Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What Marrone is really saying...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NOTABLE IV

Marrone also addressed an unnecessary roughness penalty on rookie defensive lineman Taven Bryan Sunday. The penalty came in the second quarter on the same drive as Harrison’s taunting penalty. Bryan hit the long snapper on a field-goal attempt, giving the Colts a first down. The Colts opted to turn down a successful field goal by Adam Vinatieri and the Jaguars stopped the drive four plays later when end Yannick Ngakoue stopped running back Jordan Wilkins for a one-yard gain on a shovel pass on 4th-and-goal from the 2. “We talked all week long: ‘You can’t hit the center,’’’ Marrone said of Bryan’s penalty. “Both (Bryan and Harrison are) young players. Again, it’s my responsibility.  That’s a reflection on the head coach. I’ve got to do a better job with them.” Added Marrone of Bryan’s penalty, “I don’t know how much [more] we could have said it during the week. I really don’t. [Special Teams Coordinator] Joe DeCamillis must have said it in every meeting I was in, with the rush, not to come across and not to hit the center.”

Bryan is a moron!   That's what I got from this!  Great 1st round talent!

I won't make any comments about him being a Gator!    Banana
(12-03-2018, 10:22 AM)NM Jag Fan Wrote: [ -> ]NOTABLE IV

Marrone also addressed an unnecessary roughness penalty on rookie defensive lineman Taven Bryan Sunday. The penalty came in the second quarter on the same drive as Harrison’s taunting penalty. Bryan hit the long snapper on a field-goal attempt, giving the Colts a first down. The Colts opted to turn down a successful field goal by Adam Vinatieri and the Jaguars stopped the drive four plays later when end Yannick Ngakoue stopped running back Jordan Wilkins for a one-yard gain on a shovel pass on 4th-and-goal from the 2. “We talked all week long: ‘You can’t hit the center,’’’ Marrone said of Bryan’s penalty. “Both (Bryan and Harrison are) young players. Again, it’s my responsibility.  That’s a reflection on the head coach. I’ve got to do a better job with them.” Added Marrone of Bryan’s penalty, “I don’t know how much [more] we could have said it during the week. I really don’t. [Special Teams Coordinator] Joe DeCamillis must have said it in every meeting I was in, with the rush, not to come across and not to hit the center.”

Bryan is a moron!   That's what I got from this!  Great 1st round talent!

I won't make any comments about him being a Gator!    Banana

Agree
bro he was trying to make a play to win the game. leave him alone. he’s playing good football right now
taven bryan is just a guy.. legit could have put in an undrafted free agent and we wouldnt notice a difference
(12-03-2018, 11:12 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]taven bryan is just a guy.. legit could have put in an undrafted free agent and we wouldnt notice a difference

Well...you wouldn't anyway.
(12-03-2018, 10:52 AM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]bro he was trying to make a play to win the game. leave him alone. he’s playing good football right now

Yeah man.  He's a big, strong quick freak athlete for a white guy. He's gonna be a force to be reckon with in his contract year.
(12-03-2018, 11:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2018, 11:12 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]taven bryan is just a guy.. legit could have put in an undrafted free agent and we wouldnt notice a difference

Well...you wouldn't anyway.

a guy who thinks bortles is a good QB is talking down to me.. LOL

you and the handful of other idiots are the only ones on the planet who think this way.. but you handful know more than everyone else in the NFL
(12-03-2018, 12:11 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2018, 11:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Well...you wouldn't anyway.

you and the handful of other idiots are the only ones on the planet who think this way.. but you handful know more than everyone else in the NFL

Lol, no. Bortles is the best QB on this team, saddled with a destroyed roster this season, that's all I've maintained from the start. He won games last year, he lost games last year, but last year was a success. This year the fates have been different and he isn't good enough to overcome it. You, on the other hand, along with a few idiots on this board, soil yourselves at every opportunity no matter how great or small, for the sole purpose of garnering attention.
(12-03-2018, 12:11 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2018, 11:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Well...you wouldn't anyway.

Of course he's talking down to you. He'd be risking serious back injury if he had to bend down far enough to talk to you face to face.
Bryan was mostly a non-factor in limited snaps. The penalty was stupid, and Marrone said as much.

He's a rookie. The book isn't written on him yet.

Rewatching all I saw from him yesterday was:
- He was held once and it was flagged negating a big pass play from Luck
- He had one nice bull rush to make Luck move laterally in the pocket
- He shed a block just a split second too late to get a pressure up the middle - was held in the process
(12-03-2018, 11:22 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2018, 10:52 AM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]bro he was trying to make a play to win the game. leave him alone. he’s playing good football right now

Yeah man.  He's a big, strong quick freak athlete for a white guy. He's gonna be a force to be reckon with in his contract year.

Outstanding pick by Coughlin. I'm leaning towards putting this guy in the pride right now.
Bryan might turn out to be a worse selection than Alualu.
You guys are the best fans ever. I don't know how other teams function without the 24/7 criticism leveled against every person in the building like this one seems to attract.

What a load of nonsense. The color of his skin has nothing to do with nothing. He's either enough of a big strong quick freak athlete to justify starting on the d-line or he's not.
Bryan gets a pass this year. Most D-line need a year or two to build up their strength. Stroud and Henderson didn't really hit their stride until years 2 and 3.
Best play of the season for Bryan happened in the game also. He drew a holding penalty that negated a 40 yard completion.
(12-03-2018, 10:09 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]Bryan gets a pass this year.  Most D-line need a year or two to build up their strength.  Stroud and Henderson didn't really hit their stride until years 2 and 3.

Agreed. Problem is... Bryan still hasn't learned football. So what's the time length on him until he is considered a disappointment? Athletic freak? YES! Football player? NO! Coughlins drafts have been pretty bad the past two seasons.

That's racist.
As stupid as that play was, it probably saved the game. Indy would’ve scored, and they would’ve been able to tie it up at the end—sending it into overtime.
(12-03-2018, 11:48 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2018, 10:09 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]Bryan gets a pass this year.  Most D-line need a year or two to build up their strength.  Stroud and Henderson didn't really hit their stride until years 2 and 3.

Agreed. Problem is... Bryan still hasn't learned football. So what's the time length on him until he is considered a disappointment? Athletic freak? YES! Football player? NO! Coughlins drafts have been pretty bad the past two seasons.
It's quite obvious that he is too stupid to play the DE/DT that the Jags want him to play. He basically is a guy that was successful because he was bigger, stronger, and faster than everyone else. The fact that he has no moves shows that. If he needs to learn how to play, it's too late. That penalty shows he doesn't know the rules, even though they have practiced it and gotten called previously for it.

Hopefully he puts it all together, but he won't be a leader on the team with his intelligence.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2