Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump Now Free to Run Against All of Washington
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016...ashington/

"Speaker of the House Paul Ryan may have inadvertently done Donald Trump a favor on Monday, when he held a conference call with House Republicans to inform them he would not be campaigning for the party’s nominee."

"Trump is now free to run against Washington as a whole, which is likely what he meant by tweeting Tuesday morning that “the shackles have been taken off me.”"

======================================================

This reminds me of what Jefferson Davis said after the fall of Richmond: 

"Relieved from the necessity of guarding cities and particular points, important but not vital to our defense, with an army free to move from point to point and strike in detail the detachments and garrisons of the enemy, operating on the interior of our own country, where supplies are more accessible, and where the foe will be far removed from his own base and cut off from all succor in case of reverse, nothing is now needed to render our triumph certain but the exhibition of our own unquenchable resolve."

Of course, if Jeff Davis had been Donald Trump, he would have added, "I never liked Richmond anyway."
Positive spin on a dumpster fire from Trump's campaign manager.
Quote:Positive spin on a dumpster fire from Trump's campaign manager.

Trumpster Fire

It's us against the world...Breitbart headline.

Imagine a win. One guy sitting on a throne with his minions either taking it or leaving it. I.e. Numerous govt shut downs
Also found it interesting he is drawing comparison on this liberating moment to the guy who lost the Civil War.
Quote:http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016...ashington/

"Speaker of the House Paul Ryan may have inadvertently done Donald Trump a favor on Monday, when he held a conference call with House Republicans to inform them he would not be campaigning for the party’s nominee."

"Trump is now free to run against Washington as a whole, which is likely what he meant by tweeting Tuesday morning that “the shackles have been taken off me.”"

======================================================

This reminds me of what Jefferson Davis said after the fall of Richmond: 

"Relieved from the necessity of guarding cities and particular points, important but not vital to our defense, with an army free to move from point to point and strike in detail the detachments and garrisons of the enemy, operating on the interior of our own country, where supplies are more accessible, and where the foe will be far removed from his own base and cut off from all succor in case of reverse, nothing is now needed to render our triumph certain but the exhibition of our own unquenchable resolve."

Of course, if Jeff Davis had been Donald Trump, he would have added, "I never liked Richmond anyway."

Didn't Davis lose that war?

Oh well, maybe Donald will be satisfied with getting a participation trophy in the form of a statue like the rest of those Confederate guys. We still have some space on Monument Avenue for one.
Quote:Didn't Davis lose that war?

Whoosh! 

Yes, that was my point.  
Paul Ryan not supporting Trump is an endrosement for me.  Should be for anybody else paying attention.

this news would be like if Bill Clinton came out and said he's not supporting Trump. We knew it already

Quote:Paul Ryan not supporting Trump is an endrosement for me.  Should be for anybody else paying attention.

this news would be like if Bill Clinton came out and said he's not supporting Trump. We knew it already

I don't know how Trump is going to get that wall built if he alienates everyone in Washington.  
Quote:I don't know how Trump is going to get that wall built if he alienates everyone in Washington.  

maybe he wont be able to.  i doubt he wins anyway. too much going against him and he isn't doing himself favors.  he's of the ilk that we need but he isn't the best person to defend his positions or that of the people who are tired of government corruption and the globalist agenda.

but with this story it's just not new news that all of the politicians who are systemically destroying our country are against him. that was made obvious from the start
Quote:I don't know how Trump is going to get that wall built if he alienates everyone in Washington.

In his mind..

He'll build it with bodies of his enemies like the Spartans did in 300. And it's getting taller every day..
Trump may actually be uniting the Parties.  If HRC gets elected, I think there's going to be a strong bond between her and the Republican elected representatives.
Quote:Trump may actually be uniting the Parties.  If HRC gets elected, I think there's going to be a strong bond between her and the Republican elected representatives.

there wasn't a bond before?
Quote:there wasn't a bond before?

ha --- good point.  i forgot, for all intents and purposes, they're all sleeping in the same bed
Quote:ha --- good point. i forgot, for all intents and purposes, they're all sleeping in the same bed

No, they're all the same whore.
Quote:ha --- good point.  i forgot, for all intents and purposes, they're all sleeping in the same bed
Except when it comes to social issues.