Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The best chance to win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So future Jags HOFer Tony Boselli said that at this point, Blake gives us the best chance to win.

From what we have seen in two games, Kessler is accurate, sure, and giving maximum effort. But he has still only manufactured 13 points in two games. We all know Blake has been bad. Neither guy has much to work with.

But as the team we are right now. Who gives us the best chance to win?
coin flip

Neither are going to get anything meaningful done behind that line
The outcome this year has as much to do with injuries as anything else. It's not an excuse, it's just a fact. Also the record is probably the same regardless of which QB plays which is an indictment of Bortles because he's the guy you're paying to be your franchise QB. Personally I prefer a QB who can read a defense and hit a small windows over a great athlete but you can pick your poison. Until the team can get the OL situation sorted out, it's not going anywhere.
(12-07-2018, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]coin flip

Agreed.

One is more mobile,  don't know why we didn't use that to our advantage more this season.

The other is less mobile and requires better pass protection,  but is more of a natural passer.

Doesn't really matter, season is lost.

I would assume both will be evaluated next season under a new OC ,maybe Head Coach.
(12-07-2018, 01:35 PM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]coin flip

Agreed.

One is more mobile,  don't know why we didn't use that to our advantage more this season.

The other is less mobile and requires better pass protection,  but is more of a natural passer.

Doesn't really matter, season is lost.

I would assume both will be evaluated next season under a new OC ,maybe Head Coach.

I agree.

We don't use the little we have at all.

How many carries did Hyde get?

Now that I think about it, I think im on fire the staff train.
(12-07-2018, 02:13 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]Now that I think about it, I think im on fire the staff train.

If I went with how I feel today, I'd be with you.
(12-07-2018, 02:17 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 02:13 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]Now that I think about it, I think im on fire the staff train.

If I went with how I feel today, I'd be with you.

All year tho.

Think about it. We don't have much do to injuries, so we have to use the little that we have. Its not even about last night. Is all year.

Blake could still be starting if we did what he does well. i.e. PA on 1st down, running, Moving pocket. With that the run game opens up. We gave up a 5th to have a player ride the pine. I've been saying all year that Cole doesn't excel when going over the middle. He is your deep threat. Calling zone is situations where pressure needs to be applied and then not using any creativity on the DL by not using stunts and shifts. Marrone not vetoing Hackett when ramming Fournette into the back of our OL over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.  

Coaching everywhere has been bad. Oh yea. I forgot. There has to be better WR/KR/PR than Rashad Green out there. Kessler has a prettier ball but he cant succeed because he doesn't have a clean pocket. He needs somewhat of a clean pocket.

The coaching staff has let these players down.
Best Chance to win. Put blake back in and run a spead offense with him being the main runner hes the best running back we have.
I pick option #3. Who cares? The season is lost anyway.
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1071...50881?s=21

He’s gone. No reason to risk him getting injured behind our really offensive offensive line.
(12-07-2018, 02:45 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Best Chance to win. Put blake back in and run a spead offense with him being the main runner hes the best running back we have.
What are you going to do when Blake isn't here next year? lol
The votes tell exactly how much gap is between the two. Neither provides a constant "real" chance of winning and/or constant winning. We need a decisive franchise QB to start our refurbish (not rebuild). Once our Oline gets healthy and we replace Parnell, we need to add more quality depth in case the injury bug decides to come back... RBs, we're good. We need a true #1 WR. This will make Westbrook better. Get Lee back and we have our top 3 WRs. With Chark, Mickens, and King Drop's A lot, we'd have 6. ASJ can come back, but we need another TE.
Blake helps the offense with his legs, certainly. That's a huge boost for Blake, but I'd still pick the QB that can actually throw a football. If I were OC, I'd have Blake and Cody playing at the same time. Season is lost, might as well go completely off the trail and try something crazy. The Saints and even the Ravens saw some success running a similar idea.
(12-07-2018, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 02:45 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Best Chance to win. Put blake back in and run a spead offense with him being the main runner hes the best running back we have.

Wait till you start complaining about the next QB about how its all his fault and noone elses and tell you your wrong hes a good QB Tongue
(12-07-2018, 04:18 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]What are you going to do when Blake isn't here next year? lol

Wait till you start complaining about the next QB about how its all his fault and noone elses and tell you your wrong hes a good QB Tongue

YUP
(12-07-2018, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]What are you going to do when Blake isn't here next year? lol

As long as we don't have to give the next one 5 friggin years to figure it out!! 

Big Grin Banana
This is a trick question. Now Bortles gives us a better chance to win this year, but Kessler gives us a better chance to win an earlier draft pick.
(12-07-2018, 06:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 04:18 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait till you start complaining about the next QB about how its all his fault and noone elses and tell you your wrong hes a good QB Tongue

As long as we don't have to give the next one 5 friggin years to figure it out!! 

Big Grin Banana

That aint on me have to talk to the Tomfather bout that one.
(12-07-2018, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

Probably hang around the board of whatever team has him as their backup and whine about Blake not playing.

You haven’t been here long have you?

I defended Blake for quite some time but it’s quite obvious he’s a nobody.

There are lots of things that went wrong this year but ultimately, the QB is most important and can help change everything. Blake just tags along for the rides and doesn’t elevate a single player on his team.
Pages: 1 2