Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's Not an Excuse, But..........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out the new updated draft order and look at our strength of schedule compared to others:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-in-top-14

Other than the Raiders, we had a more difficult schedule than the majority of the league. Combine that with the injury bug devouring us and the ineptitude of our front office decisions....

Has anyone been fired yet? lol

FYI - I put this in our Jags section due it being about our strength of schedule. But if it belongs in the draft section, feel free to move.
I told you all a long time ago we have the toughest schedule in nfl every year. I know everyone plays division oppents twice,but we can't beat no one in our division hardly ever espaissley the tittiians. if jags played 16 games vs tittians we would be 0-16. oonce in a while we get lucky to beat colts or texans.
The strength of schedule thing was pointed out in an earlier thread. It impacts 2 games for each divisional team. This team is beyond 2 games being the thorn in its side.
(12-18-2018, 10:31 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]Check out the new updated draft order and look at our strength of schedule compared to others:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-in-top-14

Other than the Raiders, we had a more difficult schedule than the majority of the league. Combine that with the injury bug devouring us and the ineptitude of our front office decisions....

Has anyone been fired yet? lol

FYI - I put this in our Jags section due it being about our strength of schedule. But if it belongs in the draft section, feel free to move.

Look no further than the vast improvement of your div.: Colts, TN and to an extent, Houston, went from nobodies to playoff contenders - every one of them. The div. turned into 6 tough games vs. what used to be annual cupcakes.
(12-18-2018, 12:36 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]The strength of schedule thing was pointed out in an earlier thread.  It impacts 2 games for each divisional team.  This team is beyond 2 games being the thorn in its side.

One thing a lot people miss about the first vs last place schedules is the division itself. If you're the last place team, sure, you get two "easier" games than the rest of the division, but you have six games against three teams that were better than you.

All of that said, I think the OP is referring to the strength of schedule as it stands now. This has our two games still being against first place teams, while our entire division has leapfrogged us.
If you want to be the best, you have to be able to beat the best.
(12-18-2018, 12:12 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]I told you all a long time ago we have the toughest schedule in nfl every year.  I know everyone plays division oppents twice,but we can't beat no one in our division hardly ever espaissley the tittiians. if jags played 16 games vs tittians we would be 0-16. oonce in a while we get lucky to beat colts or texans.

That's not how it works.