Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Inside the Mind of Jalen Ramsey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He deserves to be on a better team. Like the Chiefs. I don't think he's long for this team tbh. Just a gut feeling.
(11-02-2018, 01:49 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]He deserves to be on a better team. Like the Chiefs. I don't think he's long for this team tbh. Just a gut feeling.

LOL

What kind of "fan" says this?   That's weak.
(11-02-2018, 01:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

Whoa next level opinions here! 
[Image: giphy.gif]
(11-02-2018, 02:06 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2018, 01:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

Whoa next level opinions here! 

I'm juust having a laugh at your post. I mean, do you actually call yourself a fan of the Jags and think that the team's better players "deserve" more than to play for them?   

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  There's only 32 teams at this level. Any are a privilege, this one just made a deep playoff run and the kid is under a contract that has a team 5th year option. Deserves better... psshhhh.

Or maybe you are not a fan of the team at all?
On a sidenote to this video I posted....

As some of you know, I live in Nashville and after watching this video I thought it might be worth a shot to contact the local store owner featured in this video asking for memorabilia or personal autograph from Jalen Ramsey based off how close his connection is to him. He was friendly and said he can definitely hook me up with something, so pretty stoked about that. I knew it was a long shot but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
(11-02-2018, 01:49 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]He deserves to be on a better team. Like the Chiefs. I don't think he's long for this team tbh. Just a gut feeling.

Buuuuwwwaaaa!!! He will be here a minimum of six years if management wants it that way.

Deserves....Buwwwaaaa!!! Gold Jerry, Gold I tell ya.

He deserves to be on a better team?

Why does he deserve that? Because he did his job?
Because he runs his mouth more than most?

What exactly has Jalen Ramsey done to deserve to be better off than anyone else?

Get outta here with that nonsense dude.
Won't be here long?
Welp... he'll be here as long as the Jags want to keep him (5 years on a rookie deal plus a possible tag)

I suppose if he wants to leave after his 6th or 7th season.... we might let him go... By then, he won't be the best CB in the league. Hell, may not even be top 5 by then.
I'm just glad he's on the Jaguars roster. Caldwell struck gold with this draft pick. 
(11-02-2018, 02:54 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just glad he's on the Jaguars roster. Caldwell struck gold with this draft pick. 

We struck gold once Dallas passed.  I remember jumping up and down and cheering.  He is here until he isn't here anymore.  That is the beauty of rookie contracts.
(11-02-2018, 02:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Buuuuwwwaaaa!!! He will be here a minimum of six years if management wants it that way.

Rep for Seinfeld reference   Laughing

(11-02-2018, 02:49 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]He deserves to be on a better team?

What exactly has Jalen Ramsey done to deserve to be better off than anyone else?

Won't be here long?
Welp... he'll be here as long as the Jags want to keep him (5 years on a rookie deal plus a possible tag)

I suppose if he wants to leave after his 6th or 7th season.... we might let him go... By then, he won't be the best CB in the league. Hell, may not even be top 5 by then.
I believe he deserves it because of how emotional he was in his rookie season about losing and the mentality of being ok with it. Yeah we fired the guy we think was responsible for that mentality but I think it's still there. In the simple fact that Blake Bortles is still starting for this team. I honestly don't think his kind of personality is looked at too fondly by the FO and that will result in an early exit. Obviously not for nothing. But certainly if a team offered the right package I think they'd do it.
Ramsey is not the dark knight we deserve but need
He better be getting a second contract with the Jags minimum..
I'm glad we have him but I *do* see him as a player who might consider himself too big for the Jacksonville market and might envision himself as a player who needs to be in a New York or LA or something. In my opinion, the Jags are going to have to dig deep to keep him (short of franchising him of course).
Ramsey has not played well this year.
(11-05-2018, 07:05 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad we have him but I *do* see him as a player who might consider himself too big for the Jacksonville market and might envision himself as a player who needs to be in a New York or LA or something.  In my opinion, the Jags are going to have to dig deep to keep him (short of franchising him of course).

He's very good, but not great.  He's talked about like a Reavis or Sanders.  Jags need to draft a quality CB this year in case we need to let him get his big contract somewhere else.
(11-02-2018, 06:18 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2018, 02:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Buuuuwwwaaaa!!! He will be here a minimum of six years if management wants it that way.

Rep for Seinfeld reference   Laughing

(11-02-2018, 02:49 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]He deserves to be on a better team?

Won't be here long?

I believe he deserves it because of how emotional he was in his rookie season about losing and the mentality of being ok with it. Yeah we fired the guy we think was responsible for that mentality but I think it's still there. In the simple fact that Blake Bortles is still starting for this team. I honestly don't think his kind of personality is looked at too fondly by the FO and that will result in an early exit. Obviously not for nothing. But certainly if a team offered the right package I think they'd do it.

Hmmm....

So you just have a weird opinion that he deserves to play elsewhere. Not based on actual merit.

If I roll my eyes any harder they might roll out of my head and onto the damn floor.

(11-05-2018, 09:37 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2018, 07:05 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad we have him but I *do* see him as a player who might consider himself too big for the Jacksonville market and might envision himself as a player who needs to be in a New York or LA or something.  In my opinion, the Jags are going to have to dig deep to keep him (short of franchising him of course).

He's very good, but not great.  He's talked about like a Reavis or Sanders.  Jags need to draft a quality CB this year in case we need to let him get his big contract somewhere else.

Wow.

NO ONE was saying this last year.

You fickle fools I tell you what.
It's like the craziest people are multiplying and the rest of us just gotta deal with it til death.

Has he been the best CB in the league this year? No... but he's still playing at a top 5 level with a DC apparently out to get him and an offense that wants him running for 40+ minutes a game.
Jalen probably isn't happy about being flexed out, he wants to spotlight. He wants more followers, that's why he did that whole QB criticism at beginning of season. He won't be here long without spotlight IMO. I could see him having an ugly holdout when the team picks up his option.
(11-05-2018, 05:05 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2018, 09:37 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]He's very good, but not great.  He's talked about like a Reavis or Sanders.  Jags need to draft a quality CB this year in case we need to let him get his big contract somewhere else.

Wow.

NO ONE was saying this last year.

You fickle fools I tell you what.
It's like the craziest people are multiplying and the rest of us just gotta deal with it til death.

Has he been the best CB in the league this year? No... but he's still playing at a top 5 level with a DC apparently out to get him and an offense that wants him running for 40+ minutes a game.

Context is everything, isn't it?  hb1148 stated that he thinks Jalen might think he needs a bigger stage than Jacksonville.  My response was that we should draft a quality CB in case he's no longer here.  And, yes, it's my opinion that he's very good, but not great.  He hasn't played up to last season nor his own hype.  I wouldn't want him to leave, but I wouldn't bust the cap to keep him, either.

If you think that's crazy, you need another dictionary.
(11-02-2018, 02:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2018, 02:06 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa next level opinions here! 

I'm juust having a laugh at your post. I mean, do you actually call yourself a fan of the Jags and think that the team's better players "deserve" more than to play for them?   

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  There's only 32 teams at this level. Any are a privilege, this one just made a deep playoff run and the kid is under a contract that has a team 5th year option. Deserves better... psshhhh.

Or maybe you are not a fan of the team at all?

sry company man but he's right... I want him on this team, but true elite players dont deserve the crap that is this franchise
Pages: 1 2