Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Parnell with the pff block of the week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Parnell has been our 2nd best lineman this year behnind Linder.  He had the bad game against the Chiefs but other than that Parnell has had a solid season.  Here is Parnell with Pff block of the week.

Starts at 1:17

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1058120500113801216
Man buns and plaid, that actually answers a lot of questions about PFF for me.
Forgot to mention Mercedes Lewis one of the top 5 blocks as well. Huge mistake by Dave and Tom in letting Lewis walk. And Abry Jones getting destroyed.
(11-02-2018, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot to mention Mercedes Lewis one of the top 5 blocks as well.  Huge mistake by Dave and Tom in letting Lewis walk.  And Abry Jones getting destroyed.

Indeed, I was not happy about letting Lewis go. Had I been GM, our top two TEs would be Marcedes Lewis and Dallas Goedert.

(11-01-2018, 11:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Parnell has been our 2nd best lineman this year behnind Linder.  He had the bad game against the Chiefs but other than that Parnell has had a solid season.  Here is Parnell with Pff block of the week.

Starts at 1:17

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1058120500113801216

That is pretty impressive. Fletcher Cox is an absolute beast.
PFF stats should come with a grain or two of salt lol

In the 5 games I've watched, Parnell gets worked often by pass rushers.
He gave up a couple sacks to KC but there's been plenty of plays where he gets beat quickly. If he's our 2nd best lineman, we need more retooling than I thought lol
(11-02-2018, 12:47 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]PFF stats should come with a grain or two of salt lol

He gave up a couple sacks to KC but there's been plenty of plays where he gets beat quickly. If he's our 2nd best lineman, we need more retooling than I thought lol

I know Dee Ford certainly used him as a turnstile.
Keep in mind that Parnell isn't getting much help because they're busy helping out the LT spot. 
(11-02-2018, 02:44 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind that Parnell isn't getting much help because they're busy helping out the LT spot. 

Help?
Dude is a veteran... whatchu mean help?
What help is the RT and RG giving the LT?

You mean the TE and RB chips?
C'mon lol
(11-02-2018, 02:46 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2018, 02:44 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind that Parnell isn't getting much help because they're busy helping out the LT spot. 

Help?

C'mon lol

Chips... double teams... stuff you'd normally give even the best RTs... they're mostly going to the other side. 
JP channeling his inner Rick James on Fletcher Cox

https://youtu.be/qPr-xsQvhgw
(11-02-2018, 12:54 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2018, 12:47 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]PFF stats should come with a grain or two of salt lol

I know Dee Ford certainly used him as a turnstile.

He plays for the Chiefs, it's the same thing we mentioned above.  He gave him problems last time we played the Chiefs as well.  Other than that Parnell has had a decent season

(11-02-2018, 02:56 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2018, 02:46 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Help?

C'mon lol

Chips... double teams... stuff you'd normally give even the best RTs... they're mostly going to the other side. 

Yep, he isn't getting any help this year like most teams are able to give their RT.  Not to mention he has Cann to his left