Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Kessler's Audition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I keep hearing and reading about what QB the jags are going to draft when it comes to this team.  Kessler seems to be forgotten and most don't give the guy a fair shot at being the answer.  The Jags saw something
in him because they traded a draft pick for him.

Kessler has shown a quick accuracte release from what little we have seen of him.  It is an interesting scenario if Kessler does  prove to be an answer at QB and where the Jaguars go to improve the team.
If Kessler is auditioning for anything, it's to be a placeholder for the 2019 draft pick until the youngster is ready to take over. He's got 5 games to show something.
We'll see. He's 0 - 8 as a starter. But he didn't seem to really cost Cleveland any games while he was there. But this front office hasn't really shown anything when it comes to the QB position. Bortles is benched, it's over. Brandon Allen? Gone. Tanner Lee? Gone. Chad Henne? Gone. Now we have Kessler.

Hard to trust Caldwell with the QB position. Even if Kessler turns this offense around and gets us to break even at 8 - 8 with decent performances. They STILL need to get their hands on a top QB prospect next year. Learn your lesson from putting all of your eggs in one basket. One decent year out of five years shouldn't merit that much job security.

This front office got way too comfortable with Bortles. Just like they did with Bradley. And it's cost us tremendously.
My sense is that Kessler is just filling a roster spot for the duration of the season barring injury. I don't think he's part of the discussion for a long-term solution at QB. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a completely different group of QBs on the field for the 2019 season. At best, I think Kessler is vying for an opportunity to be the long-term solution at backup QB, but that's as high as his bar is going to be.
(11-29-2018, 07:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]We'll see. He's 0 - 8 as a starter. But he didn't seem to really cost Cleveland any games while he was there. But this front office hasn't really shown anything when it comes to the QB position. Bortles is benched, it's over. Brandon Allen? Gone. Tanner Lee? Gone. Chad Henne? Gone. Now we have Kessler.

Hard to trust Caldwell with the QB position. Even if Kessler turns this offense around and gets us to break even at 8 - 8 with decent performances. They STILL need to get their hands on a top QB prospect next year. Learn your lesson from putting all of your eggs in one basket. One decent year out of five years shouldn't merit that much job security.

This front office got way too comfortable with Bortles. Just like they did with Bradley. And it's cost us tremendously.

Tanner Lee is still a Jaguar.
(11-29-2018, 07:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2018, 07:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]We'll see. He's 0 - 8 as a starter. But he didn't seem to really cost Cleveland any games while he was there. But this front office hasn't really shown anything when it comes to the QB position. Bortles is benched, it's over. Brandon Allen? Gone. Tanner Lee? Gone. Chad Henne? Gone. Now we have Kessler.

Tanner Lee is still a Jaguar.

Yeah I was rushing through my post. Stuck at work still. But he didn't show much either when he played during the preseason. Just lost all confidence at this position for this team. And it trickles down throughout the rest of the roster. 

We'll see. We're almost done finally. About a month of this [BLEEP] and we can skate into the off season already.
Kessler gonna show out. Gonna have a Jimmy G like win streak when he went to SF. The whole team will play harder imo. Blake took the wind out of them
What’s wrong with you guys? Blake will be back and be the starter next year. Duh.
(11-29-2018, 08:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]What’s wrong with you guys? Blake will be back and be the starter next year. Duh.

He will probably be back by the end of the first quarter Sunday.
(11-29-2018, 07:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2018, 07:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Tanner Lee is still a Jaguar.

Yeah I was rushing through my post. Stuck at work still. But he didn't show much either when he played during the preseason.
Just lost all confidence at this position for this team. And it trickles down throughout the rest of the roster. 

We'll see. We're almost done finally. About a month of this [BLEEP] and we can skate into the off season already.

I don't think you're wrong not to have confidence and Lee is a major project, but he did actually look good in week 4 of the preseason if you watched it.  The stat line doesn't tell the story. He had a number of drops and throw aways that skewed the comp %.  It was against TB scrubs, sure, but he showed enough to earn his PS spot and keep it despite 15 players hitting IR and lots of depth being churned in and out throughout the season. I think he's an intriguing project due to his arm strength and he seems coachable. I hope he gets some more development.
(11-29-2018, 07:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I keep hearing and reading about what QB the jags are going to draft when it comes to this team.  Kessler seems to be forgotten and most don't give the guy a fair shot at being the answer.  The Jags saw something
in him because they traded a draft pick for him.

Kessler has shown a quick accuracte release from what little we have seen of him.  It is an interesting scenario if Kessler does  prove to be an answer at QB and where the Jaguars go to improve the team.

He's talented but a little undersized. One of those guys who are almost good enough to be a starter and can win games for you in some situations but more suited to be a backup. I suspect he'll look pretty good this weekend and then will start to tail off over the rest of the season as defensive coordinators get a handle on what he can do well and shut that down.
Wouldn't it be so wonderful if Kessler pulls a Tom Brady/Kurt Warner back-up to superstar? Don't we deserve that?
(11-30-2018, 10:15 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't it be so wonderful if Kessler pulls a Tom Brady/Kurt Warner back-up to superstar? Don't we deserve that?

Yes. Yes we do.
(11-29-2018, 08:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Kessler gonna show out.  Gonna have a Jimmy G like win streak when he went to SF.  The whole team will play harder imo.  Blake took the wind out of them

The OLine is depleted.  Our #1 WR is on the Bears and our #2 is on IR.  Our top RB is out this game and out #2 is on IR.  Our #1 TE is on IR and the rest simply suck.

Good Luck Kessler.

.... as someone previously noted, Bortles is not as bad as he's made out to be but he's also definitely not the answer 

I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade a 3rd or 4th rounder for Eli and draft a QB in Round 1.  If Eli's not available, maybe Teddy Bridgewater + a 1st round QB
(11-30-2018, 11:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2018, 08:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Kessler gonna show out.  Gonna have a Jimmy G like win streak when he went to SF.  The whole team will play harder imo.  Blake took the wind out of them

The OLine is depleted.  Our #1 WR is on the Bears and our #2 is on IR.  Our top RB is out this game and out #2 is on IR.  Our #1 TE is on IR and the rest simply suck.

Good Luck Kessler.

Since when is Grant the #2 back? Especially with Hyde and Yeldon...
(11-30-2018, 11:05 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2018, 11:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]The OLine is depleted.  Our #1 WR is on the Bears and our #2 is on IR.  Our top RB is out this game and out #2 is on IR.  Our #1 TE is on IR and the rest simply suck.

Good Luck Kessler.

Since when is Grant the #2 back? Especially with Hyde and Yeldon...

The plan this season based on lesson's learned was to go with Fournette and Grant.  Yeldon almost got cut from this team.  The Jags traded for Hyde but practically ignored the dude upon his arrival.

In all fairness I do agree the way this season panned out, Yeldon did become the #2 but it's only because our OC had no idea what he was doing so Yeldon became a major safety net for shakey Bortles.
(11-30-2018, 11:13 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2018, 11:05 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Since when is Grant the #2 back? Especially with Hyde and Yeldon...

The plan this season based on lesson's learned was to go with Fournette and Grant.  Yeldon almost got cut from this team.  The Jags traded for Hyde but practically ignored the dude upon his arrival.

In all fairness I do agree the way this season panned out, Yeldon did become the #2 but it's only because our OC had no idea what he was doing so Yeldon became a major safety net for shakey Bortles.

Yeldon possibly being cut was strictly fan fiction. 

He was never beyond #3 on the depth chart and a run first team will not carry fewer backs. 

I’d wager big bucks the Jags FO never had yeldon near their cut line.
Yeah Yeldon was never being cut or moved at any point.
Looks like his prior audition went very well.   Here's his finacee

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=i...3962741177

[Image: 1212-valeriya-kuklishyna-hot-photos-3.jpg]
(11-29-2018, 08:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]What’s wrong with you guys? Blake will be back and be the starter next year. Duh.

Stop...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5