Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Batted passes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought this tweet was interesting:

Tweet from Michael DiRocco (@ESPNdirocco) - No NFL QB has had more passes batted down at LOS since 2014 than Blake Bortles. #Jaguars es.pn/2df9hio

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/7...9625923584

My question is who's to blame? Is it Bortles staring down his WR's? Is Bortles not sliding in the pocket to find clear throwing lanes or pump faking? Is the O-Line allowing too much pressure?

What gives?
The worst fear has become a reality.

Bortles has caught Chad Henne syndrome.

At this point amputation may be our only option.

I think it's Bortles' long release allowing the defensive line to telegraph where his throw is going.
His mentor, Chad Henne is to blame.
Goes hand in hand with being damn near the most sacked QB since 2014 I would imagine. Passes are batted because the defenders are damn near on top of him.

Quote:I thought this tweet was interesting:

Tweet from Michael DiRocco (@ESPNdirocco) - No NFL QB has had more passes batted down at LOS since 2014 than Blake Bortles. #Jaguars es.pn/2df9hio

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/7...9625923584

My question is who's to blame? Is it Bortles staring down his WR's? Is Bortles not sliding in the pocket to find clear throwing lanes or pump faking? Is the O-Line allowing too much pressure?

What gives?
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...bf5a635e3d

6:08 ^ 
I think it's his mechanics. Him dropping the ball to his hip every throw is giving the dlinemen (and DBs) a jump on the ball.
The article is really interesting, thanks.

Chad Henne is a terrible QB. Bortles looks up to him and probably took his advice to heart. We now have a Chad Bortles.

Quote:Chad Henne is a terrible QB. Bortles looks up to him and probably took his advice to heart. We now have a Chad Bortles.
Lol a taller, more mobile version of Chad Henne, just great, back to square one at QB.
Worst pass blocking oline in that span combined with a young QB who has a long release.
I would wager to say mechanics are a big part of it. These DL know when he's going to throw and can time it much easier.

His release is slower than other QBs giving linemen an extra split second to get their arm up
He is a gunslinger so I assume his release is slower than the average QB and he must be throwing the ball a little low. 

his motion sucks plus pressure but mostly motion
Bc he faces Watt twice a year?
Quote:Goes hand in hand with being damn near the most sacked QB since 2014 I would imagine. Passes are batted because the defenders are damn near on top of him.

This.
Quote:Worst pass blocking oline in that span combined with a young QB who has a long release.

Bingo.
Quote:Chad Henne is a terrible QB. Bortles looks up to him and probably took his advice to heart. We now have a Chad Bortles.

A Blad Henntles, if you will.
Pages: 1 2