Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Aaron Colvin returning helps Jags pass rush too..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/65692/return-of-cornerback-aaron-colvin-helps-jaguars-pass-rush-too'>http://www.espn.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/65692/return-of-cornerback-aaron-colvin-helps-jaguars-pass-rush-too</a>

Yeah one time... That guy.... Maybe it was.. A line backer.. I dunno dudeeeeee... No wait... My brain in pieeeeeercin... Bernard pierce!! He went the wrong way on special teams bruh... Yeh bruh
Colvin was 2nd on the team in sacks last season... what a depressing stat.
The guy is a beast.

A welcome return.

Colvins blitz from the nickel/slot was unstoppable last year. With him in there, it adds another package we can use.
Quote:Colvins blitz from the nickel/slot was unstoppable last year. With him in there, it adds another package we can use.

Agree. It's nice to have him back for blitzing packages like that again.
Welcome back Big Grin

Ramsey, but he over ran it.
Quote:Colvins blitz from the nickel/slot was unstoppable last year. With him in there, it adds another package we can use.

They've tried to use the same blitz with Ramsey a few times. 

He got pressure on one and got stood up on two others. There are probably more examples, but those are the ones I remember. 

There have also been three DB blitz plays this season where we got torched for yards by a slot receiver or TE.

So.... be careful sharpening that double edged sword.  If it doesn't get home the DB blitz can leave a soft spot in the zone or create a LB mismatch in coverage. 
Quote:They've tried to use the same blitz with Ramsey a few times.

He got pressure on one and got stood up on two others. There are probably more examples, but those are the ones I remember.

There have also been three DB blitz plays this season where we got torched for yards by a slot receiver or TE.

So.... be careful sharpening that double edged sword. If it doesn't get home the DB blitz can leave a soft spot in the zone or create a LB mismatch in coverage.
No disrespect to Ramsey tho, Colvin knows how to get home on that blitz. If he doesn't get the sack I believe he causes a hurried throw that goes for an incompletion.
Quote:No disrespect to Ramsey tho, Colvin knows how to get home on that blitz. If he doesn't get the sack I believe he causes a hurried throw that goes for an incompletion.
That did seem to be the case last season when they sent Colvin. 
Quote:Colvin was 2nd on the team in sacks last season... what a depressing stat.

That tells you something about him. Most cornerbacks can't get to the quarterback because they are so far behind the LOS. No, it is not a sad statistic.

Colvin was a hammer on the blitz last year.  He got there quick and finished.

Quote:That tells you something about him. Most cornerbacks can't get to the quarterback because they are so far behind the LOS. No, it is not a sad statistic.
It's indicative of poor defensive line play.

In and of itself, it's not sad. Considering the context of the situation - it certainly is sad.
Quote:It's indicative of poor defensive line play.

In and of itself, it's not sad. Considering the context of the situation - it certainly is sad.

How many other teams with bad defensive lines got the second most sacks by their nickel backs? My guess is zero. It is 100% about ho/w good Colvin has been for us, not the defensive line, when you look at it that way.
Quote:The guy is a beast.

A welcome return.

Yeah, I like Hero too.
Can't wait to see Colvin blitz and yannick down the field covering.

Where's branch when you need him for a deflection pick?
HERO you getting a new avi?

I miss your old one <333

Best thing about Colvin back?

Gratz is out of linebacker group!  :thumbsup:

Quote:Best thing about Colvin back?

Gratz is out of the cornerback group!

FIFY