Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone: Bortles will start -Chark practicing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Per Marone Blake Bortels will start. Chark is healthy and will practice. 4Net not practicing today.
Lol we have no idea what's going on week to week. At this point benching bortles was pointless
This is why I want Marrone out of here. The injuries suck. I get it. That drum has been beaten enough around here. But it's the inconsistencies and timing with his decision making that I can't stomach anymore.

Between the timeline of when he was pulled at home against the tinhorns, to the job being publicly declared open for business but then roughly 24 hours later he declares Bortles the starter which left no guessing games for Pederson and the Eagles that weekend going into the London match up. Then he cans Hackett and benches Blake the same day. Which to me is confusing.

Because by his actions he was saying BOTH of them were the problem. But shouldn't you have given your long term pal a shot with Kessler first BEFORE canning him? And now we're back to Blake again with Milanovich calling essentially the same lame [BLEEP] stuff we saw all year with Hackett.

Just don't get it. I mean. I get the idea of having Bortles start now. Given that this offensive line is pure trash and Kessler was just basically running around like a smaller version of Bortles. But just the inconsistencies from him as a coach with his decision making. Just don't trust him moving forward.
Bortles gives the team the best chance to win.
This is a sign of a franchise that has no idea what it is doing. But honestly, the lack of prudence started before this season, when the Jags didn't do something to improve the QB position. I remember when Marrone was asked about the 2nd string QB and him saying that they had a plan. If Kessler was that plan, this was a double fail.
Good. Got tired of watching weak armed diminutive statue Kessler. Put in a college spread offense and just let Bortles do his run around gunslinging thang like his UCF days.
(12-26-2018, 02:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]This is why I want Marrone out of here. The injuries suck. I get it. That drum has been beaten enough around here. But it's the inconsistencies and timing with his decision making that I can't stomach anymore.

Between the timeline of when he was pulled at home against the tinhorns, to the job being publicly declared open for business but then roughly 24 hours later he declares Bortles the starter which left no guessing games for Pederson and the Eagles that weekend going into the London match up. Then he cans Hackett and benches Blake the same day. Which to me is confusing.

Because by his actions he was saying BOTH of them were the problem. But shouldn't you have given your long term pal a shot with Kessler first BEFORE canning him? And now we're back to Blake again with Milanovich calling essentially the same lame [BLEEP] stuff we saw all year with Hackett.

Just don't get it. I mean. I get the idea of having Bortles start now. Given that this offensive line is pure trash and Kessler was just basically running around like a smaller version of Bortles. But just the inconsistencies from him as a coach with his decision making. Just don't trust him moving forward.

The bold is about the only thing that made since. Granted the timing came off as a far too little too late. But Hackett didn't help this crippled offense what so ever. His play calling was some of the most confusing and bland that I have seen in a while. At the beginning of the year I posted a few of Blake's passing charts from the pats game and then the titans first game. they were soo drastically inconsistent that it was hard to believe that the same team committed them only a week apart. I know part of it lies on Blake but the play calling did him no favors. 

The thing that bothers me about this whole regime is how reactive all of their decisions seem to be. It gives me this feeling like they have no real direction or plan for anything and are just constantly making moves in an attempt to not look totally stupid. 

I know that we got lucky last year in that we didn't have many injuries at key positions but our luck clearly ran out this year. But it has become pretty evident there is a complete lack of depth at just about every position and the complete lack of an alternative scheme if things don't fall exactly as planned. 

This team has way too much talent at starting positions to be in the situation they find themselves in now. It sucks but the only thing we can do I guess is play damage control and limp to finish of this year and make sure this doesn't happen again next season. I think is starts with not winning a meaningless game on Sunday again to further mess our draft stock up.
At least we confirmed Kessler is not the answer either.
(12-26-2018, 02:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]At least we confirmed Kessler is not the answer either.

There is no answer this year and there never really was. People just want to think you can throw any schmoe from the street out there and play with the big boys, and with one maybe you can, but 8? Nah.  Kessler is now being judged on his ability to do the impossible, and that's not fair to him either.
Bortles will ball out. Guaranteed. Cant wait to see the dumb texan fans disappear forever
The double down is in progress. Back to the future 2019. We're number 4... we're number 4. 8-8 Here we come.
I imagine they started Kessler to see if he had any value next year as a backup once they knew Bortles was no longer in the plans. I think Bortles is starting again because they know Kessler is not the answer even as a backup and Marrone is probably feeling the heat to put up some offensive points, win or lose.
(12-26-2018, 02:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2018, 02:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]At least we confirmed Kessler is not the answer either.

There is no answer this year and there never really was. People just want to think you can throw any schmoe from the street out there and play with the big boys, and with one maybe you can, but 8? Nah.  Kessler is now being judged on his ability to do the impossible, and that's not fair to him either.

Couldn't agree more. It is just astonishing how bad our injury bug was this year. It really puts last season into perspective as far as how much things really fell in line for one season and how many bullets we dodged on the injury front.
Just because I wanna ruin the Texans season, and with BB% we have a good chance to win, I don't mind this
DO NOT BE FOOLED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[font=Arial]Bortles finished last season on a high note then turned into bad Blake again.  Too me this game is irrelevant on where Bortles stands on the team.[/font]
NFL probably hopes we win. Sunday night Titans v Colts game would be for the division. Crazy.
Kessler is banged up and had a long enough audition for them to know they don't want him as a bridge (or likely as a back-up either) next year.

Doesn't matter. No QB is gonna be effective with Flowers at LT, Reed at LG, and Omameh at RT.
Bortles is gonna throw for 300+ yards, 4 TDS, and 0 INT lol.
(12-26-2018, 02:57 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles will ball out. Guaranteed. Cant wait to see the dumb texan fans disappear forever

He very well might and that's part of the problem, wildly inconsistent from game to game.
More wondering about 4net not practicing. Will he be the healthy Scratch RB this week???
Pages: 1 2