Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A Surprising Stat...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For years in our nightmares, we have seen opposing tight ends destroy the middle of the field. No more? According to Yahoo we have not allowed an opposing tight end top 42 yards in our four games. Isolated trend or genuine improvement? Thoughts?
Quote:For years in our nightmares, we have seen opposing tight ends destroy the middle of the field. No more? According to Yahoo we have not allowed an opposing tight end top 42 yards in our four games. Isolated trend or genuine improvement? Thoughts?

We haven't played against a great TE yet. Gates didn't go for 4 TDs, but everyone else did in that San Diego game, it seemed. But then again, even the average and mediocre TEs used to tear us up. Improvement!

Zach Miller is a good test. With Jack on the field, our defense should be pretty good against the TE.
I thought you were going to pull the stat

Gus Bradley is 1-2 coming off the Bye week.

Cook,Henry,Pitta,and Allen are all pretty solid. Like other than DAL/TEN/CIN/KC/NE/Sea who has a good TE?
Quote:Cook,Henry,Pitta,and Allen are all pretty solid. Like other than DAL/TEN/CIN/KC/NE/Sea who has a good TE?
Carolina has a top 3 TE.
Quote:Cook,Henry,Pitta,and Allen are all pretty solid. Like other than DAL/TEN/CIN/KC/NE/Sea who has a good TE?

Washington
How'd I forgot Olson and Reed.....both even from Florida jeez
Julius Thomas 

Meaningless stat since we are still getting torched and losing games.

Quote:I thought you were going to pull the stat

Gus Bradley is 1-2 coming off the Bye week.

So you're saying there's a chance???
Quote:We haven't played against a great TE yet. Gates didn't go for 4 TDs, but everyone else did in that San Diego game, it seemed. But then again, even the average and mediocre TEs used to tear us up. Improvement!

Zach Miller is a good test. With Jack on the field, our defense should be pretty good against the TE.

I'm just going to play it safe and assume Zach Miller is injured.
Our pass coverage has gotten better. But we have House who has dipped in performance so we are still allowing a lot of points. Now that colvin is back hopefully House is on the bench and with Jack starting at LB we should be better on the defense.

Quote:Meaningless stat since we are still getting torched and losing games.
torched? by who?
Quote:torched? by who?

San Diego namely. We are still allowing 27ppg. So yeah...
Quote:We haven't played against a great TE yet. Gates didn't go for 4 TDs, but everyone else did in that San Diego game, it seemed. But then again, even the average and mediocre TEs used to tear us up. Improvement!

Gates is still a great TE. No single player scored 4 TDs in that game.

Zach Miller is OK, but nowhere near Gates in any TE category.

Quote:How'd I forgot Olson and Reed.....both even from Florida jeez

Jordan Reed is hurt. I don't think he played Sunday.

Quote:Meaningless stat since we are still getting torched and losing games.

We were torched once and won our last game.
Quote:San Diego namely. We are still allowing 27ppg. So yeah...

The 27 PPG stat is misleading. Take out the Chargers game and our scoring defense looks decent.
Quote:The 27 PPG stat is misleading. Take out the Chargers game and our scoring defense looks decent.

"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Quote:"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"
Hahaha that's amazing.
Quote:"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

I am not Mrs. Lincoln.
Quote:I am not Mrs. Lincoln.

I just can't. You're either a horrible person or a horrible human being.
Pages: 1 2