Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How bad was the 2018 Jags offense? Inside the Numbers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  • Pts/G 31st
  • Yds/G 27th
  • Yds per play 30th
  • Turnover differential 30th (-12)
  • Passing yds 26th
  • Passing TDs 30th (15 all year)
  • Passing plays of 40+ Yds 31st (3 all year)
  • Passing plays of 20+ yds 27th
  • Sacks given up 29th (53)
  • QB Rating 28th
  • Avg yds rush 26th
  • Rushing yds 19th (#1 last year)
  • Rushing TDs 30th (7 all year)
This maybe the worst Jaguars offense of all time.
The worst? What about 2011, 12, and 13?
This offense ultimately set all time franchise low's here and there in a few key areas. A lot of it came from a plethora of injuries. I haven't seen this many injuries to the offensive line in one season. It was pretty brutal. The strength and conditioning position needs to be addressed this week. They may even want to consider adding onto that department to get this team back in shape for 2019.

As bad as it was this year. We can only hope the only way is up in 2019. I don't care if they drop the 7th overall pick for Haskins or Grier. But they need to get the QB position right this time. They have another 2nd RD pick and a pair of 3's to move up with if they feel they can secure another OL, WR, RB or TE. But if the first three to four picks are not on offense I will be pretty shocked.
(12-31-2018, 01:49 AM)Russian Wrote: [ -> ]The worst? What about 2011, 12, and 13?

Yeah those were really bad years, especially 2011. People tend to suffer from recency bias when evaluating the latest year. Smile
Look at the bright side at least we were not 32nd in anything!
(12-31-2018, 08:47 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the bright side at least we were not 32nd in anything!

Very true we do have that going for us.  Honestly this is the reflection of a bad offensive building plan and getting bad results from the draft.  Just seems like we have missed a bunch.  Injuries hurt sure but I'm not sure we would have sustained the 3-1 start anyway.
(12-31-2018, 07:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]This offense ultimately set all time franchise low's here and there in a few key areas. A lot of it came from a plethora of injuries. I haven't seen this many injuries to the offensive line in one season. It was pretty brutal. The strength and conditioning position needs to be addressed this week. They may even want to consider adding onto that department to get this team back in shape for 2019.

As bad as it was this year. We can only hope the only way is up in 2019. I don't care if they drop the 7th overall pick for Haskins or Grier. But they need to get the QB position right this time. They have another 2nd RD pick and a pair of 3's to move up with if they feel they can secure another OL, WR, RB or TE. But if the first three to four picks are not on offense I will be pretty shocked.

I thought 2008 was bad when in the first game of the year we lost the entire interior before halftime. LG Vince Manuwai torn ACL out for the year, C Meester Triceps injury - missed over half the season, RG Maurice Williams injured and out for the year.

This season has been far worse. It's not just injuries it's that injuries slammed very specific positions. The whole starting Oline was out at one point. but we went through 4 LT's, we lost all 3 TE's we brought to training camp, we lost our top 2 RB's and our 3rd RB (Yeldon) played hurt, against the Eagles Jalen played hurt and we were missing our 4 other CB's ... we started 2 guys off the street at CB2 and Nickel that game. And our WR's have been banged up after losing our best WR in preseason.

I thought 2008 was bad, and I knew we'd regress to the mean in terms of injuries but this year was just absurd. maybe the "tough training camp" wore them down a little too much and left them more susceptible to injury?? We were 3-1 and beat a VERY GOOD Patriots team before the injury bug hit.
Regardless of the qb situation, if the whole offensive line comes back healthy next year, the tight ends too, and grant and lee, the jags should be a 500 level team, but if they want to go back to the play off they need to hit on a qb and add oline depth and a play maker at wr.
(01-01-2019, 10:29 PM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of the qb situation, if the whole offensive line comes back healthy next year, the tight ends too, and grant and lee, the jags should be a 500 level team, but if they want to go back to the play off they need to hit on a qb and add oline depth and a play maker at wr.

They went deep into the playoffs with a relatively healthy OL and a so-so QB. Having a good QB and a healthy line, you'd certainly hope they'd make it back to the playoffs. Every year is different, I get that but this defense is still going to be pretty good even with the expected cuts. I can't imagine the Jags would get hit as hard on the OL two years in a row (knock on wood).
A flashback of the 2018 see season