Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cole and Chark cost us that game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Cole fumbled what could have been a drive that we score atleast 3 points. The way Lambo is kicking we could have atleast 3 points on the board.

Chark...man...you gotta catch those type of balls. I honestly can’t believe he dropped that pass. He’s not ready. With a depleted WR position he just don’t have what it takes to be a pro receiver. Wasted pick honestly.

This game ain’t on Bortles. It was on those 2.
Chark is a rookie. He has 4 catches on 5 targets and a 29 yards kick return. He is not the guy I would blame on this one.

Cole on the other hand....
Didn’t Chark drop that TD pass????
Y'all make it sound like that Chark catch was easy. He's sprinting full speed one way and the ball is thrown just above and behind his head. That's not an easy catch. He could have made it, but that's not a routine grab at all.
(10-28-2018, 04:29 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Y'all make it sound like that Chark catch was easy. He's sprinting full speed one way and the ball is thrown just above and behind his head. That's not an easy catch. He could have made it, but that's not a routine grab at all.

Absolutely right!

Catchable...but not easy by any stretch.
Cole regressed mightly. He is a liability out there. Drop and fumble machine.
(10-28-2018, 04:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Cole regressed mightly. He is a liability out there. Drop and fumble machine.

Today, I started calling him "Drive killing Cole."

I am just that frustrated with him.

He's capable of far better.

Is he a guy who just excels on deep passes?
Cole is a talented but wildly inconsistent receiver. He shouldn't be trusted for now
(10-28-2018, 04:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Cole is a talented but wildly inconsistent receiver. He shouldn't be trusted for now

I don't know if he's pressing, he has lost his confidence, or some combination.

But I don't see him as the same guy who gave us such good football at the end of last year.
Funny how much better Cole looked when Kessler was in at QB...
(10-28-2018, 04:29 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Y'all make it sound like that Chark catch was easy. He's sprinting full speed one way and the ball is thrown just above and behind his head. That's not an easy catch. He could have made it, but that's not a routine grab at all.

This. The pass was just a little bit behind compared to Chark's momentum and while he could catch that it wasn't easy at all.

Cole on the other hand has been immensely frustrating to watch after the Patriots game.
I don’t know man. Chark has to make that catch.
(10-28-2018, 05:08 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]

This. The pass was just a little bit behind compared to Chark's momentum and while he could catch that it wasn't easy at all.

Cole on the other hand has been immensely frustrating to watch after the Patriots game.

While a tough catch, it hit him square in the hands.  You HAVE to catch that as a pro.
I'll never understand the need to place blame on one guy. (or two in this instance)
Lots went wrong in that game and many things factor into those mistakes and miscues.
It's very, very, rare that you can pin a loss on one thing or one guy.

(10-28-2018, 05:16 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 05:08 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]This. The pass was just a little bit behind compared to Chark's momentum and while he could catch that it wasn't easy at all.

While a tough catch, it hit him square in the hands.  You HAVE to catch that as a pro.

The guy had to do some pretty athletic things to get his hands to where that ball was thrown. It's not quite so simple as "hit him square..."
(10-28-2018, 04:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 04:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Cole is a talented but wildly inconsistent receiver. He shouldn't be trusted for now

But I don't see him as the same guy who gave us such good football at the end of last year.

(10-28-2018, 05:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Funny how much better Cole looked when Kessler was in at QB...

I think it some pressing and some inconsistent QB play. I had such high Hope's that the wrist was a source of the wildly varied throws. Turns out he just doesn't know how to play QB and can't throw the ball.
(10-28-2018, 05:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Funny how much better Cole looked when Kessler was in at QB...

He dropped a pass from Kessler too.
That would had been a very tough catch for Chark.
Opposing TEs are destroying the Jags.

Solid point.

When Kessler was throwing those passes like the 75 yard dime against the Seahawks, Kessler was amazing.
(10-28-2018, 04:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

It appears he lost his confidence the last couple of weeks.

(10-28-2018, 05:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'll never understand the need to place blame on one guy.  (or two in this instance)
Lots went wrong in that game and many things factor into those mistakes and miscues.
It's very, very, rare that you can pin a loss on one thing or one guy.

(10-28-2018, 05:16 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]While a tough catch, it hit him square in the hands.  You HAVE to catch that as a pro.

The guy had to do some pretty athletic things to get his hands to where that ball was thrown. It's not quite so simple as "hit him square..."

With that second bounce, he should have had it. I would have forgiven missing it the first time, but twice? You got to come down with that.
(10-28-2018, 06:31 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]That would had been a very tough catch for Chark.
Opposing TEs are destroying the Jags.

Competent  TEs destroy all defenses. They produce matchup issues. This team has historically been burned by the TEs. Frank Wycheck owned this team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4