Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coordinator for Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I’m of the mindset that while we may draft or bring in a veteran QB next year (I hope at least, but it is a forlorn hope), this staff may triple down (the likely option) and put their chips all in for Bortles; this is likely because of the high amount invested in him for 2019. 

That said, who would you like to see in here as offensive coordinator? I wouldn’t mind Musgrave, as he had Carr on cloud nine; look what happens when he leaves. Now Denver’s offense looks balanced even with Keenum under center. 

Someone like him, a Norv Turner type; a guy who is a wizard on offensive schemes, not necessarily head coach material but a great coordinator with a solid rep for squeezing blood out of a stone. This may at least mitigate the disaster of Bortles starting 2019
I’d like to swing for the fences for a guy like Kliff Kingsbury but we are far more likely to get someone who runs the Army offense.
Todd Haley transformed the Steelers into a top ranked diversified offense.
I would think the next Offensive Coordinator would take DRASTIC action FIRST is to change the player under center for sake of morale of the team. If that does not happen we have the wrong OC AGAIN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No OC with previous successful experience is going to take on Blake Bortles. It's just a fact.

We got Doug Marrone because he was the only guy willing to take the job with BB at the helm.
It's time to move on. Need a new look offensively with a new field general in command. Bortles is not the answer. Unless this defense plays like the 2000 Ravens, 1985 Bears or 2002 Buccaneers week in and week out and the running game is on pace for 2,000+ yards collectively he just can't get it done.

Would rather see this team build around a new signal caller with a better mindset and philosophy on offense that is more in line with today's aerial approach and short passing game approach. We're just too vanilla on offense. I don't care if that means they have to poach a coach from Belichick's staff or Reid's staff. But they need to figure it out and get it going on that side of the football next year.

There's no way this fanbase is going to tolerate a 6th year in a row of Bortles at the helm. There's no [BLEEP] way. At least not without a SERIOUS investment made at the position to legitimately challenge him for the job. He has to go.
Keenan McCardell
(11-26-2018, 12:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]No OC with previous successful experience is going to take on Blake Bortles. It's just a fact.

We got Doug Marrone because he was the only guy willing to take the job with BB at the helm.
We agree twice!

Look how the coaching search went when it was told that Blake was the QB going forward.
(11-26-2018, 12:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2018, 12:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]No OC with previous successful experience is going to take on Blake Bortles. It's just a fact.

We agree twice!

Look how the coaching search went when it was told that Blake was the QB going forward.

We are certainly in more agreement in "The Home Team" board than "Political" lol.
(11-26-2018, 12:57 PM)JW Wrote: [ -> ]Keenan McCardell

I thought of Keenan also, but his WRs are underperforming bigly. Still can't fathom why Keelan Cole is on the field. He did throw a great block on the Dede jet sweep yesterday.

Bruce Arrians would he claimed BB was a Franchise QB when we drafted him. He helped mold Peyton.

As long as we can keep our 2 offensive pass plays (1-crossing route and 2-dump off to RB) I'm ok with it.  We've worked so hard this season running those plays time and time again, that I don't want to just throw them away.  lol
(11-26-2018, 01:04 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]

Bruce Arrians would he claimed BB was a Franchise QB when we drafted him. He helped mold Peyton.

Arians recently stated that the only HC position he is interested in is Cleveland. He clearly has aspiration to be a HC again. I can't think of anything more opposite of that than being an OC for a Blake Bortles led offense.

The reality of the situation is, your OC pool is substantially shrunk with Bortles at the helm.

(11-26-2018, 01:04 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought of Keenan also, but his WRs are underperforming bigly.  Still can't fathom why Keelan Cole is on the field.  He did throw a great block on the Dede jet sweep yesterday.

I haven't been very critical of our WR's this year outside of Moncrief due to the fact that it is hard to gauge how good they exactly when you are so limited at QB.
I think some missed the point of this thread; yes we should move on from Bortles I agree, but the likelihood that the team will is low. So hopefully we can at least get a guru in to squeeze something, anything out of this offense
we need someone to let blake use his legs. statistically he’s one of the best running qbs ever.

make teams game plan to stop his running

then we throw in some screens and motions and LF
Hackett's playbook was really damaged when Grant went down. The screen game was one of the few successful things this offense was able to consistently do.
Arians isn't come here for Blake lol
(11-26-2018, 12:27 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]I’m of the mindset that while we may draft or bring in a veteran QB next year (I hope at least, but it is a forlorn hope), this staff may triple down (the likely option) and put their chips all in for Bortles; this is likely because of the high amount invested in him for 2019. 

That said, who would you like to see in here as offensive coordinator? I wouldn’t mind Musgrave, as he had Carr on cloud nine; look what happens when he leaves. Now Denver’s offense looks balanced even with Keenum under center. 

Someone like him, a Norv Turner type; a guy who is a wizard on offensive schemes, not necessarily head coach material but a great coordinator with a solid rep for squeezing blood out of a stone. This may at least mitigate the disaster of Bortles starting 2019

An outsiders opinion here....Blake Bortles just isn’t very good as a starting QB.  They don’t game plan around him because they want to, he’s just so ineffective they fee it’s the best chance to win.  It was a very bad move resigning him last year, and the cap situation now is going to make it hard to find an upgrade.  I would agree that Jacksonville is a tough sell with Bortles for an OC
It has to be someone already with the team as interim, and keep the same playbook.....that’s why i said McCardell.
Greg Olson
Pages: 1 2 3