Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ranking the Jaguars WRs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here goes...

1. Dede Westbrook - Consistently has big games; rarely drops the ball
2. Keelan Cole - A solid #2 WR; drops are minimal
3. Dante Moncrief - Gets open a lot, but among lead leaders in drops
4. Marquiz Lee (IR) - The white tiger who often injures his leg when he steps out of his cage
5. Jaydon Mickens (IR) - Up and coming; intriguing on returns
6. DJ Chark, JR - Coming on quickly; had a few drops early on, but not so much lately
7. Rashad Green Sr - Incredibly he's still on the roster
8. Allen Lazard (PS) - Jar on a shelf
(11-01-2018, 07:17 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Here goes...

2. Keelan Coles - A solid #2 WR; drops are minimal
4. DJ Chark, JR - Coming on quickly; had a few drops early on, but not so much lately
5. Rashad Green Sr - Incredibly he's still on the roster
6. Allen Lazard - Jar on a shelf

Keelan Cole...minimal drops?  You know he leads the league in drops right?  And that's not counting the fumbles.
(11-01-2018, 07:19 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]

4. DJ Chark, JR - Coming on quickly; had a few drops early on, but not so much lately

Keelan Cole...minimal drops?  You know he leads the league in drops right?  And that's not counting the fumbles.

Does he really? My bad.

BTW, I added the IR guys
(11-01-2018, 07:19 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]

Where's a site that lists drops? I did see the Jaguars WRs drop 6 percent of their passes, which is the 3rd most in the league.

As for Cole, I recall a few drops, but I didn't realize he had so many.

I can only recall a couple drops from Westbrook, but Moncrief it seems like all the time.
Cole : drops machine.
Moncrief : lazy !
Dede : inconsistent. Can have big game, then disappear. Still our best receiver.
Chark : too early to tell. Made some rookie mistakes, but also has shown some improvement.
Having just read where Cole's reps have been considerably downgraded, and realizing he's had way more drops that I was thinking, I need to downgrade Cole a bit.

Now I'm thinking...

2. Dante Moncrief - Gets open a lot, but among lead leaders in drops
3. Marqise Lee (IR) - The white tiger who often injures his leg when he steps out of his cage
4. Keelan Cole - At best a #2 WR; drops are out of control
5. Jaydon Mickens (IR) - Up and coming; intriguing on returns
6. DJ Chark, JR - Coming on quickly; had a few drops early on, but not so much lately
7. Rashad Green Sr - Incredibly he's still on the roster
8. Allen Lazard (PS) - Jar on a shelf
Any of them are lucky to be on an NFL roster IMO. Especially as starters.
I don't understand the purpose of this.  A bye-week ranking of a struggling position group? 

They all have struggled. Even Westbrook - who seems the best option at the moment until he's keyed upon by defenses.

If I'm starting three in week ten, it would be Westbrook, Moncrief and Chark.  That's not a ranking - it's just going with the hot hand. 

(Moncrief has actually played well in the past two games despite the common refrain around here. And this team is missing Marqise Lee this year in a bad way.)
AROB
Hurns
Lee
Walter
Greene

Oh,,,,,
Thought this thread was started in August until I saw one hour ago by the time. This gotta be a joke. The only two receivers I like is Westbrook and Chark, the rest are trash.
Lol at Westbrook having big games, dude doesn't even have 500 yards on the season and only has 3 TDs.

Stats from his last 3 games

3 rec 38 yards
4 rec 17 yards
2 rec 31 yards

LOL
There are only 2 receivers on this roster who would warrant consideration for starting roles on other teams, and that's Westbrook and Chark, and even that's a stretch for those two. If you're ranking this recevinig corps based on results so far it would go more like this:

1. NA
2. NA
3. NA
4. NA
5. NA
6. NA
7. NA
8. Westbrook
9. Chark

Overall, this unit is just downright bad. Cole is a drop machine despite many nice catches, so I guess I'd slap him in at #10 if I went that far, but overall, this is just a bad group of receivers. There's potential to get better, but it's not happening fast enough.
Man I remember when Keenan was getting heaps of praise for making magic from our WRs.

Now they all stink lol

Outside of Moncrief's alligator arms and Cole's all of a sudden case of the dropsies.....
Westbrook actually gets open, gains separation and makes plays when given snaps and opportunities. When the QB actually looks his way instead of locking onto his first read...
Chark has had a drop or two... but should probably get more snaps in lieu of Moncrief
(11-01-2018, 09:24 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]...
Chark has had a drop or two... but should probably get more snaps in lieu of Moncrief

He's already getting Cole's snaps. Chark was in on 75% of the off. snaps last week. 

Moncrief has actually played well the past two weeks.  There was nothing "lazy" or "alligator armed" from him in those games. 
Just a couple of bad passes from Blake that Megatron on steroids wouldn't catch - but folks expect Moncrief to lay out for.
(11-01-2018, 09:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2018, 09:24 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]...

He's already getting Cole's snaps. Chark was in on 75% of the off. snaps last week. 

Moncrief has actually played well the past two weeks.  There was nothing "lazy" or "alligator armed" from him in those games. 
Just a couple of bad passes from Blake that Megatron on steroids wouldn't catch - but folks expect Moncrief to lay out for.

I'm not speaking on any one game specifically.
And I meant to say Chark should get Cole's snaps... 

but I still think Moncrief isn't good and gives less than 100% effort on some plays
Does poster even watch the games? “Moncrief gets open a lot.” That has to be a joke right?

Keelan Cole is quickly fading himself out of the league.

Westbrook has been decent at best. He shows some flashes here and there.

Chark has made a couple of pretty costly drops this season a long with a fumble in limited snaps.

Overall grade for the jags WRs this year?

F
(11-01-2018, 09:39 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2018, 09:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He's already getting Cole's snaps. Chark was in on 75% of the off. snaps last week. 

... I still think Moncrief isn't good and gives less than 100% effort on some plays

Moncrief has been a disappointment overall to be sure. I'm just pointing out that it's not as bad as this board might have you believe.
(11-01-2018, 09:40 AM)Trunt8728 Wrote: [ -> ]Does poster even watch the games?  “Moncrief gets open a lot.”  That has to be a joke right?  

Keelan Cole is quickly fading himself out of the league.

Westbrook has been decent at best. He shows some flashes here and there.

Chark has made a couple of pretty costly drops this season a long with a fumble in limited snaps.

Overall grade for the jags WRs this year?

F

I watch the games, and Moncrief gets open a whole lot compared to the other WRs on the roster.

As for Dede's big games, that's also more a comparison to his fellow WRs. A big game for Dede would be a bad game for a guy like Hopkins. That said, Dede shows the most effort and often comes down with catches even when they're not a perfect throw or when he looks covered. They really should throw to him more, but instead, they tend to target an open Moncrief only to watch him drop another ball.

As for Cole, we know he has the talent as we saw it last year. He needs to play with more urgency and effort. He was downgraded to only 1/4 of the snaps in the last game, and yet he still had loss-contributing blunders.

Chark has looked like a rookie. He dropped his first pass, and a few more out of the gate. Then lately he started looking better, but he did have that TD drop which would have been an incredible catch had he made it. He has a ways to go, but with injuries to Lee and Mickens, he's needed on the field now.
It is cracking me up how people keep saying that would have been an incredible catch if Chark would have caught it.

The catch was a routine pass and catch. If he would have caught it off the bobble it would have been cool but it should have never been bobbled.
I'm hoping Cole gets his [BLEEP] together during the bye week and can return to the player he was last year
Pages: 1 2