Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Leonard Fournette loses appeal, won't play vs. Colts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leonard Fournette loses appeal, won't play vs. Colts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...y-vs-colts

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette lost his appeal for his one-game suspension Wednesday and will miss this weekend's game against the Indianapolis Colts.
I wonder what the appeal process was like.

Arbitrator - "So you ran across the field to the opposing teams sideline to punch another player in the helmet, in a play you were not even part of. How can you explain this action?"

Lenny - "Jupiter"

Arbitrator - "Welp, that'll about do it. Suspension upheld."

Lenny - (injures himself walking out the building)
I thought he said he takes full responsibility for this. Typically, that means you take the punishment. Or did he just not want to miss a game check.
What a fine example of Jacksonville Jaguar with a C on his uniform.
Judge:  After listening to your appeal, I think your actions are even dumber than I originally thought.  Suspension upheld and increased to 2 games.
Didn’t AJ Green only get a fine after choking, punching, and throwing Ramsey to the ground?
(11-28-2018, 11:19 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t AJ Green only get a fine after choking, punching, and throwing Ramsey to the ground?

Yes, and at least AJ was actually directly involved in the play itself and not dumb enough to come off the bench, run across the field, and increase the level of conflict.
(11-28-2018, 11:19 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t AJ Green only get a fine after choking, punching, and throwing Ramsey to the ground?

Yeah. Generally when you're ejected they tend to consider that almost like "time served"
It was expected. I don't know why he even bothered appealing. After the crap he pulled, did he actually think it would be overturned?
#becauseJaguars
(11-28-2018, 11:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, and at least AJ was actually directly involved in the play itself and not dumb enough to come off the bench, run across the field, and increase the level of conflict.

I’m not dismissing how stupid Fournette behaved. AJ didn’t just swing in Ramsey. He took the fight to another level trying to choke and throw Ramsey. Both should be suspended, but I can’t see how AJ doesn’t get suspended and Fournette does.
They should be subject to normal treatment, like the rest of us.

Three cops with batons should beat him unconscious. Problem solved.
It was a long shot....but expected to be upheld.
Team Captains should use their head more.

The difference is Fournette came off the bench and across the field to mix it up.  Had he have thrown a punch on the field in the heat of the moment, he’d likely get away with a fine.
Dude was not thinking straight. CTE?