Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Calais Campbell says Jags 'playing for your jobs'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Calais Campbell says Jags 'playing for your jobs'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-your-jobs

With an underwhelming season sputtering to a close for the Jaguars, Jacksonville defensive lineman Calais Campbell makes it clear that there's plenty to play for, most notably everyone's jobs.
We better keep this guy next season. Great player, great guy, great leader.

Bryan and Smoot could learn a lot from him.
Only been here two years and already one of my all time favorite Jags.

His leadership is valuable, and he matches it with excellent and consistent play. No way do we release him.
I wouldn't be one bit supissed to see jags release thier top players on defense,and keep ones not any good. I wouldn't be surpised either to see them keep the HC either. Jacksonville hasn't been smart ennough last few years to get rid of bad,and keep good. they will probbley let ramsy go too dureing offseason.
....I doubt they're letting Ramsey go, if they can help it.

I would be sad to Calais go, but not surprised. I don't wanna take any bets on what the office is planning at this point
If only all free agents worked out as well as he did
Malik was a good till this year. I believe his drop off this year is what is hurting the defense so badly this year. Yannick and Calais need his interior pressure to help free up what they did last year.
He isn't wrong and that is why teams will never intentionally tank. They need to play well or risk being replaced in the off season.
(12-19-2018, 06:06 PM)Nikowho Wrote: [ -> ]....I doubt they're letting Ramsey go, if they can help it.

I would be sad to Calais go, but not surprised. I don't wanna take any bets on what the office is planning at this point

Trade Ramsey to the tacks for a first and second round pick.
(12-20-2018, 09:51 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]He isn't wrong and that is why teams will never intentionally tank. They need to play well or risk being replaced in the off season.

Agreed.  They are professionals and for the most part want to stay employed either on this team or another one.  Tanking or quitting is a sure fire way to find themselves out or the NFL.
(12-19-2018, 05:08 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't be one bit supissed to see jags release thier top players on defense,and keep ones not any good. I wouldn't be surpised either to see them keep the HC either. Jacksonville hasn't been smart ennough last few years to get rid of bad,and keep good. they will probbley let ramsy go too dureing offseason.

You ok Wolfie?
(12-20-2018, 03:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2018, 09:51 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]He isn't wrong and that is why teams will never intentionally tank. They need to play well or risk being replaced in the off season.

Agreed.  They are professionals and for the most part want to stay employed either on this team or another one.  Tanking or quitting is a sure fire way to find themselves out or the NFL.

Meh...

Players like Albert Haynesworth proved that's not necessarily true.

We all knew he was fat and lazy and the only time he played well was in a contract year... he still got massively overpaid... even with all the film of him being lazy previous years