Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Myles Jack is not a good Mike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Next year, they should consider moving him outside somewhere.Is he a good, athletic football player?Yes.Mike?No
He's been very up and down throughout the season. He's played well much more than he's played poorly, though.

Like many things - there's a trade-off to be made.
Telvin and Jack are LBs that are equipped to be able to cover in the pass game more than traditional LBs tend to be. (except when telvin gets caught out of position)
The downside is that they lack the run stuffing ability of traditional gap-filling 4-3 LBs.
Finding a MLB that can do both is a unicorn hunt.
Gotta choose which you value more in a league that's emphasizing the pass.

I'm sure the thought of moving Jack to the weak side (where his skill set may be better suited) and trading away Telvin is not a totally foreign thought around the Jags F.O.

Of course then they have to find a stud MLB that can fit whatever scheme adjustment they may or may not make.

Lots of decisions to be made this offseason.
myles is awful. he’s a chubby kid out there who can’t run

needs to be covering tight ends not WR

but that’s a scheme thing

wash needs to go. our players need to play to strengths
The whole defense is up and down. I think this has more to do with the coaches not knowing how to use the players we have or not making adjustments to put them in a place to succeed.
it took us like ten weeks to have ramsey travel. wash is a joke
Don't forget, Jack has only been the MLB for one season. He might get better with experience. It's a complicated position.
(12-07-2018, 12:22 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget, Jack has only been the MLB for one season.   He might get better with experience.   It's a complicated position.

he’s not big enough to be mike backer. and i don’t think he’s smart enough either. it takes a certain skill set. myles needs to be free and a play maker. 

he’s not a thumper. he’s a nickle LB
(12-07-2018, 12:10 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]myles is awful. he’s a chubby kid out there who can’t run

I don't know why you say he can't run.  He's probably one of the fastest MLBs in the league.  

What I wonder about is the run defense.  Poz had such great instincts, and was such a great run defender, we got kind of spoiled.   

If the coaches decide to use MJ at WLB next season and get a MLB, that wouldn't bother me.   Telvin is really light for a linebacker and that hurts our run defense.
(12-07-2018, 12:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 12:10 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]myles is awful. he’s a chubby kid out there who can’t run

I don't know why you say he can't run.  He's probably one of the fastest MLBs in the league.  

What I wonder about is the run defense.  Poz had such great instincts, and was such a great run defender, we got kind of spoiled.   

If the coaches decide to use MJ at WLB next season and get a MLB, that wouldn't bother me.   Telvin is really light for a linebacker and that hurts our run defense.
i thought he was fast too. it could be bc we always have him covering WR in the slot and obviously a WR will be faster 

i just don’t get the scheme anymore
(12-07-2018, 12:24 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 12:22 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget, Jack has only been the MLB for one season.   He might get better with experience.   It's a complicated position.

he’s not big enough to be mike backer. and i don’t think he’s smart enough either. it takes a certain skill set. myles needs to be free and a play maker. 

I think you're spot on.Last night, on the long TD up the middle,Jack ran to his left, instead of just standing there and taking Henry down
(12-07-2018, 12:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

i love telvin. favorite player. but he’s playing like poop this year

(12-07-2018, 12:32 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 12:24 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]he’s not big enough to be mike backer. and i don’t think he’s smart enough either. it takes a certain skill set. myles needs to be free and a play maker. 

I think you're spot on.Last night, on the long TD up the middle,Jack ran to his left, instead of just standing there and taking Henry down
the one play he shoulda rushes the gap. he sat there and just hesitated for too long 

but telvin did the same thing. he was the next gap and he backed out into the secondary
Too bad we have to go QB in round 1 or Devin White would be an excellent choice to put in the middle and push Jack outside where he belongs.
we’re not going qb w the first pick dude

our team has too many holes for that

after all the bortles boggling. we’re gonna sign a vet watch.

as much as i hate flacco i think it’ll be flacco
(12-07-2018, 12:41 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]we’re not going qb w the first pick dude

Correct.

But Flacco is done.  He isn't coming here.

He is horrible.
(12-07-2018, 12:41 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: [ -> ]we’re not going qb w the first pick dude

QB is the biggest hole you can have dude. If this season doesn't prove if you dont have a QB you dont have a team nothing will.

The holes it looks like we have on defense are scheme issues.
Flacco's not coming to Jacksonville. They will draft somebody and rely on Kessler until we prematurely push the rookie on to the field.
i think flacco’s coming

hate it but i see TC going vet and fixing the line and WR
Myles is very good; but I don't know if MLB is his position. Jacobs is a freakin monster! Does anyone think he could play the Mike and then put Myles back outside?
Myles is a great LB but probably not well suited to the role their asking him to play. Several times I've watched this season and thought they'd do good with a 3-4 but you can't switch up in the middle of the season. If they have a new defensive coordinator next year (or even a new coach) it will be interesting to see where they go with it.
(12-07-2018, 01:25 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Myles is a great LB but probably not well suited to the role their asking him to play. Several times I've watched this season and thought they'd do good with a 3-4 but you can't switch up in the middle of the season. If they have a new defensive coordinator next year (or even a new coach) it will be interesting to see where they go with it.

I don't get the allure for a 3-4 unless you have one of the top tier DCs. Easier to find a better DC than Wash and keep the scheme similar.

Your main defense will still be 2 nickel backers and two outside rushers regardless.
Pages: 1 2