Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Game balls! vs Fins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Telvin Smith: For the pick 6 int. 

Defensive line: Kept the pressure on with a multiple sack day

Bortles:  I would love for them to run the R.P.O offense strictly with him.  Let him use his legs more.  I am not a fan but he gets a ball today for making some big plays with his legs.

Westbook:  The only dynamic player on offense.  He is very strong for his size and quickly becoming a special teams weapon.
Bro Kessler is aweful but Bort atleast gives us a chance
(12-23-2018, 08:14 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...60326?s=19

Laughing I did want to see what Kessler could do and glad they gave him a shot.  Although he had no help, he is trash.  We already knew Blake isnt good, just glad there is only 1 more game left
Westbrook gets my gameball.

Tough, gritty performance.

The whole D-Line gets a nod as well. Honorable mention to Jarrod Wilson doing a nice job filling in at safety.
Was interesting to see he and Gipson switching roles a little bit - and both of them coming down to play the run at times.
Saw a bit more of that than I recall seeing in most games this year/last year.
Myles Jack had a good game
The New York Giants get my gameball, because they will now be picking the first QB in the draft. Not us.
(12-23-2018, 10:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]The New York Giants get my gameball, because they will now be picking the first QB in the draft. Not us.

I was looking at film of the top QBs in the draft and right now my favorites are Grier and Lock. Grier just has that It factor, similar to Mayfield and Lock has a cannon.
(12-24-2018, 01:05 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2018, 10:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]The New York Giants get my gameball, because they will now be picking the first QB in the draft. Not us.

I was looking at film of the top QBs in the draft and right now my favorites are Grier and Lock. Grier just has that It factor, similar to Mayfield and Lock has a cannon.

I just don't see "it" with Grier. Maybe he could be good, but I don't have that much confidence in him. Lock does have a cannon, but his accuracy is not always on point and that worries me. Both guys have potential, but I have them graded far behind Haskins.
Malik Jackson, Calais Campbell, Telvin Smith,
(12-24-2018, 01:08 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2018, 01:05 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at film of the top QBs in the draft and right now my favorites are Grier and Lock. Grier just has that It factor, similar to Mayfield and Lock has a cannon.

I just don't see "it" with Grier. Maybe he could be good, but I don't have that much confidence in him. Lock does have a cannon, but his accuracy is not always on point and that worries me. Both guys have potential, but I have them graded far behind Haskins.

I will have to watch more of Haskins. If you don't think Grier has "It", just watch the game against Texas from this year. He isn't perfect and has had some not so great games(see Iowa State) but I like what iI have seen out of him more than any of the top guys I have seen so far. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with Haskins, but right now he is 1b on my list.
(12-23-2018, 09:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Westbrook gets my gameball.

The whole D-Line gets a nod as well. Honorable mention to Jarrod Wilson doing a nice job filling in at safety.
Was interesting to see he and Gipson switching roles a little bit - and both of them coming down to play the run at times.

Both of us were already praising him last week. He is a very nice surprise right now. 
I hope he will be there next season behind Harrison.
(12-24-2018, 06:00 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2018, 09:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Westbrook gets my gameball.

Both of us were already praising him last week. He is a very nice surprise right now. 
I hope he will be there next season behind Harrison.

He did so well, I didn't even notice him out there. To me that means he was solid and didn't make any mistakes.
(12-24-2018, 01:05 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]

My top 2 guys as well

(12-24-2018, 02:07 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2018, 01:08 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't see "it" with Grier. Maybe he could be good, but I don't have that much confidence in him. Lock does have a cannon, but his accuracy is not always on point and that worries me. Both guys have potential, but I have them graded far behind Haskins.

I will have to watch more of Haskins. If you don't think Grier has "It", just watch the game against Texas from this year. He isn't perfect and has had some not so great games(see Iowa State) but I like what iI have seen out of him more than any of the top guys I have seen so far. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with Haskins, but right now he is 1b on my list.
You can put on a lot of Griers games too but watch the Oklahoma game as well
Our punter had a good year.  Defense is better than the results.  Outside of us having limited ability to fix things in the off season...  We are setup well for an 8-8 season next year.  Irony is they rolled out Bortles in some of the Hacket games and the last game this year would be a bit more than spoiler.

EDIT:
I mean the punter improved from the shanks early in the season.  Did well with kick offs as well.
(12-24-2018, 10:10 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Our punter had a good year.  Defense is better than the results.  Outside of us having limited ability to fix things in the off season...  We are setup well for an 8-8 season next year.  Irony is they rolled out Bortles in some of the Hacket games and the last game this year would be a bit more than spoiler.

EDIT:
I mean the punter improved from the shanks early in the season.  Did well with kick offs as well.

Yeah, I like Cooke.  I like how he dont always out kick the coverage and he is good at pinning them inside the 10.  He shanks one every now and then but overall had a good year and is a rookie.  I think he is our punter of the future though and will be a good one
(12-24-2018, 11:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2018, 10:10 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Our punter had a good year.  Defense is better than the results.  Outside of us having limited ability to fix things in the off season...  We are setup well for an 8-8 season next year.  Irony is they rolled out Bortles in some of the Hacket games and the last game this year would be a bit more than spoiler.

EDIT:

Yeah, I like Cooke.  I like how he dont always out kick the coverage and he is good at pinning them inside the 10.  He shanks one every now and then but overall had a good year and is a rookie.  I think he is our punter of the future though and will be a good one

Cooke has been money most of the season. I am not nearly as bummed when I thought we settled on him after missing out on the other top punters last year. Plus you add his kick offs and he has more than lived up to his draft pick.
(12-24-2018, 11:21 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2018, 11:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I like Cooke.  I like how he dont always out kick the coverage and he is good at pinning them inside the 10.  He shanks one every now and then but overall had a good year and is a rookie.  I think he is our punter of the future though and will be a good one

Cooke has been money most of the season. I am not nearly as bummed when I thought we settled on him after missing out on the other top punters last year. Plus you add his kick offs and he has more than lived up to his draft pick.

I liked Townsend, Scott, and Dickson.  I didnt even know who Cooke was but I think he has been the 2nd best rookie behind Dickson.  The fans are saysing Townsend and Scott havent been very good whiich is kind of a surprise to me.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic...ng/?page=2
I rather not draft a qb in the first if there is not a sure thing at the Pick, they should build the offensive defensive lines if there is no qb worth taking in the first and give bortles one more year.
(12-26-2018, 02:53 PM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: [ -> ]I rather not draft a qb in the first if there is not a sure thing at the Pick, they should build the offensive defensive lines if there is no qb worth taking in the first and give bortles one more year.

There is never a sure thing.
Pages: 1 2