Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I am rolling the DICE.....on the OC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Darell Bevell is hired as OC,  we move up in the draft to get Haskins or we draft a surprise QB in the later rounds similar to Wilson....instead of moving up...and Bortles will be the bridge QB in 2019.

Go you are on the clock.
I was hoping for Koetter--but it looks like the Falcons are going to hire him for their OC.
Bevell, run run pass lives on baby. "With the 7th pick of the 2019 NFL draft. The Jacksonville Jaguars, select, Kyler Murray, quarterback, Oklahoma"

Chaaaammmpppiiioonnsshhiippp
Darrell Bevell would ruin any "less than mobile" QB with his run, run, and throw a bubble screen on third and long philosophy.
(01-09-2019, 12:52 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping for Koetter--but it looks like the Falcons are going to hire him for their OC.

Good. They can have his run-run-pass-punt offense. Bevell was Russell Wilson's OC. He oversaw the Vikings offense in the late '00s, when Brett Favre lit it up one last time. I want that guy running this offense, not another "ball control, pound it out" type.
(01-09-2019, 12:00 AM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]If Darell Bevell is hired as OC,  we move up in the draft to get Haskins or we draft a surprise QB in the later rounds similar to Wilson....instead of moving up...and Bortles will be the bridge QB in 2019.

Go you are on the clock.

Bevell is fine not exciting and not disappointed if they chose him, but Bortles will be gone man.
(01-09-2019, 12:00 AM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]If Darell Bevell is hired as OC,  we move up in the draft to get Haskins or we draft a surprise QB in the later rounds similar to Wilson....instead of moving up...and Bortles will be the bridge QB in 2019.

Go you are on the clock.

Yeah, because a Russell Wilson is available in every draft.
Unless we move up, Haskins goes to the Giants. That leaves us with a choice between Daniel Jones and Will Grier. I prefer Jones, but I won't cry over Grier. If either of those are there at 7, you take him. No playing games about waiting to the 2nd round or trying to move back up into the 1st. Get your guy and move on.
(01-09-2019, 02:43 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2019, 12:52 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping for Koetter--but it looks like the Falcons are going to hire him for their OC.

Good. They can have his run-run-pass-punt offense. Bevell was Russell Wilson's OC. He oversaw the Vikings offense in the late '00s, when Brett Favre lit it up one last time. I want that guy running this offense, not another "ball control, pound it out" type.

Did you see Koetter's offense last year in Tampa?
(01-09-2019, 01:05 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Bevell, run run pass lives on baby.   "With the 7th pick of the 2019 NFL draft. The Jacksonville Jaguars, select, Kyler Murray,  quarterback, Oklahoma"

IF Kyler Murray enters the draft, that would be a good pick. IMO.

(01-09-2019, 08:07 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]Unless we move up, Haskins goes to the Giants.  That leaves us with a choice between Daniel Jones and Will Grier.  I prefer Jones, but I won't cry over Grier.  If either of those are there at 7, you take him.  No playing games about waiting to the 2nd round or trying to move back up into the 1st.  Get your guy and move on.

Please, no Daniel Jones.
(01-09-2019, 09:44 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2019, 01:05 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Bevell, run run pass lives on baby.   "With the 7th pick of the 2019 NFL draft. The Jacksonville Jaguars, select, Kyler Murray,  quarterback, Oklahoma"

(01-09-2019, 08:07 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]Unless we move up, Haskins goes to the Giants.  That leaves us with a choice between Daniel Jones and Will Grier.  I prefer Jones, but I won't cry over Grier.  If either of those are there at 7, you take him.  No playing games about waiting to the 2nd round or trying to move back up into the 1st.  Get your guy and move on.

Please, no Daniel Jones.

Certainly not at 7.

(I wish people would give up on the Kyler Murray thing... he's not coming to the NFL lol and also... we can not wait for a "better" QB in another draft)
(01-09-2019, 09:44 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]

At 7!?!?!?!

Was it shag that used to post the WoW ? Cuz I think that fits here.
(01-09-2019, 12:05 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2019, 09:44 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]IF Kyler Murray enters the draft, that would be a good pick. IMO.

At 7!?!?!?!

Was it shag that used to post the WoW ? Cuz I think that fits here.

I said #7 Because Kyler Murray has a similar game to Russell Wilson and Bevell OC'd Russell Wilson.   No way I would draft Kyler Murray, he too short and small stature, but you never know.
Where Brad Childress goes so does Teddy.....

As the 9th pick in the MLB draft he signed a $4.76M contract with Oakland.   He could do a reverse Russell Wilson.
But, why?  $4.76M is pretty strong.
(01-09-2019, 03:40 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]

As the 9th pick in the MLB draft he signed a $4.76M contract with Oakland.   He could do a reverse Russell Wilson.
But, why?  $4.76M is pretty strong.

Kyler is 5'8". No thanks.
Just throwing it out there. How would people feel about Gase? Not getting a lot of love for HC roles open. 

I'm not saying he's my guy, also can't believe Arians gone to the Bucs.
(01-09-2019, 07:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Just throwing it out there. How would people feel about Gase? Not getting a lot of love for HC roles open. 

I'm not saying he's my guy, also can't believe Arians gone to the Bucs.

Welp
(01-09-2019, 08:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2019, 02:43 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Good. They can have his run-run-pass-punt offense. Bevell was Russell Wilson's OC. He oversaw the Vikings offense in the late '00s, when Brett Favre lit it up one last time. I want that guy running this offense, not another "ball control, pound it out" type.

Did you see Koetter's offense last year in Tampa?

He clearly didn't.