Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Malik Jackson - Disappointing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think he is the biggest surprise this year. Either he’s hurt or just coasting. 

Last year he had 7 or 8 sacks but this year he only has 1. To go along with that, he only has 9 QB hits.

Looks like he’s on his way out the door. It’s  hard to believe how much he’s fell off.
he’s hardly playing anymore
Yeah it’s hard to believe they rolled the red carpet out for him and now he’s good as gone.
I don't know that he's "as good as gone" and I have no idea why he's been less effective in a number of games this year.

But - he's certainly in much more danger of being a cap casualty than he was three months ago.
He was a backup starting against Pittsburgh. Backups ain’t worth 90 mil.
it’s obvious he’s gone. his snaps are way diminished to the point he’s hardly playing

he’s a liability vs the run
Aside from Calais Campbell and the whole defense today, what player has played up to their potential this season? in fact Calais Campbell hasnt had the year he had last year either.
Jackson dropped down to about 270 lbs this season. He lost the ability to hold up inside against the run and is noticeably weaker so he's not getting the penetration he used to. Abry Jones has taken over as the other starter at DT and since then the Jags have been much more stout agains the run.
(12-02-2018, 10:57 PM)unavyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]Jackson dropped down to about 270 lbs this season.  He lost the ability to hold up inside against the run and is noticeably weaker so he's not getting the penetration he used to.  Abry Jones has taken over as the other starter at DT and since then the Jags have been much more stout agains the run.

i said this once before too. you can tell he’s way lighter. and now he’s just getting beat up out there 

as soon as we replaced him we got better 

still miss fowler though
(12-02-2018, 09:03 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]it’s obvious he’s gone. his snaps are way diminished to the point he’s hardly playing

he’s a liability vs the run

This is the real issue. He is no longer producing enough pressure over Dareus to mitigate his complete lack of ability to defend the run. I much prefer Dareus in there, we are a better team with him.
He's good person though with helping the community.
(12-02-2018, 09:17 PM)krauley Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from Calais Campbell and the whole defense today, what player has played up to their potential this season? in fact Calais Campbell hasnt had the year he had last year either.
I think the only players on defense who truely fell off are Jackson and Church, to the point we need to replace them. Harrison finally started thankfully and balled out today. Ramsey and Bouye have lived up to their potential in my eyes, Not the year the had last year but still regarded as top cbs, with the situation their in having an abysmal offense. Telvin has been disappointing although hes had some great games.... but again our offense is horrible and our defense are always on the field and are put in bad situations.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(12-03-2018, 01:57 AM)Jords808 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2018, 09:17 PM)krauley Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from Calais Campbell and the whole defense today, what player has played up to their potential this season? in fact Calais Campbell hasnt had the year he had last year either.
I think the only players on defense who truely fell off are Jackson and Church, to the point we need to replace them. Harrison finally started thankfully and balled out today. Ramsey and Bouye have lived up to their potential in my eyes, Not the year the had last year but still regarded as top cbs, with the situation their in having an abysmal offense. Telvin has been disappointing although hes had some great games.... but again our offense is horrible and our defense are always on the field and are put in bad situations.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Campbell has played pretty much up to his career numbers this year compared to his out of this world numbers last year. He only averaged 6 sacks a year on Arizona and he has 7 this year so far.  Given that he lost one against Pitt due to that stupid RTP 'penalty'....he could finish with 10 again this year.  I honestly thought when he wrapped Luck up and patted his helmet they were gonna flag him for 'hitting the QB in the head"
Seems like everyone forgot about Who Malik really is once we started winning. He's just a cash grabber, with no heart. Remember when he first got here? Had no problem telling the league that it was "all for the money". Normally I wouldnt have an issue with that, but once we started winning, dude acted like he was a team guy all along. Talking smack to rivals, the whole 9 yards. And now, today, we are a losing team. And you won't find anything Jaguar related in his bio on Instagram, you don't hear the smack talk, and you see virtually no effort on the field. Dude is a selfish overpaid bum and I can't wait until he's gone. Good riddance
(12-04-2018, 07:31 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like everyone forgot about Who Malik really is once we started winning. He's just a cash grabber, with no heart. Remember when he first got here? Had no problem telling the league that it was "all for the money". Normally I wouldnt have an issue with that, but once we started winning,  dude acted like he was a team guy all along. Talking smack to rivals, the whole 9 yards. And now, today, we are a losing team. And you won't find anything Jaguar related in his bio on Instagram, you don't hear the smack talk, and you see virtually no effort on the field. Dude is a selfish overpaid bum and I can't wait until he's gone. Good riddance

But how do you really feel about him.
(12-04-2018, 07:31 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like everyone forgot about Who Malik really is once we started winning. He's just a cash grabber, with no heart. Remember when he first got here? Had no problem telling the league that it was "all for the money". Normally I wouldnt have an issue with that, but once we started winning,  dude acted like he was a team guy all along. Talking smack to rivals, the whole 9 yards. And now, today, we are a losing team. And you won't find anything Jaguar related in his bio on Instagram, you don't hear the smack talk, and you see virtually no effort on the field. Dude is a selfish overpaid bum and I can't wait until he's gone. Good riddance

LOL
instagram
Get rid of Bouye, Jackson, Campbell, and Church. Keep Dareus.
(12-04-2018, 10:16 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]Get rid of Bouye, Jackson, Campbell, and Church. Keep Dareus.

I’ll trade out Parnell for Bouye and probably keep Campbell for at least another year.
bouye gets beat a lot. and tbh he’s always holding. i’m surprised he doesn’t get called more

i really REALLY liked meeks from stanford when he played. dude look fast and had good ball skills. can’t waitfor him to get over that knee injury and see some snaps the next couple games

i thought he tore his acl

also really like hayden at nickle. he looks good. and harrison at ss

if we can someone land thompson from alabama wow. but i fully expect us to go OL
Cutting Bouye would save them some big money - but if he keeps playing like he did v the colts last week, you can forget that notion. He played really well.

Church is a certain cut. Parnell is likely. What they do on the D-Line is still a mystery, but Jackson's play this year has him at least a consideration for becoming a cap casualty.
Pages: 1 2 3