Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 10 Injury Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fournette is still "wait and see" according to Marrone almost a week after Adam Schefter reported a source saying "he'll play in Indy." 

Back at practice are injured DBs Patmon and Hayden. 

Lerentee McCray did not practice today but is expected to practice Wednesday. (hamstring) 

Quote:*Cornerback Tyler Patmon returned to practice after missing the 24-18 loss to the Eagles just before the bye with a neck injury. Nickel cornerback D.J. Hayden, out the last six games with a toe injury, also returned to practice. “Me being at practice lets me know I’m ready to go,” Hayden said. “It’s pretty black and white.” Hayden added of the injury, “It’s real frustrating because people are like, ‘Man, it’s just your toe?’ But it can really hold you back. I’m just glad to be back out with my team.’’

*Marrone said the only players not practicing Monday were cornerback A.J. Bouye (calf), cornerback Quenton Meeks (knee) and defensive end Lerentee McCray (hamstring). He said he expected McCray likely will practice Wednesday.
^ Oehser
I legit won’t believe it until I see it as far as fournette playing is concerned
A.J. Bouye being out is a bit of a concern.
(11-05-2018, 06:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]A.J. Bouye being out is a bit of a concern.

It was a calf injury, right? So likely soft tissue. Could easily miss another few games if that's the case. Look at Fournette.
Fournette better play. My fantasy team is on a two game losing streak. My top two picks were Melvin Gordon and Fournette and I have yet to have a week where both played an entire game, the same week. I need Fournette in light of my poor QB play. With the way our O-Line has been decimated though, he might not see much success, but it would certainly take pressure off our passing offense. Please Leonard, I need to see you on the field this week!
Don't care if Fournette plays or not, he's not going to do anything either right now on this offense.
(11-06-2018, 12:08 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: [ -> ]Don't care if Fournette plays or not, he's not going to do anything either right now on this offense.

I think if he does just enough in the run game to keep Bortles from throwing it 35 times then he’s done his job.
Today's post practice presser should have some insight on which players are on track to return to action.
Looking forward to some good news.
https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/10...1630619648

If these are indeed the only non-IR players not practicing, that's a good sign. 

Wednesdays were a common "rest day" for a few banged up vets prior to the bye. Could mean a few of those guys are a bit healthier after getting a Sunday off.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1060185111180820480

Looks like Fournette is practicing and so is O'Shaughnessy.  I mistakenly thought he was IR'd. Glad he's back in action. 

McCray practicing again is good too, since he'll probably be getting a portion of Fowler's reps at DE.
Fournette should finally start. If he's practicing his [BLEEP] should be able to play.

And I hope they turn him and Hyde into a pair of Iron Horses and they start running right at defenses again.

Offensive line had a much needed week off. They should be ready to go for this one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Any updates on Patmon?
If Bouye(conflicting info) and Meeks are both out, could we see Hayden outside and Patmon in the slot?
(11-07-2018, 02:47 PM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]Any updates on Patmon?
If Bouye(conflicting info) and Meeks are both out, could we see Hayden outside and Patmon in the slot?

Yeah. That could go either way regarding which plays outside, probably depending on which is closer to 100% health. 

Patmon practiced full and Hayden was limited today. 

[Image: ScreenShot2018-11-07at1.51.19PM.png]
(11-07-2018, 02:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah. That could go either way regarding which plays outside, probably depending on which is closer to 100% health. 

Patmon practiced full and Hayden was limited today. 

[Image: ScreenShot2018-11-07at1.51.19PM.png]

Slowly coming back. I'm hoping Bouye isn't too serious and hell be good for Sunday. Good to have O'Shaugnessey back, need some depth at TE.
Marrone didn't like that Bouye told reporters he isn't playing Sunday. Doug said trainers told him something else about AJ status and was quite annoyed at Bouye for what he said.

Good that Yeldon is not on the injury report anymore and I think it's the first time since the start of the year that Linder and Norwell aren't on it on Wednesday as well. Good to have at least O'Shaughnessy back among the TEs and hopefully Hayden  will be a full go together with Patmon.

Fournette? Good to have him back of course, but what has to start making sense is the playcalling too. There were games we were running the ball well only to abandon it just because we went down of a few points. Hopefully we find the right balance with Fournette, Hyde and Yeldon all available.
(11-07-2018, 03:17 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]...
Fournette? Good to have him back of course, but what has to start making sense is the playcalling too. There were games we were running the ball well only to abandon it just because we went down of a few points. Hopefully we find the right balance with Fournette, Hyde and Yeldon all available.

Yeah, while true, you have to also chalk some of those instances up to the line and backs not getting it done. Especially in London.  
If it's not working - why stick with it?  

Regardless - having three O-Lineman taken off of the injury report that had been there for several weeks  - along with Fournette returning and Hyde getting good time with the playbook = no excuse not to establish a run game on Sunday this week.
(11-07-2018, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2018, 03:17 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]...

Yeah, while true, you have to also chalk some of those instances up to the line and backs not getting it done. Especially in London.  

Regardless - having three O-Lineman taken off of the injury report that had been there for several weeks  - along with Fournette returning and Hyde getting good time with the playbook = no excuse not to establish a run game on Sunday this week.

Yeah, if it's not working it's good to find other options. Llast year for exemple, especially towards the end of the year as we ran Fournette into walls of defenders for a 1 yard gain on 1st and 2nd down without changing our approach too much.
My comment wasnt much about the London game though (where I still feel we should have run more, especially on the final drive of the first half, to not give the ball back to Philly with time -like we ended up doing- and on the final drive of the game, but yes other than that we weren't effective running although I wouldn't put it too much on the backs) but more about the Titans game, Chiefs game, Cowboys game, where Yeldon was often getting 6-7 yards on 1st down (in the first half of course since we stopped running afterwards in all those games) and we went out of it right after, calling 2nd down plays like the Niles Paul injury one and such.
Fournette should help quite a bit in the redzone, hopefully we start going back to the success we had there last year compared to the struggles we are having this year once in the RZ.
Totally agree on your final point.
(11-07-2018, 03:45 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2018, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, while true, you have to also chalk some of those instances up to the line and backs not getting it done. Especially in London.  

Yeah, if it's not working it's good to find other options. Llast year for exemple, especially towards the end of the year as we ran Fournette into walls of defenders for a 1 yard gain on 1st and 2nd down without changing our approach too much.
My comment wasnt much about the London game though (where I still feel we should have run more, especially on the final drive of the first half, to not give the ball back to Philly with time -like we ended up doing- and on the final drive of the game, but yes other than that we weren't effective running although I wouldn't put it too much on the backs) but more about the Titans game, Chiefs game, Cowboys game, where Yeldon was often getting 6-7 yards on 1st down (in the first half of course since we stopped running afterwards in all those games) and we went out of it right after, calling 2nd down plays like the Niles Paul injury one and such.
Fournette should help quite a bit in the redzone, hopefully we start going back to the success we had there last year compared to the struggles we are having this year once in the RZ.
Totally agree on your final point.
Yeah. We see all of this stuff very much the same way ^

Agree with this. Especially against the Colts. Outside Hilton, none of the other WR are huge threats.

Having said that, covering Doyle and Ebron in 2 TE sets will be of paramount importance. Because of their size, and since TY is mainly quick rather than big, maybe switching Ramsey on one of the TE's at times, and doubling TY with Safety help may be best option.

Most importantly though will be open field tackling and not giving way too much cushion because Colts's love dink and dunk this year.
Pages: 1 2