Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why didn't we trade Taven Bryan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I’m sitting here wondering why Fowler was traded and it made me think on a few things.

- He was going to cost too much so instead of cutting him or simply letting him walk, we got a decent return with a 3rd and 5th.

- It really doesn’t matter where your drafted because Yan proved this. 

- If we’re being honest, Fowler is a LB not a DE.

Ok so why wouldn’t we trade a guy like Bryan? He really hasn’t made one play in preseason or regular season. He’s playing out of position. 

Some say he is a development player but man we spent a first round pick on him.

I’ve had a few Gator fans tell me he wasn’t good at all.

Why not trade Bryan while we’re at it.
Might be time to take a break man.
LOL. This guy suggesting we trade our 2018 first round pick that has only played 8 regular season games. Is this a joke?

[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-31-2018, 04:18 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]LOL. This guy suggesting we trade our first round pick that has only played  watched 8 regular season games. Is this a joke?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Fixed this for you.
I may have hated the Bryan pick, but to give up on him after 8 games is ridiculous.
Buuuuwwwwaaaaaa!! That is all. Thanks.
Wow, your topics are getting worse and worse.
Woah guys. It was just a question along with an understanding of why Fowler was traded. I just feel like Bryan falls in that same category. Let’s face it, Bryan won’t do anything this year so he will have the next couple years before he could be in the same spot.

I wasn’t trolling
(10-31-2018, 04:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Woah guys. It was just a question along with an understanding of why Fowler was traded. I just feel like Bryan falls in that same category. Let’s face it, Bryan won’t do anything this year so he will have the next couple years before he could be in the same spot.

I wasn’t trolling

That's the worrying part
Lol, and people call me a troll. Some posters just troll more eloquently.
(10-31-2018, 04:04 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m sitting here wondering why Fowler was traded and it made me think on a few things.

- He was going to cost too much so instead of cutting him or simply letting him walk, we got a decent return with a 3rd and 5th.

Ok so why wouldn’t we trade a guy like Bryan? He really hasn’t made one play in preseason or regular season. He’s playing out of position. 

Aaaaaand it's time to put the bottle down.
(10-31-2018, 04:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Woah guys. It was just a question along with an understanding of why Fowler was traded. I just feel like Bryan falls in that same category....

Fowler had eight games left of a 64 game contract.

Bryan is eight games into a 64 game contract. 

Apples.

Oranges.
(10-31-2018, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2018, 04:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Woah guys. It was just a question along with an understanding of why Fowler was traded. I just feel like Bryan falls in that same category....

Apples.

Oranges.

^ THIS.

I know this season has led us all to drink more than usual, but this thread is the epitome of that. Bryan was RAW coming out. obviously he's not going to produce especially since he's buried on the depth chart. Fowler was traded to CREATE opportunities for Bryan. Also Fowler was gone at the end of the season, he may be a hometown kid but even at a discount we're over the cap and can't afford him, and resigning him means sacrificing cap space that would be utilized on Yannick & Ramsey, at BEST we would've gotten a 3rd round compensatory pick (and that's no guarantee, considering we'll probably sign a few guys, and Fowler may not get the mega contract that nets us a 3rd) that Rams 3rd is higher than a compensatory and is a guarantee, and we get a 5th in 2020.. and considering we traded a 5th for hyde a week prior thats a wash. So essentially we traded Fowler for a 3rd & Carlos Hyde ... that's a pretty damn good haul lol. And Hyde coming here pretty much guarantees Yeldon is gone.
WOW.
Lol
I...umm...
(10-31-2018, 04:04 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m sitting here wondering why Fowler was traded and it made me think on a few things.

You're getting ridiculous.  

They weren't cutting Fowler at the end of the season.  He was going to be a free agent since they didn't pick up the option on his contract.  The fact that he has seen so few snaps this season is a good indication that the coaching staff was pretty much done with the guy.  Bryan is a rookie who hasn't even adapted to the speed of the game at this level.  They're not trading their first round pick from this year.  That's just mangificently stupid.

If you're this premature with other things in life, we might need to change your name to JagFanatic:24.
(10-31-2018, 04:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Woah guys. It was just a question along with an understanding of why Fowler was traded. I just feel like Bryan falls in that same category. Let’s face it, Bryan won’t do anything this year so he will have the next couple years before he could be in the same spot.

I wasn’t trolling
So you want to trade a 1st round project pick for what? You give up on him now and sell low when they expect him to play at a late 1st round pick level next year.

You are basically saying just trade the whole roster

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(10-31-2018, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Apples.

Oranges.

You're making him do math, and then injecting produce comparisons into a response.  That is only going to confuse him even more.  Especially when the numbers go higher than 20.  How's he expected to keep up?

It's already a chore to come up with at least one mindless thread a day to meet quotas. Don't complicate it even more.
This poorly conceived back handed Taven bash has back fired big time. Might want to delete this one OP. Just saying.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5