Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fournette vs Hyde
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I watched the game and it seemed Hyde ran better today than Fournette.

Fournette: 18 carrries for 42 yds.  2.4 ypc is the ugly part.  The 1 td was nice but the line opened up a huge hole on that play

Hyde: 8 carries 47 yds on a 5.9ypc.

Fournette is not running well and I think they should shut him down and give Hyde the start next week.  Let them battle it out in training camp.
Fournette looks like a bust. Guys vision is so bad. And his decision making is terrible too. On that play in the 3rd when he went side to side and lost 8 yards, I was just shaking my head. Million dollar talent with a 2 cent brain.
I think a Hyde/Fournette tandem with a shifty C.O.P. rookie could be a good way to go next season. Williams may prove to be good depth/rotation.

Camp/preseason will tell a new OC work out how they're best used. Though if they hire the right OC - he'll know after a few days of watching tape on them.

Fournette seems to be playing himself out of the bellcow role if you ask me. A better line will help him a lot though.
It seems, if I recall, that 3.4Nette was still on the injured list this week with a foot issue.
3.4ournette

That is funny right there. I laughed

He’s not a bust in my opinion
(12-23-2018, 08:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]It seems, if I recall, that 3.4Nette was still on the injured list this week with a foot issue.

Hes been injured since college... He's always injured, so who cares. He's always going to be injured throughout his entire career.

A big RB with chronic foot/ankle injuries dating back to college, isn't going to have them magically go away now. He's going to have ankle/foot issues his entire career, along with whatever other injuries he adds to that list along the way.
He doesn't have the shifty moves in the backfield like a runner like Kamara. Defenses are throwing run blitzes at him. (zero fear of passing game) Give him a powerful offensive line that doesn't get pushed backwards.......and watch him shine. Just wondering but how many times has he fumbled in these 2 years?
I saw a joke a while ago about renaming him Threenette, but 3.4nette is even better.
The offensive line is terrible and fournette was playing solid till Newell and linder went out. I think Newell was turning a corner before he got hurt and was starting to play at his pro bowl level form. Fournette will be ok when the offensive line comes back healthy next year.
Post should be Fournette and Hyde
(12-23-2018, 11:40 PM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: [ -> ]The offensive line is terrible and fournette was playing solid till Newell and linder went out. I think Newell was turning a corner before he got hurt and was starting to play at his pro bowl level form. Fournette will be ok when the offensive line comes back healthy next year.

Who's newell
LF27 was the impetus behind our first scoring drive. On 2nd and short, 3rd and short etc. He ran hard, made somwthing out of nothing and got the line to gain. People "wahhh" about his yards per carry but ignore the situational football involved as well as down and distance; "oh em gee 3.4nette only got 3 yards on that run hes turrribblleee" umm no he just comverted a first down and kept this drive alive which is something this offense has failed to do all season. Both Hyde and Fournette rattled off chunk gains the few times they werent met in the backfield by defenders as soon as they got the handoff and looked explosive the few times plays were decently blocked. Anyone who thinks LF27 or Hyde are the problem doesnt watch football both are studs who keyed the win today and will key many next year quit the [BLEEP] whining