Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone's end of season presser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hes basically admitting he lost control of the team. He confirmed the report about Fournette being true. The thing that shocked me was Marrone said that he had one player that "wouldnt go into a game" but "we took care of that internally". Wowww  How does this guy still have a job. He lost this team and players quit on him
should have been axed today with all the other head coaches around the league. the guy is clueless, and his 'aww shucks' jive doesn't work on me like it does some guys here
I guess it was Yeldon?
Wow. Did he really say a player refused to go into the game?
Whoever refused to go into the game, will it matter for their future in the league? Will they value this franchise saying things about them? Honestly if it is Yeldon, he was protecting his free agency. Yeldon fumbles too much but otherwise is a good back. He will probably be successful somewhere else. Honestly Fournette will be successful somewhere else as well. We are going to have fun. Happy New Year.
My guess would be Carlos Hyde. Regardless, thats a disgrace. Marrone should have been shown the door along with Dave, but this team loves status quo.
(12-31-2018, 01:34 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]My guess would be Carlos Hyde. Regardless, thats a disgrace.  Marrone should have been shown the door along with Dave, but this team loves status quo.

If that is true, wow the front office blew it with that trade.  This franchise is at a serious crossroads and man it feels like it won't end well for the town or the fans.
I'm at the point where you just don't want to hear anymore updates it gets worse by the hour
(12-31-2018, 01:37 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 01:34 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]My guess would be Carlos Hyde. Regardless, thats a disgrace.  Marrone should have been shown the door along with Dave, but this team loves status quo.

If that is true, wow the front office blew it with that trade.  This franchise is at a serious crossroads and man it feels like it won't end well for the town or the fans.

Was there a point when Hyde should have been in the game but wasn't?
It could have been Church. He was released out of the blue.
I thought Hyde played Sunday? Was it all Williams?
(12-31-2018, 01:41 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 01:37 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]If that is true, wow the front office blew it with that trade.  This franchise is at a serious crossroads and man it feels like it won't end well for the town or the fans.

Was there a point when Hyde should have been in the game but wasn't?

Got me they are handling it internally.  My guess would be Yeldon protecting his free agency.  I don't know but I do know this team is tough to love.  I still do but this is another one of those tough patches.  I use the Jags as a commitment example all the time.
Hyde ran like he refused to go into the game yesterday. Solid trade right there!
(12-31-2018, 01:45 PM)BigJohn98 Wrote: [ -> ]It could have been Church. He was released out of the blue.

Good point.
(12-31-2018, 01:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm at the point where you just don't want to hear anymore updates it gets worse by the hour

Aren't we used to this by now lol
(12-31-2018, 03:20 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 01:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm at the point where you just don't want to hear anymore updates it gets worse by the hour

Aren't we used to this by now lol

Except for that one year out of ten.
God it was nice to not be the laughingstock of the league for one year...
You know what I noticed from his presser is that every time he was asked what the most important attributes that a player can have when they’re evaluating the roster, he consistently said availability and coach ability. He also said that he spoke with the team about how important these characteristics are. It just made me think slightly that Doug was hinting at keeping Bortles. I mean you won’t find a more injury resilient quarterback, and from any report or coach talk I’ve ever heard or read regarding Blake he’s very coach able, as well as being a great teammate. Just my 2 cents.
Is Marrone going to initiate Operation Opt Out again?
(12-31-2018, 04:04 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]God it was nice to not be the laughingstock of the league for one year...

And you were not.....last year. It looks like the Browns are done being the annual joke at this point. And hey, 
at least your DC was not so aloof to not realize a major player was on IR in the biggest game of the season; Butler
thought Eifert of Cinci was a major concern, even thought he was put on IR in Oct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was clueless. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25634...orried-him

Beat that.
Pages: 1 2