Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Say what Johnny O?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

David from Oviedo, FL:
O-man, as healthy as it feels the Jags have been, it surprised me to see that seven Jags are currently on injured reserve: Luke Joeckel, Jeff Linkenbach, Luke BowankoJosh WellsJames SampleMichael Bennett and Jonathan Woodard. Do you think there’s anybody on this list that the Jags are high on, that could make a significant impact next year?

John: It wouldn’t be surprising if six of those players – Joeckel, Bowanko, Sample, Bennett, Wells and Woodard – are on the team next year, and it wouldn’t be surprising if at least Woodard and Joeckel are starting.

Joeckel and especially Woodard starting next year would certainly count as surprising to me...
Same. 

Joeckel has no chance of being on the team next year. If we wanted him to stick around Dave Caldwell would have exercised the fifth year option.

Quote:Joeckel has no chance of being on the team next year. If we wanted him to stick around Dave Caldwell would have exercised the fifth year option.

Not necessarily. We could potentially re-sign him for cheaper than his option would have been.

Or there's the potential that he exceeded expectations at the guard position and they want to keep him.

There's much worse depth to be had
Quote:Not necessarily. We could potentially re-sign him for cheaper than his option would have been.

Or there's the potential that he exceeded expectations at the guard position and they want to keep him.

There's much worse depth to be had

There is no reason to do that with a player recovering from two torn knee ligaments who spent the equivalent of three seasons proving he is not good enough.
Curious to say the least.

Joeckel is decent in my opinion. So is Cyprien. But that's just me.

I would need to see more of Woodard.
Maybe they see Woodard as a cheaper Odrick?  I don't even remember, were they looking at him for the "big end" position before the achilles injury? 

The Joeckel starting thing, I just don't get. I'd rather see them draft a guy to play LG. 

I thought Bowanko was on PUP...

Too bad if they had to IR him for the year.
Quote:I thought Bowanko was on PUP...

Too bad if they had to IR him for the year.

They are still allowed to return one player from IR around mid-season.  I'd imagine Bowanko tops their list of guys they'd want back followed by Bennett and Sample. 
Quote:Maybe they see Woodard as a cheaper Odrick? I don't even remember, were they looking at him for the "big end" position before the achilles injury?

The Joeckel starting thing, I just don't get. I'd rather see them draft a guy to play LG.

Woodard was to play the big end position prior to the achilles. He most likely would've bumped Alualu off the roster had he not been injured. I'm speculating but I think Odrick's contract guarantees run thru this year. If he's cut it should be an easy roster move.

In regards to Joeckel, I could see the team bringing him back. Considering his injury he will most likely be a cheap re-signing. Also I can't discount his play at LG this year. Being completely honest he played some good football there in his limited time. At a minimum he would provide good, cheap depth.

I still think offensive guard and O-Line depth in general will be a high priority come next year's draft.
Quote:Maybe they see Woodard as a cheaper Odrick?  I don't even remember, were they looking at him for the "big end" position before the Achilles injury? 

If you mean replacement for Jared Odrick, I disagree. Jonathan Woodard probably was drafted to be Odrick's backup.

We probably will draft a guy to play LG next year.
Quote:If you mean replacement for Jared Odrick, I disagree. Jonathan Woodard probably was drafted to be Odrick's backup.

We probably will draft a guy to play LG next year.
You disagree with a question??

Is that even possible?  
Quote:Joeckel has no chance of being on the team next year. If we wanted him to stick around Dave Caldwell would have exercised the fifth year option.

I'm glad you're so certain and I look forward to Joke's All Pro season at Guard next year.
The joke can literally be replaced by anyone who has ever played offensive line at any position in college. There has never been a worse player at LT in the history of the league. He only started because of draft position and this team is better at G and LT now that he is on IR. His career is over.
JDub.... continuing to be wrong at every step of the way.
So Woodard is going to be a starter yet he hasnt even player in a preseason game for us.....just going to jump odrick and alualu hahahaha odrick has been pretty good when healthy and so has Tysons in his role
Also, I don't think Bennett has a role with roy,malik,marks,abry,day,and anyone we sign or draft. Didn't have one this year and wouldn't see why he'd have one next year
This guy is so irrelevant. Terrible articles and content, just a free loader that still has love for the Colts. Should've been fired when Mularkey got canned, but he wasn't. He is a huge reason why we lose so much.

Fire Rick Ballou while we're at it. Patriots lover trying to talk Jaguars football just doesn't sit well with me. Frangie is a mumble mouth geezer now, so I guess fire him too. T-wig is a Redskins fan, and just sounds like a dude off the streets trying to talk football. Hacker has a very annoying voice, but he's a true Jags fan and should steal the show. Brent should get promoted, and Amanda should be given a $20mil contract to stay in Jax. When Gus gets fired, give him a spot on the show so his feelings aren't too hurt. John Oehser and JP Shadrick are the spokesmen for the Jags... What a joke. Khan has no idea what he's doing.

Edit: Pete Prisco needs to come back and should be given a daily show with Tony Boselli, but Brent should replace JP Shadrick. That buffoon shouldn't sniff another radio job with that voice. Drink some damn water and clear your throat for crying out loud. I don't want to hear you gargle whatever the hell that is in your throat for 45 minutes, and on top of that, he makes the dumbest jokes I've ever heard. He also laughs whenever we lose, so it's almost as if he enjoys watching more drama get poured on the fire. Finally, get MJD, Jimmy Smith, and Fred Taylor a show - that would give them more listeners.

Pages: 1 2