Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Kathy Shelton Case: Hillary Clinton's Soul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No matter the outcome, this election cycle is going to go down as one of the strangest in the History of this country.  There has been a lot of talk about Locker rooms, and flights and e-mails, but I think that there is one story that is being left out of too many headlines. 

Someone here asked me about how i would react as a father to this or that.  While this isn't always a perfect one to one I think that in some cases it can provide a great deal of perspective. 

To that end I would welcome everyone to take a few seconds to themselves and imagine that u are a parent.  You have a 12 year old daughter...  A young girl with her whole life in front of her.  You can still see the innocence dripping from her smile.  You can feel the joy coursing throguh your body anytime that you hear her laughing in another room. 

Now i want you to imagine the anguish that you would go through if she didn't come home one night.  The fear and the anxiety of not knowing.  On the one hand praying that the phone rings in the next second, and on the other hand praying that the phone never rings so that you can keep the thoughts haunting the darkest part of your mind barried in the field of immagination for just a little bit longer.  Then how's it going to feel when you finally get the news that your little girl, all your hopes and dreams is at a hospital...  beaten into a coma. 

What would it be like to ascend the steps only to be greeted by a young doctor, choking back the tears in his own eyes.  Regretting that he has to be the one to tell you that two men, cowards the likes that the world should never have to endure, beat and raped your little girl to within an inch of her life.  They took her so viciously that she needed stitches on the most vulnerable part of her body.  The damage was so extensive that she'll never have grandkids for you to spoil, or extend life beyond herself.  Then imagine finding throughout this nightmare, the closest thing anyone will ever know to hell on earth, the onlything close to a silver linning is that somehow your little girl, clinging to what little life she had left, crawled accross the ground beaten to a bruised and bloody pulp with every movement causing a pain most people will never understand made it to a womans house.  And when the monsters that left her for dead came back to finish her off the woman that took your daughter in was able to write down thier license plate, and miraculously we find the two subhumans who did this to your daughter.  bloody underwear and all. 

Now imagine years later having to listen to this tape of the young lawyer that they found...  https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=e2f13f2awK4

That's not spin, that's not the right wing conspiracy, and that's not simply an attorney affecting a reasonable defense for their client.  That's a lack of empathy that most people, thankfully, will never understand.

This is the first I've heard about the actual rape. That was hard to read. I have heard about Clinton laughing about a case/victim back in the day. It's disturbing to think that anyone would find any aspect of that case a laughing matter. At all.
Quote:This is the first I've heard about the actual rape. That was hard to read. I have heard about Clinton laughing about a case/victim back in the day. It's disturbing to think that anyone would find any aspect of that case a laughing matter. At all.

At the time Hillary Clinton was a law instructor running a legal aid clinic and was chosen to be a court appointed attorney for an accused rapist. She was representing her client. Keep that in  mind when comparing the circumstances of this case with the admitted behavior of the Republican nominee, which was confirmed by multiple accusers.

As in most cases, things are not as black and white as they seem.

Quote:At the time Hillary Clinton was a law instructor running a legal aid clinic and was chosen to be a court appointed attorney for an accused rapist. She was representing her client. Keep that in  mind when comparing the circumstances of this case with the admitted behavior of the Republican nominee, which was confirmed by multiple accusers.

Lol...  "She wasn't laughing at the fact the 12 year old was raped...  she was laughing at the fact that the 41 year old rapist that she knew to be guilty beat the polygraph."  This is modern Journalism in America. 

As you listen to the tape you can see that Hillary Rodham sought out pharensic pathology testimony that had a reputation for "going any way you want it to go."  You can even hear her cracking up as she talks about manipulating the guy into helping her avoid this "Miscarriage of justice." 

The defendant in this case has a right to competent legal representation.  Competent legal representation isn't trying to disregard a positive id in a lineup and asking the pathology lab to keep testing evidence until there is a screw up after a positive test. 
The entire situation is disgusting. Her lack of empathy about the situation is disturbing. Her handling of the case may be criminal.
Quote:The entire situation is disgusting. Her lack of empathy about the situation is disturbing. Her handling of the case may be criminal.

It's not criminal and you know it.

Pretty one sided story has been told in this matter. But does the prosecutor not have to agree to said plea deal?
http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-fr...-about-it/

The snopes article, for those that are interested.

It's never cool to seem dismissive of sexual assault or rape.  However, the rapist Hillary defended did plead guilty.

Quote:http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-fr...-about-it/

The snopes article, for those that are interested.

It's never cool to seem dismissive of sexual assault or rape.  However, the rapist Hillary defended did plead guilty.

Wait, so you're saying that she wasn't laughing at the victim?  Are you sure?  Republicans are telling me that she was laughing at the rape victim? 

She was actually just laughing at the weird circumstances that surrounded the case?  Huh...  Who knew?
Whats funny is that people actually live and die by snopes haha
Hillary was a court appointed defender who did her job.  She didn't laugh about getting the guy off (the guy plead guilty, and got a lesser sentence).  I mean I guess conservatives don't think that lawyers should do their job?  Especially court appointed ones?  I mean if you're going to be upset with someone in this case for the guy not getting more time, that'd lie more with the prosecution.  (Since a plea was accepted.  I mean are people upset with Brock Turner's laywer?  I think more people are upset with the judge who sentenced him.  Since the prosecution sought more time.  His lawyer's just a guy doing his job--no matter how awful it sounds.  The judge is a guy NOT doing his job)

Should she have been the one to judge if he's guilty or not, then do an inadequate job as his defense attorney?  THAT would have been a breach of ethics.

Apparently conservatives think that people shouldn't have a right to a defense attorney.  I mean isn't that one of our basic rights?  I mean they haven't just attacked Hillary on this--they attacked Tim Kaine for getting a mentally unstable man's sentence reduced from 'death' to 'life in prison' too.  

Quote:Whats funny is that people actually live and die by snopes haha

If you read it, you'd have your world view questioned... I understand why you'd dissuade it.  I actually read the other side.  I'm open minded like that...
Quote:If you read it, you'd have your world view questioned... I understand why you'd dissuade it. I actually read the other side. I'm open minded like that...

Ok Jim Jones.. No thanks, you can have your kool-aid
He plead guilty to time served and was RELEASED! The tape is linked above. I listened to the tape not what someone said about the tape. I also heard her talk about manipulation of an expert. I also heard her say that his passing a polygraph "forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs"

The snopes article focuses on the idea that she volunteered. The court didn't initially appoint her. The defendant requested a female lawyer because the he knew the optics were better.

To 11th, as I said and have said in this case this is not representative of competent legal defense. Its callous manipulation for career. Big difference.
Quote:He plead guilty to time served and was RELEASED! The tape is linked above. I listened to the tape not what someone said about the tape. I also heard her talk about manipulation of an expert. I also heard her say that his passing a polygraph "forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs"

The snopes article focuses on the idea that she volunteered. The court didn't initially appoint her. The defendant requested a female lawyer because the he knew the optics were better.

To 11th, as I said and have said in this case this is not representative of competent legal defense. Its callous manipulation for career. Big difference.

The snopes article mentions all that...

And it also mentions that she did not laugh at the victim of the rape.  But at the ridiculousness of some of the circumstances of the trial.  Pretty normal human nature...  It's called gallows humor.  But hey, don't let common sense stop you from lying to yourself and looking a fool...  
I linked AUDIO bruh... AUDIO.
Quote:I linked AUDIO bruh... AUDIO.

Yes. You linked audio that supports the statement made in the snopes article.

Why doesn't anybody speak on the case itself? Why did the prosecutor agree to the plea? There are certain facts left out?
Quote:Yes. You linked audio that supports the statement made in the snopes article.

Why doesn't anybody speak on the case itself? Why did the prosecutor agree to the plea? There are certain facts left out?

If Hillary cut off someone head with a samurai sword on live television, you would find a way to defend it.
Quote:It's not criminal and you know it.

Pretty one sided story has been told in this matter. But does the prosecutor not have to agree to said plea deal?

The evidence that just so happens to arrive back from her forensic team that was missing parts? 
Lies lies darn lies
Quote:At the time Hillary Clinton was a law instructor running a legal aid clinic and was chosen to be a court appointed attorney for an accused rapist. She was representing her client. Keep that in  mind when comparing the circumstances of this case with the admitted behavior of the Republican nominee, which was confirmed by multiple accusers.

I never said she shouldn't represent anyone. I said, and I quote myself here, "This is the first I've heard about the actual rape. That was hard to read. I have heard about Clinton laughing about a case/victim back in the day. It's disturbing to think that anyone would find any aspect of that case a laughing matter. At all." 

I also never compared her case to anyone else's. I was merely commenting on the Kathy Shelton case and the fact that I'd never heard about it by name, only that Clinton had been caught on tape laughing about a case back in the day. 
Pages: 1 2