Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Your ideal coaching staff changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since Marrone is locked in for next year, what changes, if any would you like to see made to the existing coaching staff? 

OC preferences:

Adam Gase

Dirk Koetter

Freddie Kitchens - assuming Gregg Williams is replaced

Hue Jackson

DC preferences:

Steve Wilks

Mike Pettine

Vance Joseph 

Wishful thinking:

LB coach/defensive run game coordinator - Poz
I gotta know what positions we will need. Who is getting replaced? No one has been fired yet. Hopefully we will at least need an OC and a QB coach.
(12-31-2018, 03:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta know what positions we will need. Who is getting replaced? No one has been fired yet. Hopefully we will at least need an OC and a QB coach.

It’s a speculation thread on changes that YOU would make. There’s a pretty good chance we’ll be getting a new OC (since we don’t have one).
Gary Kubiak OC
Steve Wilks DC
(12-31-2018, 03:56 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 03:53 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta know what positions we will need. Who is getting replaced? No one has been fired yet. Hopefully we will at least need an OC and a QB coach.

It’s a speculation thread on changes that YOU would make. There’s a pretty good chance we’ll be getting a new OC (since we don’t have one).

We actually do, Milanovich. Has he been relieved of his duties yet? He sucks as an OC and QB coach.
(12-31-2018, 04:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 03:56 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]It’s a speculation thread on changes that YOU would make. There’s a pretty good chance we’ll be getting a new OC (since we don’t have one).

We actually do, Milanovich. Has he been relieved of his duties yet? He sucks as an OC and QB coach.

We actually don’t. You may want to check Jaguars.com.

He doesn’t have the OC title.

https://www.jaguars.com/team/coaches-roster/
So RB coach, DB coach, O-line coach, and D-Line coach along with OC all now have vacancies.
They should have shown mccardell the door too. Figured him before d line and db coaches.
(12-31-2018, 03:49 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Since Marrone is locked in for next year, what changes, if any would you like to see made to the existing coaching staff? 

OC preferences:

Adam Gase- failed in mimia as HC. not any good

Dirk Koetter- failed in tampa bay  with a super star qb,plus din't he fail once in jacksonville before as well.

Freddie Kitchens - assuming Gregg Williams is replaced- hes a unfamilier name

Hue Jackson-failed in clevleand with a superstar qb

DC preferences:

Steve Wilks- 3-13 with cards sounds like another loser coach to me

Mike Pettine- whos he? never heard of him.

Vance Joseph -failed in denver as a HC another loser

Wishful thinking:

LB coach/defensive run game coordinator - Poz- he would be great for it. Hes a natrual leader,and knows displine . Jags should really consider him. 

just my 2 cents.
(12-31-2018, 10:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]So RB coach, DB coach, O-line coach, and D-Line coach along with OC all now have vacancies.

Sounds like Marrone hasn't made his mind on Wash as well:

https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/10...1601764352
(12-31-2018, 03:49 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Since Marrone is locked in for next year, what changes, if any would you like to see made to the existing coaching staff? 

OC preferences:

Adam Gase

Dirk Koetter

Freddie Kitchens - assuming Gregg Williams is replaced

Hue Jackson

DC preferences:

Steve Wilks

Mike Pettine

Vance Joseph 

Wishful thinking:

LB coach/defensive run game coordinator - Poz

Actually I like all those choices, except maybe Vance Joseph but it wouldn't bother me that much if they bring him.
Give me Gase and Pettine, every thing after that is fine with me.
Marrone should be treated as a lame duck coach to any prospective coaches.

No idea why an upcoming OC would come here. It's pretty likely they won't have a job in a years time and they be signing up with no starting QB on the roster. Bad career move.

Add in some questionable team chemistry and offensive philosophy issues too.
(01-01-2019, 02:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone should be treated as a lame duck coach to any prospective coaches.  

No idea why an upcoming OC would come here. It's pretty likely  they won't have a job in a years time and they be signing up with no starting QB on the roster. Bad career move.

Eh, I don't know. 

Candidates with any confidence in their ability to do their job well may choose to see a team with a defense that will provide no small amount of cushion for their offense.  And they may see Marrone as the guy who could have taken his team to the super bowl in 2017 with a more creative and aggressive offensive play-caller in place. 

Certainly such a candidate would want some assurances about the team's intentions from a personnel standpoint, but I don't see candidates calling this a "bad career move."  It's not going to be on the top of every candidates wish list, but it could be a great opportunity for a talented play caller if the team succeeds in finding an upgrade at QB and bolstering their line.
(01-01-2019, 02:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone should be treated as a lame duck coach to any prospective coaches.  

No idea why an upcoming OC would come here. It's pretty likely  they won't have a job in a years time and they be signing up with no starting QB on the roster. Bad career move.

Your perspective is not Shad's perspective, any idea that Marrone is even on a warm seat is your biased supposition.
Ideally? Marrone and company should be canned to get the best staff they can get. Nobody wants to be with Marrone. It’s going to be a Coughlin guy. I’m putting my money that it’s going to be Mcadoo for OC and Wash at DC.
(01-01-2019, 03:07 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Ideally? Marrone and company should be canned to get the best staff they can get. Nobody wants to be with Marrone. It’s going to be a Coughlin guy. I’m putting my money that it’s going to be Mcadoo for OC and Wash at DC.

Where do you guys come up with this bull [BLEEP]? You should see a doctor to help flush it out.
(01-01-2019, 03:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

Your perspective is not Shad's perspective, any idea that Marrone is even on a warm seat is your biased supposition.

I like Marrone. He won't survive another bad season next year, that is the definition of being on a warm seat.
(01-01-2019, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Eh, I don't know. 

Candidates with any confidence in their ability to do their job well may choose to see a team with a defense that will provide no small amount of cushion for their offense.  And they may see Marrone as the guy who could have taken his team to the super bowl in 2017 with a more creative and aggressive offensive play-caller in place. 

Certainly such a candidate would want some assurances about the team's intentions from a personnel standpoint, but I don't see candidates calling this a "bad career move."  It's not going to be on the top of every candidates wish list, but it could be a great opportunity for a talented play caller if the team succeeds in finding an upgrade at QB and bolstering their line.

The last part is the important part. The new OC will be tasked with fixing an offense except he'll have to sign the contract without knowing who the QB might be. That's a big leap for any OC but especially for younger guys who are moving up the ladder. You'd have to have some good faith in A) This team finding a QB and B) Getting good performance out of them year 1.
(01-01-2019, 03:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2019, 03:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Your perspective is not Shad's perspective, any idea that Marrone is even on a warm seat is your biased supposition.

I like Marrone. He won't survive another bad season next year, that is the definition of being on a warm seat.

[Image: giphy.webp]
Pages: 1 2