Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Parnell & Harrison to IR - 2 promoted from PS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jags Put Parnell On IR promote 2 from practice squad.
What? So Cann is our only starter on the oline?
I don’t want to hear anymore about Fournette’s ypc or anything that is negative.

All but 1 olineman and a back up QB, along with a regressed Bortles, and no number 1 WR.

Of course teams are selling out on our RB, because last year we led the league in rushing.
(12-23-2018, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...9216103425

Brandon Thomas? Seriously? Isn't there anyone better? Have we checked the CFL players or AFL guys? At this point, I'd take a bouncer from a bar on the bad side of town. Thomas is gonna get someone hurt. He's nothing more than a speed bump.
(12-23-2018, 12:31 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t want to hear anymore about Fournette’s ypc or anything that is negative.

All but 1 olineman and a back up QB, along with a regressed Bortles, and no number 1 WR.

Of course teams are selling out on our RB, because last year we led the league in rushing.

No TE either
(12-23-2018, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2018, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...9216103425

Brandon Thomas? Seriously? Isn't there anyone better? Have we checked the CFL players or AFL guys? At this point, I'd take a bouncer from a bar on the bad side of town. Thomas is gonna get someone hurt. He's nothing more than a speed bump.

My man - If they are STARTING Flowers and Omameh off the street - what kind of special talent were you expecting to back them up?
I dont think I've ever seen an offense as decimated with injuries as this one
(12-23-2018, 11:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think I've ever seen an offense as decimated with injuries as this one

Lee
Robinson
Linder
Norwell
Parnell
Chark
Grant
ASJ
Mickens

And that's not counting those that have missed time and returned. 
It's a ridiculous list and an insurmountable obstacle. 
Yet you'll still hear folks tell you it's just an excuse.
(12-23-2018, 11:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think I've ever seen an offense as decimated with injuries as this one

I think Washington could make a case right now, but, yeah, it's pretty bad.
(12-23-2018, 11:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Lee
Robinson
Linder
Norwell
Parnell
Chark
Grant
ASJ
Mickens

It just shows how Marrone can't adapt. If he was any good he'd have those street FAs playing like the '92 Cowboys.
(12-23-2018, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

No, that's the thing. Quality OL starters aren't just hanging out at the local jiffy mart waiting to be signed. If bouncers were better than Thomas, they'd be on the roster. Twenty injuries (or whatever it's been) to the OL tends to hurt.
(12-23-2018, 01:19 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2018, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Brandon Thomas? Seriously? Isn't there anyone better? Have we checked the CFL players or AFL guys? At this point, I'd take a bouncer from a bar on the bad side of town. Thomas is gonna get someone hurt. He's nothing more than a speed bump.

No, that's the thing. Quality OL starters aren't just hanging out at the local jiffy mart waiting to be signed. If bouncers were better than Thomas, they'd be on the roster. Twenty injuries (or whatever it's been) to the OL tends to hurt.

That's why it's so important to have quality depth. We had an average O-Line with no depth behind any of the starters what so ever. When the injuries came, we were digging in the trash heap. We have to add depth this offseason. If not, the coaching staff has learned nothing.
(12-23-2018, 01:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2018, 01:19 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]No, that's the thing. Quality OL starters aren't just hanging out at the local jiffy mart waiting to be signed. If bouncers were better than Thomas, they'd be on the roster. Twenty injuries (or whatever it's been) to the OL tends to hurt.

That's why it's so important to have quality depth. We had an average O-Line with no depth behind any of the starters what so ever. When the injuries came, we were digging in the trash heap. We have to add depth this offseason. If not, the coaching staff has learned nothing.

We had some depth. You can only go so far. We're on our 4th tackle on one side and our 3rd on another. You can't go 4 deep and expect to have quality starters there.
(12-23-2018, 11:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Lee
Robinson
Linder
Norwell
Parnell
Chark
Grant
ASJ
Mickens

Injuries aren't just an excuse, they are a reason. That phrase is just coach speak, but fans parrot it, as if any team having to resort to pulling 11 guys from the stands to fill in for the injured should still be expected to win.
(12-23-2018, 01:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2018, 01:19 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]No, that's the thing. Quality OL starters aren't just hanging out at the local jiffy mart waiting to be signed. If bouncers were better than Thomas, they'd be on the roster. Twenty injuries (or whatever it's been) to the OL tends to hurt.

Wells, Shatley, and Richardson weren't bad depth at all back in Week 1. Having to go down another level to Walker, Reed, and the street guys is like falling into the Grand Canyon and would the same case for any other team put into the same position. Any thoughts that this team could have a successful year with the decimation of the offensive line was unrealistic, but hey, Bortles sucks.
(12-27-2018, 09:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Empty PS spots filled:

https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/stat...0038374400

@FIRE CALDWELL NOW@
They really should have put Fournette on IR weeks back as well.

There's really nothing left but to build the back end of the roster at this point... special teamers and depth.
(12-28-2018, 12:45 AM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]They really should have put Fournette on IR weeks back as well.

There's really nothing left but to build the back end of the roster at this point... special teamers and depth.

I think he needs the reps. I also want a few vets on the roster showing the young guys how to pace yourself through practice, study film, learn the playbook, etc.