Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags sign PS WR (CB Delaney waived last week)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CJ Board  - 6'1" -  182  -  4.42 forty at 2017 pro day  - 6.67 3 cone -  11' 0" broad jump  vert - 38.5" (Chattanooga)

He was an UDFA by the ravens in 2017 and ended up on the browns PS. 
Browns waived him while injured back in September of this year. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
from that 2017 ravens camp ^
Championship!
Chhhhhaaammmmmpppppiiioooonnnnssshhhiipppp
Who?

Next
Ummm...Okay
25 years old and his next reception will be his 1st.
(12-10-2018, 05:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]CJ Board  - 6'1" -  182  -  4.42 forty at 2017 pro day  - 6.67 3 cone -  11' 0" broad jump  vert - 38.5" (Chattanooga)

He was an UDFA by the ravens in 2017 and ended up on the browns PS. 
Browns waived him while injured back in September of this year. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
from that 2017 ravens camp ^

Already looks better then Moncrief
Unfortunately nothing special. Ravens and Browns have already kicked the tires and let him go. Browns most recently gave him an injury settlement instead of retaining him on reserve. ....Pass.
Ships on top of ships!
Why oh why is this a thread? lol
(12-12-2018, 03:54 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]Why oh why is this a thread? lol

People have been posting minor signing threads regularly since I joined the board almost ten years ago and probably longer than that.

They are usually just an excuse for a dozen members to post the ubiquitous "championship!" response. It's a funny break from the typical doom and gloom when the team is 4-9. 

Besides that. It's a new Jaguar player announcement in a forum about the Jaguars. So it's relevant.
When the "highlight" video is from a routine catch, made in practice on a high school field in the middle of nowhere, you're grasping at a very thin straw.
(12-12-2018, 06:47 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]When the "highlight" video is from a routine catch, made in practice on a high school field in the middle of nowhere, you're grasping at a very thin straw.

LOL

When did we start hating on PS signings and threads announcing them?  Dark days around here. 
Sheesh.  
It's merely information. I added a gif because it was a slow news day. 
I still like to know about it when the Jags add players - maybe I'm in the minority.
What are people expecting from a practice squad singing? Lmao, darks days is right
Jars on the shelf.  You never can have too many of them.

The practice squad is a great place to develop young talent to possibly get them into a starting role.  A few of the successful ones that come to mind are Arian Foster (Houston Texans), Rod Smith (Denver Broncos) and none other than Aaron Rogers (Green Bay Packers).  I'm too lazy to google it, but I'm sure that there are probably others that were either drafted low or un-drafted that ended up on a practice squad somewhere that went on to have successful careers.
(12-12-2018, 07:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Jars on the shelf.  You never can have too many of them.

The practice squad is a great place to develop young talent to possibly get them into a starting role.  A few of the successful ones that come to mind are Arian Foster (Houston Texans), Rod Smith (Denver Broncos) and none other than Aaron Rogers (Green Bay Packers).  I'm too lazy to google it, but I'm sure that there are probably others that were either drafted low or un-drafted that ended up on a practice squad somewhere that went on to have successful careers.
Definitely not Aaron Rodgers anyway. He was a first round pick
UDFA notables over the years:
Chris Harris CB
Wes Welker WR
Jason Peters OT
Priest Holmes RB
James Harrison OLB
Rod smith WR
Antonio Gates TE
Tony Romo QB
Kurt Warner QB
Warren Moon QB
John Randle DT
I also like to hear about PS signings, even if we shouldn't expect much from them...who knows.

Recently the biggest practice squad player who made it big is Adam Thielen: wasn't drafted, was just a rookie tryout for the Vikings, spent a year on the practice squad, then mainly a specia teamer and then over the last 3 seasons a costant improvement regularly over 1000 yards and has become the fantastic receiver he is now.

Not that we should expect anything like that by this guy oro any PS player (still curious about Lazard for the next season)