Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A telling story from Beuerlein during the broadcast about the Jaguars playcalling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During the first drive of the game Beuerlein talked about what Greg Olson had talked to him about before the game when it came to play calling and how to help Bortles.

He essentially said the Jaguars need to rely less on Bortles and put less on his shoulders on third down. As he's telling this story the Jaguars are repeatedly running for short yards on first and second downs and getting into third and long.

The funny part is that essentially the coaching's answer to having to put too much on Bortles on third down is to pretty much insure he's got everything on his shoulders on long third downs by running the ball repeatedly on early downs instead of throwing when the defense still has a doubt about what might be coming.

To sum it up, Olson's (and I'm guessing here it's probably really coming from Gus) answer to the problem is to keep doing the same things that have caused the problem to begin with.

This is the worst coaching staff in the history of the league, I dont think its close. The 3rd down percentages on both sides of the ball tells the story, we don't convert third downs and can't get off the field on their downs, thats a product of coaching. The Bears were 2 of 9 on third downs last week against a terrible Colts defense, they're like 6 of 8 right now, the sooner Shad cleans house the better off this franchise will be

I saw this coming.  All they've done this season is take away their strengths, and replace it with absolutely nothing. 

Lol
I think this is a major issue^ Olson doesn't seem to gameplan for teams we are facing. Instead, we see a fixed number of plays our O continues to run unsuccessfully.

Thus we see:

•same running play with Yeldon out of shotgun (0% success rate)

•play action calls on 50% of our pass plays when we have no run game established

•literally no creativity at all

The Bears O coordinator on two occasions made our entire D bite HARD and then they proceeded to throw it to the opposite side of the field. The Bears O isn't asking much of Hoyer, Hoyer is just simply doing his job proficiently and mistake free with the occasional deep throw here and there
Quote:I think this is a major issue^ Olson doesn't seem to gameplan for teams we are facing. Instead, we see a fixed number of plays our O continues to run unsuccessfully.

Thus we see:

•same running play with Yeldon out of shotgun (0% success rate)

•play action calls on 50% of our pass plays when we have no run game established

•literally no creativity at all

The Bears O coordinator on two occasions made our entire D bite HARD and then they proceeded to throw it to the opposite side of the field. The Bears O isn't asking much of Hoyer, Hoyer is just simply doing his job proficiently and mistake free with the occasional deep throw here and there

Bingo
Even Brad Nortman cannot save us.

There is that draw play out of the shotgun that never works
This is just pathetic. Tear this while thing down