Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How overpaid is Malik?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking at his stats, he is nearly invisible. 

He's averaging 1.5 tackles a game and has one sack. 

For all that $?

Is it safe to say this is his last year in Jax?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...ckMa02.htm
I've been saying it, they're going to cut Jackson this year. The only players we want to keep is Ngakoue and Ramsey/Bouye. The rest are expendable at this point. I was hoping they'd keep Fowler too, but I guess he and Yannick couldn't play nice together.
The question is "how underweight is Malik?"

He was earning his ridiculously salary fairly well till he lightened up - started getting abused in the run game and fell off on push in the pass rush.

He's looking more and more like a cap casualty, but who knows where this team is headed in the offseason?
(12-07-2018, 06:23 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]I've been saying it, they're going to cut Jackson this year. The only players we want to keep is Ngakoue and Ramsey/Bouye. The rest are expendable at this point. I was hoping they'd keep Fowler too, but I guess he and Yannick couldn't play nice together.

Campbell still seems like a beast, no? A few of those LBs got to be worth keeping. Maybe add a speedy safety. For the life of me I don't know why they drafted that DLman from FL in the 1st round. Really?
(12-07-2018, 06:45 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 06:23 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]I've been saying it, they're going to cut Jackson this year. The only players we want to keep is Ngakoue and Ramsey/Bouye. The rest are expendable at this point. I was hoping they'd keep Fowler too, but I guess he and Yannick couldn't play nice together.

... For the life of me I don't know why they drafted that DLman from FL in the 1st round. Really?

Because they have to develop someone to play when they cut the linemen they can't afford anymore.
(12-07-2018, 06:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]The question is "how underweight is Malik?"

He was earning his ridiculously salary fairly well till he lightened up - started getting abused in the run game and fell off on push in the pass rush.

He's looking more and more like a cap casualty, but who knows where this team is headed in the offseason?

Why did he drop weight? What do you think he weighs compared to last year? I know that Coughlin always had very specific target weight for players to hit. So, if MJ was underweight, Coughlin would have it addressed, but maybe he isn't as hands on as GM as he was as coach?

Campbell still seems like a beast, no? A few of those LBs got to be worth keeping. Maybe add a speedy safety. For the life of me I don't know why they drafted that DLman from FL in the 1st round. Really?

Did you read the title of this thread?
(12-07-2018, 06:54 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 06:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]The question is "how underweight is Malik?"

Why did he drop weight? What do you think he weighs compared to last year? I know that Coughlin always had very specific target weight for players to hit. So, if MJ was underweight, Coughlin would have it addressed, but maybe he isn't as hands on as GM as he was as coach?
Man - this stuff is old news. Nothing personal - but I don't feeling like strolling down memory lane. 

He came in light - thought he'd be a better pass rusher. He was wrong.
(12-07-2018, 07:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 06:54 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: [ -> ]Why did he drop weight? What do you think he weighs compared to last year? I know that Coughlin always had very specific target weight for players to hit. So, if MJ was underweight, Coughlin would have it addressed, but maybe he isn't as hands on as GM as he was as coach?
Man - this stuff is old news. Nothing personal - but I don't feeling like strolling down memory lane. 

See, was that so hard?  Big Grin
(12-07-2018, 07:43 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 07:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Man - this stuff is old news. Nothing personal - but I don't feeling like strolling down memory lane. 

See, was that so hard?  Big Grin

This is like me asking you "what in the world happened to that one running back y'all had?? The one that did the macarena dance behind the line of scrimmage before he chose a block to follow?  He was pretty good! Did he get hurt?"

Tongue

Cus Campbell is one of the few remaining guys on the team who is still playing with pride
Eli Manning range?
About six dollars too much.

Didn't he come into last season weighing less? Maybe it was this season, either way it doesn't really matter. He was in the top 5 in pressures early on this season, but hes definitely slowed down since then/during the stretch.

The writing is on the wall for Malik, just like it is for Church.

I've noticed that Malik has been playing more DE lately when both him and Bryan are in the game. As well as the fact the Bryan has been starting to pick up his play in these past couple weeks. He's so much more natural inside and can showcase that incredible first step get off he has from the 3T. It looked like he was shot out of a cannon multiple times last night. That's something you simply cannot teach and he has it.

Age + cost + Bryan = Malik is gone this off season 100%.
He got old very fast - The problem with 6'6 + guys is that they have short careers - Especially on the defensive side of the ball. He would be a nice role player but he's too expensive now. I'm not sure the financials but he's one of the first guys I'd gut for next season.

The downside is that Bryan is not developing at all. I'm hoping for a big off-season jump but it's like watching Tyson Alualu all over again.
Agreed Malik Jackson had a great year last year, so I still have some hope, but this year not very well. Bryan hasn’t shown anything this season. I’ve notice a lot more playing time for him recently, but still making no plays. I’d be interested in a restructure this summer if Malik is down for it..
Dude the whole team looks overpaid this year. The team is decimated and apparently they don't give a crap about this season. The guys in there are just trying to get to the offseason without getting hurt seems like. Everyone's #'s are down because the team as a unit has regressed tremendously.