Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Secondary Post-ByeWeek
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I hope I misheard as I tuned in to Wash's presser mid-stream, but I thought he said they are looking at House and Amukamara outside with Colvin in the slot. 

I had really hoped for Ramsey/Amukamara outside with Colvin in the slot.  May be interesting to see this play out. 

EDIT: Wash meant that House & Amukamara were competing to start opposite Ramsey. Not starting ahead of him. 

Also in semi-related news - a secondary /ST signing to practice squad:

Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye  2h2 hours ago

#Jaguars[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png] sign S Marcus Ball to the practice squad. Played for Saints and Panthers, as well as CFL.

I hope that's not true. Finally get Jack on the field, and then you balance it out by removing Jalen? Wouldn't make sense. Especially keeping House on the field.
Quote:I hope that's not true. Finally get Jack on the field, and then you balance it out by removing Jalen? Wouldn't make sense. Especially keeping House on the field.
Agreed. 
If this happens I'll just quit
Ramsey is not coming off the field...no way.

Why would you take Ramsey off? He's been the best player on defense and for sure the best tackler. I don't think he has any missed tackles this year. I saw that stat somewhere.
Martineau on twitter saying Ramsey has to "earn it in practice" is his guess as to why Wash said that. 

My guess is that he will earn it. Will the coaches acknowledge that?  That's the question. Here's hoping.....

Quote:Martineau on twitter saying Ramsey has to "earn it in practice" is his guess as to why Wash said that.

My guess is that he will earn it. Will the coaches acknowledge that? That's the question. Here's hoping.....
If the coaches are saying Ramsey has to earn a spot as of now while house still sees the field, tells you how clueless this coaching staff is. Lol. I mean are you kidding me? Stupid is as stupid does.
Our coaches are even more dumb than I thought. If Jalen isn't starting Sunday, I'm not watching another game till they're fired.

Quote:Martineau on twitter saying Ramsey has to "earn it in practice" is his guess as to why Wash said that.

My guess is that he will earn it. Will the coaches acknowledge that? That's the question. Here's hoping.....

I guess Jeffery is now a big time threat... or whoever House is on.

Gus gonna Gus.
Maybe he meant they're looking at House/Prince competing for the other outside spot

Ugh oh, maybe Jalen already feels like he's above this team. (Which he is).
Quote:If the coaches are saying Ramsey has to earn a spot as of now while house still sees the field, tells you how clueless this coaching staff is. Lol. I mean are you kidding me? Stupid is as stupid does.

I guess Ramsey should stop playing well and instead, get burned and get flagged.

Pinche gus.
Quote:Maybe he meant they're looking at House/Prince competing for the other outside spot

Hell, that shouldn't even be a question, unless Prince isn't healthy.
Quote:If the coaches are saying Ramsey has to earn a spot as of now while house still sees the field, tells you how clueless this coaching staff is. Lol. I mean are you kidding me? Stupid is as stupid does.

The only way this makes sense is if Wash is simply paying respect to a vet FA signing (House) by not prematurely eliminating  him from his prior depth chart position in a presser.  That means they haven't made a formal decision yet but still might.

Of course  --  I would prefer that they already had made the adjustment by Wednesday of game week. 
Quote:The only way this makes sense is if Wash is simply paying respect to a vet FA signing (House) by not prematurely eliminating him from his prior depth chart position in a presser. That means they haven't made a formal decision yet but still might.

Of course -- I would prefer that they already had made the adjustment by Wednesday of game week.

Should have been decided at the end of the Colts game. House has been bad this year.
Quote:Should have been decided at the end of the Colts game. House has been bad this year.
Yes. He's regressed. It's like his weak moments from last season are happening twice as often instead of less. 

I hope this is just a coach being respectful of a vet and they are already ready to pull the trigger by bumping him down the depth chart.  They just aren't saying it yet and letting them split reps at practice.  

Fingers crossed. 
I choose to believe NYC is drunk. There's just no way the Staff puts Ramsey on the second tier. I can't see it happening.

Let's bench Ramsey great idea.
Quote:I choose to believe NYC is drunk. There's just no way the Staff puts Ramsey on the second tier. I can't see it happening.
Well I am on cold medicine....  
Pages: 1 2 3