Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We’d Better Hope Sanchez Stays Healthy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This backup QB sounds like a Jaguar killer!

“WASHINGTON — Just two weeks after the team turned to Mark Sanchez as their backup quarterback, the Washington Redskins signed Josh Johnson Tuesday to back up Sanchez, who is now the starter, according to multiple sources.

Johnson, 32, has not thrown a pass in an NFL game since 2011, with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He is 0-5 lifetime in the NFL as a starter with five career touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He’s spent time with eight other NFL clubs and was recently selected as the top pick in the new Alliance of American Fo”

Oops! Just heard that the Redskins have benched Sanchez after his horrendous showing on Sunday. We’ll be facing Josh Johnson this week!!
Holy smokes....is there a team that he hasn't signed with?
from wikipedia -
"A journeyman quarterback, Johnson has also been a member of the San Francisco 49ers, Sacramento Mountain Lions, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Buffalo Bills, Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants, Houston Texans, Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins."
Teams still believe Mark Sanchez is an NFL QB ?

Johnson is a mobile QB. Him and Adrian Peterson are going to run for 300 yards against us.
It is hilarious that Kaep can't even get a tryout even after a jobber like butt-fumble goes down. Poor guy.
(12-10-2018, 09:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]It is hilarious that Kaep can't even get a tryout even after a jobber like butt-fumble goes down. Poor guy.

Hello he doesn't want to get an NFL job.  He has Nike paying him cash for his "stance" (pun intended).  Teams have contacted him.  He is not interested.  He takes a job then the whole protest goes up in smoke and he is exposed.

But yeah it makes me think someone may actually kick the tires on Bortles.
(12-10-2018, 09:22 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]Teams still believe Mark Sanchez is an NFL QB ?

Johnson is a mobile QB. Him and Adrian Peterson are going to run for 300 yards against us.

he is if he plays the Jags. a qb off the  streert could beat this jags coached team. doug needs to go. He already beat the jags before when he played for the jets.
It should be the game of the week neither team will score 20 pts. Lots of fumbles and ints I suspect. 16 to 13 jags over tge skins.
Get this we are 7point Favorites in this game lol. Laughing Wallbash
Prior to this past Sunday, Johnson hadn’t thrown an NFL pass since 2011 !

But, hey, he had 240 yards total, passing and running, in one half against the Giants. I’m sure it was garbage time stuff, but at least he’s a competitor.
(12-10-2018, 09:22 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]Teams still believe Mark Sanchez is an NFL QB ?

He answered his one and only interview question in a manner that GMs want to hear.  

GM: Will you kneel during the National Anthem?  
Sanchez: No
GM: You're hired.
We should be able to put a-hurtin' on the skins, even with backups. If we lose, the tank should be pretty obvious to the viewer.
(12-10-2018, 09:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]It is hilarious that Kaep can't even get a tryout even after a jobber like butt-fumble goes down. Poor guy.

Well, I mean, he's terrible, so...

It's too bad this didn't happen in October. Washington might have given us a four for Bortles.
(12-10-2018, 03:25 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, I mean, he's terrible, so...

It's too bad this didn't happen in October. Washington might have given us a four for Bortles.

With his contract? I'd settle for them taking him for a conditional 7th.
And that isn't to [BLEEP] on the man. Cuz I was one of his biggest supporters. I'm just thinking about the future and our cap situation
(12-10-2018, 09:33 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]

Hello he doesn't want to get an NFL job.  He has Nike paying him cash for his "stance" (pun intended).  Teams have contacted him.  He is not interested.  He takes a job then the whole protest goes up in smoke and he is exposed.

I actually just read that a grand total of 0 teams have contacted him this season. 

Quote:In fact, despite multiple teams' need for quarterbacks throughout the season, not one team has reached out to Kaepernick to gauge his interest or arrange a workout, according to a league source.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25490...ussions-qb
(12-10-2018, 03:41 PM)roycee Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2018, 09:33 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Hello he doesn't want to get an NFL job.  He has Nike paying him cash for his "stance" (pun intended).  Teams have contacted him.  He is not interested.  He takes a job then the whole protest goes up in smoke and he is exposed.

I actually just read that a grand total of 0 teams have contacted him this season. 

Quote:In fact, despite multiple teams' need for quarterbacks throughout the season, not one team has reached out to Kaepernick to gauge his interest or arrange a workout, according to a league source.

Washington never contacted Kap. Dan Snyder would rather participate in collusion than take a chance of hurting the sensitivities of some of his fans. He'll probably regret it when he has to contribute a huge sum as part of the settlement charged against the NFL.
(12-10-2018, 09:33 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]

That's factually incorrect
(12-10-2018, 03:55 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2018, 03:41 PM)roycee Wrote: [ -> ]I actually just read that a grand total of 0 teams have contacted him this season. 

Washington never contacted Kap. Dan Snyder would rather participate in collusion than take a chance of hurting the sensitivities of some of his fans. He'll probably regret it when he has to contribute a huge sum as part of the settlement charged against the NFL.

This is just a reminder to everyone.  Keep politics out of this thread and do not assume or imply that anyone is guilty of anything.  Keep the thread on-topic.
Fantasy football playoffs. Jags D or Bears D. Decisions this week man.
(12-10-2018, 03:32 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2018, 03:25 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I mean, he's terrible, so...

With his contract? I'd settle for them taking him for a conditional 7th.
And that isn't to [BLEEP] on the man. Cuz I was one of his biggest supporters. I'm just thinking about the future and our cap situation

Desperation can make an unattractive player worth a lot more. If Smith and McCoy had both gone down before the trade deadline, a nice offer might have been on the table for Bortles. Remember, Gabbert was worth a six.
Yeah right, no team is taking on two QBs with 16mil plus salaries.
Pages: 1 2