Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gruden stumps Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just heard on 1010xl that last night during the "Meet me at the 50" event where Gruden was the featured guest, he did his Gruden rookie QB camp schtick with Bortles and Bortles looked flat out confused with alot of the concepts Gruden was drawing up on the whiteboard. Should this be a cause for concern for a 3rd year QB or non issue?
Welp

Who cares?

He did this before the draft and he did great.  Gruden had many good things to say about him.

Bortles be like .....  GIFS ONLY PLEASE 

[Image: 200.gif#9]

As long as he can pick up our new OCs offense next year, I could care less about Jon Grudens whack tests.
Quote:Who cares?

He did this before the draft and he did great. Gruden had many good things to say about him.
Quote:Just heard on 1010xl that last night during the "Meet me at the 50" event where Gruden was the featured guest, he did his Gruden rookie QB camp schtick with Bortles and Bortles looked flat out confused with alot of the concepts Gruden was drawing up on the whiteboard. Should this be a cause for concern for a 3rd year QB or non issue?

No.
Quote:Just heard on 1010xl that last night during the "Meet me at the 50" event where Gruden was the featured guest, he did his Gruden rookie QB camp schtick with Bortles and Bortles looked flat out confused with alot of the concepts Gruden was drawing up on the whiteboard. Should this be a cause for concern for a 3rd year QB or non issue?
I'd say it is a cause for concern. So far in his career one of the biggest complaints is he's looked often like he's not reading the defense. He's either deciding before he even snaps the ball where he was throwing and throwing it regardless of coverage or he's staring guys down instead of realizing where the open guy will be in the coverage being played.

This year maybe he's trying to do better and that's why it often looks like he's lost trying to read the coverage. It might be the first season he's even really doing it.
LOL .... Gruden Loved Johnny Manziel

I also heard on the radio Gruden say that Gus was the best coach in the league and "the moon will move" for this franchise and we will go on a win streak.

Can't make this stuff up.

Quote:I also heard on the radio Gruden say that Gus was the best coach in the league and "the moon will move" for this franchise and we will go on a win streak.

Ya no one should take stock in anything Gruden says, watching him on MNF he refuses to say anything negative about anyone ever.
Quote:I also heard on the radio Gruden say that Gus was the best coach in the league and "the moon will move" for this franchise and we will go on a win streak.

He was just trying to butter Bradley up so that he would coach his kid's little league team.
I don't even think Gruden knows what he's saying half of the time.
I'd be more concerned about our coaches.  Bortles isn't dumb.  

Quote:Ya no one should take stock in anything Gruden says, watching him on MNF he refuses to say anything negative about anyone ever.

Except Gabbert.  He railed on poor Gabby.
Quote:I'd be more concerned about our coaches. Bortles isn't dumb.

He is as technically sound as there is, QB/O verbiage wise. Was really impressed with his long post bye presser on Wednesday.
I told you this guy was a knucklehead

Quote:I told you this guy was a knucklehead

Gruden or Bortles? :thumbsup:
[Image: e806f0d8d7edc0729dcf1fe59ea4ad013048e808...2c9ee1.jpg]

Quote:Who cares?

He did this before the draft and he did great.  Gruden had many good things to say about him.
This.
Pages: 1 2 3 4