Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Possible Franchise Firsts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the way a few teams are improving, we have a real shot at the overall first pick. We have never done that. We also could go 0 for in the division.  Another opportunity for a franchise first. This is shaping up to be a season of firsts of futility.
(11-19-2018, 01:23 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]With the way a few teams are improving, we have a real shot at the overall first pick. We have never done that. We also could go 0 for in the division.  Another opportunity for a franchise first. This is shaping up to be a season of firsts of futility.

The Jaguars do not have that kind of luck.  Best we'll end up with is the 3rd overall pick, missing out on the top defensive player and QB in the draft.  

Best thing the Jags can hope for is to trade down a couple times and get the complete rebuild started.
Let me clarify, that I don't like these firsts. It bugs me that we have had such a poor offensive showing this year that we are doing things new to the franchise. It is odd to not have offensive depth but require precise execution to gain 10 yards and matriculate the ball down the field. The defense had some stinkers last year as well but the offense was slightly more capable.

Part of my disappointment is I have that sinking feeling that next year will be more of the same. We chose a complete rebuild path and got 1 year of injury free football and other teams melting down to have success. I was optimistic that we were at the start of some success it is brutal to watch every team decision be validated as wrong.
(11-19-2018, 01:23 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]With the way a few teams are improving, we have a real shot at the overall first pick. We have never done that. We also could go 0 for in the division.  Another opportunity for a franchise first. This is shaping up to be a season of firsts of futility.

This would also be the first time the Jags could picking in the top 5 with multiple top 10 talents at QB

Biggest problem in the Gabbert-McCown-Henne-Bortles Era was the horrendous QB Prospects/timing whenever picking in the top 5
Thankfully we will not go 0fer in the division. That first is off the table.

A bunch of teams around the league are playing better football. I wish we were but... we are closing in on first overall draft choice. Raiders and 49ers look better. The Cardinals have a better shot at it. We will see.
I think 5th or 6th is the best they'll end up with. Just my gut with a quick look at schedules.
(12-09-2018, 10:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think  5th or 6th is the best they'll end up with. Just my gut with a quick look at schedules.
The Jags should destroy the Skins.
(12-09-2018, 10:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2018, 10:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think  5th or 6th is the best they'll end up with. Just my gut with a quick look at schedules.
The Jags should destroy the Skins.

Yeah that was what I was thinking today.  I like wins and have no problem if we show up and play some football.