drafts and not many whiffs in free agency.  This year, the FO made several mistakes like signing Lee, Moncrief, and Norwell instead of re-signing Allen Robinson and some lower-tier free agents.  Add in a few injuries and little or no depth and you have a 3-5 team heading in the wrong direction on all fronts. 

At least Josh Lambo looks solid.
Was there any question that fumble would be overturned?
At least we didn't get blown out this week I guess.

Of course the fumble was going to be overturned.
(10-28-2018, 12:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]At least we didn't get blown out this week I guess.

Of course the fumble was going to be overturned.

I knew it as soon as I saw the replay.
We over paid moncrief and norwell... let Robinson and Colvin go... and we resign Blake BUM Bortles instead of trading for Alex smith or signing Cousins... smfh this team i swear

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The game was frustrating to watch, but I’m still going to enjoy my Sunday. You ladies and gentlemen should try to do the same.
with our cap issues and we were going to overpay for a QB! I know it's a position that we definitely need help in, but we couldn't afford to get either Cousins because they would cause us to be in the same cap problem we had in the early 2000's where we had to have the fire sale. we're already over the cap for next year and will have to lose several good players because we simply won't be able to afford them. so let's go out and get a high price player and get in cap problem, which is all we need to do. even if we got cousins, with our wide receivers would we be any better? our wide receivers are too wishy washy, drop the ball more than they catch it, do we still lead the league in drops! so getting a better QB would definitely solve our WR issues, right!
Moncrief mostly played good today (except the one long pass he just gave up on, which would have been a TD... come to think of it, he still sucks). But I agree completely with the thought of this thread, this year feels done. But I do not want another rebuild. I can't go back to the continual losing again. One player won't do it for us, but we have to keep on patching, cause dump and replace takes forever and has no guarantees of working. Why would we do it?
Maybe we can start a GoFundMe for a new set of hamstrings..
(10-28-2018, 12:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Was there any question that fumble would be overturned?

I had no doubt but foolishly hoped the on the field call would help. 

Honestly it did seem like it was going to be the start of a better season for once.  We just can't have nice things. I dont think Cousins or Alex Smith would have helped. We have a stone age coaching staff that can't use talent like that. 

They prefer to believe we are a 90's team that could force the ball to a running back and sled to victory. I guess they missed how good the QBs on winning teams on running teams were back then.

Knowing that BB5 is pedestrian and can't make all the throws but still moving forward with an extension is a shame.  It made sense I guess but why bother.  They could have let him play the option year.  Instead we are wedged into over  paying him.
Not sure why we still see posts lamenting Robinson walking in free agency. He’s done nothing to suggest he was worth re-signing.
(10-28-2018, 01:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe we can start a GoFundMe for a new set of hamstrings..

don't know why they got leonard anyway, he had health problems every year while he was in LSU and I guess we thought he'd grow out of it when he came into the NFL time to move on from him, even though he's a pretty good player, he isn't the whole team and just because he's out doesn't excuse this awful football team. see what we can get for him, if anyone wants an injury-prone RB, at a position which is losing significance in the NFL, but we took with our first round draft pick while every other team is getting QBs and WRs. tells how good we are at evaluating talent.
(10-28-2018, 01:06 PM)rhanna2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 01:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe we can start a GoFundMe for a new set of hamstrings..

don't know why they got leonard anyway, he had health problems every year while he was in LSU and I guess we thought he'd grow out of it when he came into the NFL time to move on from him, even though he's a pretty good player, he isn't the whole team and just because he's out doesn't excuse this awful football team. see what we can get for him, if anyone wants an injury-prone RB, at a position which is losing significance in the NFL, but we took with our first round draft pick while every other team is getting QBs and WRs. tells how good we are at evaluating talent.

Bortles driven decision. Aka wrong decision
I'm watching the Browns/Steelers game. Cleveland is on the way up, their receivers actually catch the ball, wow what a concept! Cleveland is better than us this year, which is not saying much. Even though their record is one loss more than us, at least they're in most games.
(10-28-2018, 01:10 PM)rhanna2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm watching the Browns/Steelers game. Cleveland is on the way up, their receivers actually catch the ball, wow what a concept! Cleveland is better than us this year, which is not saying much. Even though their record is one loss more than us, at least they're in most games.

The Browns have a Coaching problem
(10-28-2018, 01:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why we still see posts lamenting Robinson walking in free agency.  He’s done nothing to suggest he was worth re-signing.

Exactly.
A rob and hurns have been big disappointments
We have had some really bad luck with ball bounces lately. Anytime the ball hits the ground it's a lottery but take the Dallas game, Prescott fumbles twice early and both bounce right back to him and he runs them for firsts. Today, Wentz has a ball knocked in the air and it bounces right back for him to pick up a first. 

When Blake hits someone's helmet, you know it's a pick.

When you your lucks not in, boy is your luck not in.
(10-28-2018, 05:27 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]We have had some really bad luck with ball bounces lately. Anytime the ball hits the ground it's a lottery but take the Dallas game, Prescott fumbles twice early and both bounce right back to him and he runs them for firsts. Today, Wentz has a ball knocked in the air and it bounces right back for him to pick up a first. 

When Blake hits someone's helmet, you know it's a pick.

When you your lucks not in, boy is your luck not in.

Bortles is a curse and is cursed. Even when he manages to put things together someone drops it, fumbles it or gets a penalty. 

Those taunting penalties were ticky tacky as was the helmet to helmet call. I wonder if holding calls are down across the league because our guys are pulled out of their rush lanes and it is no call.
Pages: 1 2 3