Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The long nightmare that is the Jaguars 2018 season continues.  After a stellar defensive performance against the Colts that resulted in a shut out of the otherwise red hot team, the Jaguars defense played as if they were done for the year, wanting no part of tacks RB Derrick Henry in another embarrassing loss to the tacks.  Meanwhile, the Colts bounced back from their embarrassing shut out loss to the Jaguars  and beat the previously red hot Texans in Houston.
Not seeing the Colts beating the Texans in Houston, my record last week was 1-1, but it was good enough to still keep me one game above .500.
As for the picks this week…
Washington (6-7) at Jacksonville (4-9)-Washington lost their top two QBs to serious injury.  Alex Smith’s broken leg might be a career ender after infection kicked in.  I’m no fan of Washington, but that really sucks for him.  I hope he and Chase Daniel make complete recoveries.  In their place were Mark Sanchez, he of the butt fumble, and Josh Johnson, who, before this year, last played in an NFL game in 2011.  That’s seven years.  I won’t say anything else on that point.   Johnson gets the start against a Jaguars’ defense absolutely embarrassed on national television.  They have had problems against mobile QBs all year long, but I think Jacksonville wins their home finale 17-13.

Cowboys (8-5) at Colts (7-6)-Under Jerry Jones, the Cowboys have made some questionable trades for WRs over the years, throwing a bunch of draft pick capital for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams.   However, the trade for former Raiders’ first round pick Amari Cooper may actually pay some dividends.  The Cowboys have been on a bit of a tear since the deal, and Cooper basically knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs this past Sunday.  Meanwhile, the Colts have won six out of their last seven games.  I think Dallas’ defense poses another stern test of the Colts’ offense, and I don’t think the Colts’ defense can shut down Dallas.  Dallas wins 23-20

Texans (9-4) at N.Y. Jets (4-9)-Simply put, I don’t see Sam Darnold and that Jets offense having much success against that Texans’ defense.   Texans win 28-10.

Tacks (7-6) at N.Y. Giants (5-8)-the Giants have played reasonably well the past few weeks, having won four out of the last five games.  Meanwhile, the tacks rolled over my Jaguars to remain in playoff contention.  While Giants’ rookie RB Saquon Barkley looks like he has a great future, I don’t see the Giants’ offense having much success against the tack defense.  Tacks win 21-17.
Last week:  1-1
Overall:  21-20  
23-19 overall. 

this week 

I'm going to say these teams win 

Jets

Giants 

Redskins

no way the new cleveland browns win another game while doug is still the HC. Jags laughing stock of nfl again even more then clevland ever was.
21-18

Jags
cowboys
tinhorns
thumbtacks
I'll go with jags, cowboys, texans, and tacks.

I had hoped the jags would lose out and thus help their draft position but it looks like the skins may be imploding even worse than the jags.
(12-13-2018, 11:43 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I'll go with jags, cowboys, texans, and tacks.

I had hoped the jags would lose out and thus help their draft position but it looks like the skins may be imploding even worse than the jags.

The Skins imploded the second Alex Smith's leg imploded.. sad.
13-29 overall
0-2 last week

Jaguars over Redskins
Cowboys over Colts
Texans over Jets
Giants over Titans
This week I'm going to go out on a limb.  My winner selections are as follows.

Jacksonville
Houston
Indianapolis
Giants
20-22

Tacks
Cowboys
Jags
Jets (clowney clowns around and loses another one)

And with the season wrapping up, another shout out to bullseye for these division threads. You do a fine job with em
I'm surprised one of you tack fans don't have that epic Derrick Henry 99 yard run as a signature gif.
(12-13-2018, 07:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised one of you tack fans don't have that epic Derrick Henry 99 yard run as a signature gif.

It was too long of a run for a gif. Which stiff arm to use when there were so many..
(12-13-2018, 07:22 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2018, 07:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised one of you tack fans don't have that epic Derrick Henry 99 yard run as a signature gif.

It was too long of a run for a gif. Which stiff arm to use when there were so many..

As a Jags fan, it pains me to watch it. 

As a football fan, it's absolutely glorious to behold.
(12-13-2018, 08:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2018, 07:22 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]It was too long of a run for a gif. Which stiff arm to use when there were so many..

As a Jags fan, it pains me to watch it. 

It was his night, for sure. Bet that jags d bounce back in a big way after that one.
(12-13-2018, 09:20 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2018, 08:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]As a Jags fan, it pains me to watch it. 

It was his night, for sure. Bet that jags d bounce back in a big way after that one.

{sigh} No one knows, anymore.
(12-12-2018, 10:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]The long nightmare that is the Jaguars 2018 season continues.  After a stellar defensive performance against the Colts that resulted in a shut out of the otherwise red hot team, the Jaguars defense played as if they were done for the year, wanting no part of tacks RB Derrick Henry in another embarrassing loss to the tacks.  Meanwhile, the Colts bounced back from their embarrassing shut out loss to the Jaguars  and beat the previously red hot Texans in Houston.
Not seeing the Colts beating the Texans in Houston, my record last week was 1-1, but it was good enough to still keep me one game above .500.
As for the picks this week…
Washington (6-7) at Jacksonville (4-9)-Washington lost their top two QBs to serious injury.  Alex Smith’s broken leg might be a career ender after infection kicked in.  I’m no fan of Washington, but that really sucks for him.  I hope he and Chase Daniel make complete recoveries.  In their place were Mark Sanchez, he of the butt fumble, and Josh Johnson, who, before this year, last played in an NFL game in 2011.  That’s seven years.  I won’t say anything else on that point.   Johnson gets the start against a Jaguars’ defense absolutely embarrassed on national television.  They have had problems against mobile QBs all year long, but I think Jacksonville wins their home finale 17-13.

Cowboys (8-5) at Colts (7-6)-Under Jerry Jones, the Cowboys have made some questionable trades for WRs over the years, throwing a bunch of draft pick capital for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams.   However, the trade for former Raiders’ first round pick Amari Cooper may actually pay some dividends.  The Cowboys have been on a bit of a tear since the deal, and Cooper basically knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs this past Sunday.  Meanwhile, the Colts have won six out of their last seven games.  I think Dallas’ defense poses another stern test of the Colts’ offense, and I don’t think the Colts’ defense can shut down Dallas.  Dallas wins 23-20

Texans (9-4) at N.Y. Jets (4-9)-Simply put, I don’t see Sam Darnold and that Jets offense having much success against that Texans’ defense.   Texans win 28-10.

Tacks (7-6) at N.Y. Giants (5-8)-the Giants have played reasonably well the past few weeks, having won four out of the last five games.  Meanwhile, the tacks rolled over my Jaguars to remain in playoff contention.  While Giants’ rookie RB Saquon Barkley looks like he has a great future, I don’t see the Giants’ offense having much success against the tack defense.  Tacks win 21-17.
Last week:  1-1
Overall:  21-20  

Jags
Cowboys
Texans
Tacks

Ask and ye shall receive.  Enjoy. I like how Jalen Ramsey comes jogging in at the bottom of the screen as DH goes into the end zone. Like he wanted any part of that lol.
(12-14-2018, 03:21 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]

Ask and ye shall receive.  Enjoy.  I like how Jalen Ramsey comes jogging in at the bottom of the screen as DH goes into the end zone.  Like he wanted any part of that lol.

Ramsey thought someone else would tackle him. . The entire defense thought the same thing.
Thats one hell of a gif
Houston.

Other selections coming.
Skins
Colts
Texans
Gmen

23-18
Jason Myers missed two XP...

Texans 16-15 Jets in the 3rd.
(12-14-2018, 05:29 PM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]Houston.

Other selections coming.

Week # 14 results: 1-1

24-17 overall official ( 25-17 unofficial )

Week # 15 Selections in addition to Houston:

Jacksonville
Tennessee
Indianapolis  (  This is a game I've gone back and forth with. ).
Pages: 1 2