Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week, our beloved Jaguars lost a game to the Colts, creating a result few envisioned back in July.  As inexplicable as the result was, the way the result was arrived at was equally inexplicable.  While generally the defense has not been up to the standards set by the defense the last 2-3 years, that performance last week was bad.  There was no pressure applied to Luck.  Not a particularly huge shock there because the pass rush has been off.  But the amount of spectacularly blown coverages has reached epidemic proportions and created catastrophic results.  It seems nobody was immune from them.  Jalen Ramsey, the oft brilliant CB from the Jaguars, was said to have blown at least two coverages, one early that resulted in the early Eric Ebron TD (by the way, what did we ever do to him?  We've played him twice and he's killed us twice).  Church and Telvin Smith were also reportedly responsible.  What gives?  Are the guys trying to do too much in the effort to make a play?  Have the guys decided to rebel against Wash's play calling (Ramsey)?   Is the focus simply not there?  Is Jack not getting everyone aligned properly?  

Elsewhere in the division, the tacks did what few thought they would do-put a major league thumping on the Pats, in game that left at least one article writer to say Brady has lost it and that he no longer has the arm strength.  The division leading Texans had the bye.

Not so mystifying are my struggles picking this year.  I had a couple of weeks where I went 2-0 and got back to respectability, but then I went 0-2 last week.  Dating myself and quoting SNL's old "Rosanna Rosanna Danna" played by Gilda Radner..."It's always somethin!"

On to the picks...

tacks (5-4) at Colts (4-5)-This game features two teams with so so records that have both played well of late.  The tacks have won their last two, beating Dallas and New England.  The Colts have won the last three, beating Oakland, Buffalo and the Jaguars.  The Colts have a good young nucleus and they are at home. I also think Reich will be a great coach.  But I don't see the tacks blowing coverages the way the Jaguars did last week.  The tacks win 23-17.

Texans (6-3) at Washington (6-3)-the week's top divisional matchup features two teams leading their divisions and in the thick of the playoff hunt.  Washington has the distinction of allowing 500 yards of offense to the explosive Bucs, yet only surrendering a FG.  I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in all my years of fandom.  This game will go down to the offensive lines.  Just a couple of weeks ago, Washington literally could not field five healthy OL.  I never thought I would type this, but the Texans have the edge here.  I think Newly acquired D. Thomas may be a factor.  Texans win 27-13.

Steelers (6-3) at Jaguars (3-6)-In a rematch of last year's AFC Divisional playoff, the Steelers and their troglodyte fans come down to Jacksonville, lowering property values, to face the Jaguars.  In that playoff games, the Steelers put up 42 points on the Jaguars defense that wasn't blowing coverages than the average adult film star.  While I think Fournette's return helps the offense some, I don't see the Jaguars winning this game at all.  Steelers 31 Jaguars 14.

Last week:  0-2
Overall:  14-16.
Cheer up jag fans. Picking you to win this wk. You own the squeelers. 5 interceptions? Big ben saying maybe i dont have it anymore?

Jags
Tacks
Skins.

16-15
0-2 last week.

14-16 on the season.

Going Colts, Skins, Jags.
17-14

clots
skins
squealers
0-2 last week
11-20 overall

Titans over Colts
Redskins over Texans
Jaguars over Steelers
0 fer last week.
18-12 for the season.

Tacks
Texans
Steelers
14-17 overall  

Texans will romp redskins

Colts  over titians because its in indy.

Steelers
To quote Homebiscuit from several years back:

I'm not sayin' we're gonna lose, but we're gonna lose, know what I'm sayin'?

Colts
Texans
Steelers

Don't know what my record is anymore...stopped caring around the same time our Jags did.
I'll take the colts, texans, and Steelers.

Colts because they're at home, texans because Alex Smith is the Redskins QB, Steelers because the Jaguars are terrible.

17-12 coming into the week.
Colts
Skins
Steelers

16-14
Week # 10 results: 0-2

16-14 overall official ( 17-14 unofficial )

Week # 11 selections:

Pittsburgh
Tennessee
Houston
(11-16-2018, 11:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Last week, our beloved Jaguars lost a game to the Colts, creating a result few envisioned back in July.  As inexplicable as the result was, the way the result was arrived at was equally inexplicable.  While generally the defense has not been up to the standards set by the defense the last 2-3 years, that performance last week was bad.  There was no pressure applied to Luck.  Not a particularly huge shock there because the pass rush has been off.  But the amount of spectacularly blown coverages has reached epidemic proportions and created catastrophic results.  It seems nobody was immune from them.  Jalen Ramsey, the oft brilliant CB from the Jaguars, was said to have blown at least two coverages, one early that resulted in the early Eric Ebron TD (by the way, what did we ever do to him?  We've played him twice and he's killed us twice).  Church and Telvin Smith were also reportedly responsible.  What gives?  Are the guys trying to do too much in the effort to make a play?  Have the guys decided to rebel against Wash's play calling (Ramsey)?   Is the focus simply not there?  Is Jack not getting everyone aligned properly?  

Elsewhere in the division, the tacks did what few thought they would do-put a major league thumping on the Pats, in game that left at least one article writer to say Brady has lost it and that he no longer has the arm strength.  The division leading Texans had the bye.

Not so mystifying are my struggles picking this year.  I had a couple of weeks where I went 2-0 and got back to respectability, but then I went 0-2 last week.  Dating myself and quoting SNL's old "Rosanna Rosanna Danna" played by Gilda Radner..."It's always somethin!"

On to the picks...

tacks (5-4) at Colts (4-5)-This game features two teams with so so records that have both played well of late.  The tacks have won their last two, beating Dallas and New England.  The Colts have won the last three, beating Oakland, Buffalo and the Jaguars.  The Colts have a good young nucleus and they are at home. I also think Reich will be a great coach.  But I don't see the tacks blowing coverages the way the Jaguars did last week.  The tacks win 23-17.

Texans (6-3) at Washington (6-3)-the week's top divisional matchup features two teams leading their divisions and in the thick of the playoff hunt.  Washington has the distinction of allowing 500 yards of offense to the explosive Bucs, yet only surrendering a FG.  I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in all my years of fandom.  This game will go down to the offensive lines.  Just a couple of weeks ago, Washington literally could not field five healthy OL.  I never thought I would type this, but the Texans have the edge here.  I think Newly acquired D. Thomas may be a factor.  Texans win 27-13.

Steelers (6-3) at Jaguars (3-6)-In a rematch of last year's AFC Divisional playoff, the Steelers and their troglodyte fans come down to Jacksonville, lowering property values, to face the Jaguars.  In that playoff games, the Steelers put up 42 points on the Jaguars defense that wasn't blowing coverages than the average adult film star.  While I think Fournette's return helps the offense some, I don't see the Jaguars winning this game at all.  Steelers 31 Jaguars 14.

Got hosed last week so I am going against the grain
Colts
Redskins
Jags
0-2
15-12 overall.
16-14
Skins
Steelers
Colts
18-13 Overall

This week

Colts
Texans
Steelers (hope I'm wrong)
Got in under the wire..

Clots, Skins...and Jaguars will play and win against the squealers
(11-17-2018, 08:12 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2018, 11:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Last week, our beloved Jaguars lost a game to the Colts, creating a result few envisioned back in July.  As inexplicable as the result was, the way the result was arrived at was equally inexplicable.  While generally the defense has not been up to the standards set by the defense the last 2-3 years, that performance last week was bad.  There was no pressure applied to Luck.  Not a particularly huge shock there because the pass rush has been off.  But the amount of spectacularly blown coverages has reached epidemic proportions and created catastrophic results.  It seems nobody was immune from them.  Jalen Ramsey, the oft brilliant CB from the Jaguars, was said to have blown at least two coverages, one early that resulted in the early Eric Ebron TD (by the way, what did we ever do to him?  We've played him twice and he's killed us twice).  Church and Telvin Smith were also reportedly responsible.  What gives?  Are the guys trying to do too much in the effort to make a play?  Have the guys decided to rebel against Wash's play calling (Ramsey)?   Is the focus simply not there?  Is Jack not getting everyone aligned properly?  

On to the picks...

Got hosed last week so I am going against the grain
Colts
Redskins
Jags
0-2
15-12 overall.
Why do I keep picking the jags, even when we should win, the refs and incompentant play calling take it away.
1-2
16-14 overall.
3-0 this week, 20-12 on the season. Surprised the jaguars made a game of it, Ramsey played like he wanted to make a point, but the offense and coaching staff wasted it. Also the refereeing was absolute garbage.

I'm not at all surprised the tacks got blown out, they get beaten down by teams that stop the run and have a QB. Colts fit that bill this year.
(11-16-2018, 06:16 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]14-17 overall  

Texans will romp redskins

Colts  over titians because its in indy.

Steelers

3-0 this week 

17-17 overall.
(11-16-2018, 11:37 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Cheer up jag fans. Picking you to win this wk. You own the squeelers. 5 interceptions? Big ben saying maybe i dont have it anymore?

Jags
Tacks
Skins.

16-15

0-3

16-18

Thumbtacks looked like crap
(11-16-2018, 12:47 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]0-2 last week
11-20 overall

Titans over Colts
Redskins over Texans
Jaguars over Steelers