Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: London experiment failing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...94338?s=21

Ummm I thought we were supposed to be the “home team” and crowd favorite?
(10-28-2018, 03:01 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...94338?s=21

Doug just pouring a little salt on the wound after criticizing the coaches in the AFC championship game.
(10-28-2018, 03:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 03:01 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...94338?s=21

Doug just pouring a little salt on the wound after criticizing the coaches in the AFC championship game.

The crowd was clearly louder for the Eagles than the Jags. I think his point is valid.
Clearly a Eagles crowd there today.
Plenty of empty seats, people wearing whatever Jersey, etc. It's not a Jaguars home game, it's whoever is winning the game crowd.

Then add it's the first time the Eagles have been there.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
It was clearly an Eagles crowd. Jags are like that ugly dude trying to force themselves onto a girl. Maybe the lads just don't want the Jags?
yea i thought that was the case it seemed an eagles heavy crowd.
An overseas crowd likes the superbowl champs?

Shocker.
Pederson paying back marrone for the book comment of how it dont give a Bleep about what pederson said
The best way to ensure that the Jaguars never move to London is to keep sending them there to play.
The London game is not about fan support, it's about the money.
Didn't we go from 32nd to top 10 in favorite team or brand recognition or whatever tracking stat Mark Lamping said in one of the recent state of the franchises?

It definitely sounded like an Eagles crowd today but we've still established quite a foothold.
I was there. The eagles fans were almost entirely Americans visiting. The majority of jags fans were British. If it wasnt for the Brits, would have been maybe 10 jags fans there.

Jags seem to have built a foothold but not an overwhelming one.
(10-28-2018, 03:26 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]The best way to ensure that the Jaguars never move to London is to keep sending them there to play.

Lol, London hasn't had enough tastes of the real Jags yet to know. We won the previous 3 games. If we preformed there like we do in our real home games consistently the support would be alot different.
Right now the LA Colosseum feels like Lambeau West by all accounts, for the 7-0 Rams and Packers. Some times everyone loses perspective that the other teams's fans are looking for opportunities to see their team as well.

There were plenty of Jags fans there, and you could hear DUUUVALL several times. Some teams travel and it lines up well for them at that time. They are coming off a Super Bowl for crying out loud.
(10-28-2018, 03:30 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]The London game is not about fan support, it's about the money.

☝️
(10-28-2018, 04:20 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't we go from 32nd to top 10 in favorite team or brand recognition or whatever tracking stat Mark Lamping said in one of the recent state of the franchises?

It definitely sounded like an Eagles crowd today but we've still established quite a foothold.

Please don't use anything from the state of the franchise to point out any indicator stat, that crap is literally cherry picked statistical nonsense. It's a tool used to justify London, and they are only showing you what they want you to see, so your throw up your hands and say "well I guess we need London", when in a CBA league, you really don't.
It is always interesting hearing the crowd cheer loudly for both teams haha.
An overseas game will never be a home game for this team, or any team. What kind of advantage does any team have when the stadium is full of all 32 team's jerseys...

Then you add onto the fact that it was the defending SB champs playing and of course people are going to jump on that wagon. Band wagoners are everywhere.