Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Peter King's Article (Campbell/O-Line references)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of tidbits from today's FMIA article on PFT...

Quote:The Chargers’ offensive line was in shambles Saturday night, and the Pro Football Focus numbers proved it: 20 quarterback hurries. Twenty! By man:
Left tackle Russell Okung: four hurries.
Left guard Dan Feeney: two hurries.
Center Mike Pouncey: four hurries.
Right guard Michael Schofield: two hurries.
Right tackle Sam Tevi: eight hurries.

I read this and shake my head.  Whenever non Jaguars familiar analysts talk about how disappointing the Jaguars are, they talk about Bortles, they talk about how the defense has fallen off, but very few mention the carnage along the OL.  But any other team with a fraction of our injuries would have the violins playing.

By a man, this would be a vast upgrade over our current injury laden OL.

Calais Campbell wins one of his defensive player of the week awards...

Quote:Calais Campbell, defensive end, Jacksonville. The ageless one (how can it be he’s only 32?) led a defensive effort that smothered the Dolphins for most of Sunday. For the last 54 minutes of a 17-7 win in Miami, Jacksonville allowed 100 yards and zero points. Campbell contributed a sack, three hits on Ryan Tannehill, a forced fumble and a recovered fumble. I’ve got so much admiration for Campbell. Meaningless game or not, he’s playing every snap hard. I know players should do that, and many do, but certainly not all.

My general rule is to keep a team as young and talented as possible for as long as possible.

But somehow we gotta find a way to keep him around another year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/
Why was this moved to the division?

There was zero reference to the tacks, Colts, or Tinhorns.
(12-24-2018, 10:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Why was this moved to the division?

I see no record of it being moved. Is it possible you started it in the Div. by mistake?
(12-24-2018, 10:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2018, 10:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Why was this moved to the division?

I see no record of it being moved. Is it possible you started it in the Div. by mistake?

Entirely possible.

If so, mea culpa.
I watched the Chargers/Baltimore game (only when the Chargers were on offense.) Good Lord, the Ravens blitzed constantly and the Chargers had no answer. The right side of their O-Line was getting decimated. Rivers had no time what so ever.
(12-24-2018, 09:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of tidbits from today's FMIA article on PFT...

Quote:The Chargers’ offensive line was in shambles Saturday night, and the Pro Football Focus numbers proved it: 20 quarterback hurries. Twenty! By man:
Left tackle Russell Okung: four hurries.
Left guard Dan Feeney: two hurries.
Center Mike Pouncey: four hurries.
Right guard Michael Schofield: two hurries.
Right tackle Sam Tevi: eight hurries.

I read this and shake my head.  Whenever non Jaguars familiar analysts talk about how disappointing the Jaguars are, they talk about Bortles, they talk about how the defense has fallen off, but very few mention the carnage along the OL.  But any other team with a fraction of our injuries would have the violins playing.

By a man, this would be a vast upgrade over our current injury laden OL.

Calais Campbell wins one of his defensive player of the week awards...

Quote:Calais Campbell, defensive end, Jacksonville. The ageless one (how can it be he’s only 32?) led a defensive effort that smothered the Dolphins for most of Sunday. For the last 54 minutes of a 17-7 win in Miami, Jacksonville allowed 100 yards and zero points. Campbell contributed a sack, three hits on Ryan Tannehill, a forced fumble and a recovered fumble. I’ve got so much admiration for Campbell. Meaningless game or not, he’s playing every snap hard. I know players should do that, and many do, but certainly not all.

My general rule is to keep a team as young and talented as possible for as long as possible.

But somehow we gotta find a way to keep him around another year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

Agree with both.

We can afford to keep Campbell, and besides still playing at a high level, he's a strong positive presence in the locker room. I'd also like to keep Darius, who has been mentioned in salary cap cuts. Cutting Jackson and Parnell (along with Church who was already cut) should be enough.
(12-24-2018, 12:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I watched the Chargers/Baltimore game (only when the Chargers were on offense.) Good Lord, the Ravens blitzed constantly and the Chargers had no answer. The right side of their O-Line was getting decimated. Rivers had no time what so ever.

How is your name The O-Matters but then you picked the Chargers to go all the way? We all knew the Chargers oline qs horrendous.  Their oline has always been there downfall
I want to know what the story is with Forrest Lamp. He has been a healthy scratch for LAC and their line is nothing to brag about.

I was huge on him coming out in the draft. Maybe we can trade Malik for him straight up?