Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Some good footage on Fournette
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Brutal. Can't see why anyone is or could be upset with this pick.

Quote:Brutal. Can't see why anyone is or could be upset with this pick.
because out of 36 games we have won 12.  And stats have shown with a stronger rushing offense. He has won 4 games out of 36.  This solved nothing.  But.. It is to be expected.  With no qb.   Whos coming out in 2018 again?   
Quote:Brutal. Can't see why anyone is or could be upset with this pick.

because it's too high

a RB at 4th??? we could have slid way way back and still got dalvin cook is a beast in his own right
Quote:because it's too high

a RB at 4th??? we could have slid way way back and still got dalvin cook is a beast in his own right

We could have but didnt. So get over it
Leonard is going to be greater than Fred and Maurice when it's all said and done. He and Blake and The Allen Brovas and Marqise and Corey Grant and this defense will win it all.  More than once.

Quote:because out of 36 games we have won 12.  And stats have shown with a stronger rushing offense. He has won 4 games out of 36.  This solved nothing.  But.. It is to be expected.  With no qb.   Whos coming out in 2018 again?   
It must be hard to be a jag fan for so long and you can't even get excited about getting what can be and I believe will be a hall of fame running back in this years draft. I guess the glass will all ways be half empty for you.

If the RB is elite then it isn't too high. That's a silly notion. So no matter if he turns into a HOF player because he is a RB it's too high to take him? This whole RB can be found anywhere in the draft talk has gotten out of control. You can say that for every position. Now if he isn't a top 5 back in a few years then yes, #4 was too high. But it won't be because he is simply a RB.
Quote:If the RB is elite then it isn't too high. That's a silly notion. So no matter if he turns into a HOF player because he is a RB it's too high to take him? This whole RB can be found anywhere in the draft talk has gotten out of control. You can say that for every position. Now if he isn't a top 5 back in a few years then yes, #4 was too high. But it won't be because he is simply a RB.
Last year i thought i Zeke was way over drafted especially considering the cowboys needed to address D and Ramsey was on the board. Then he fell to me in the third round of my fantasy draft and i took him after taking Bell and Julio(had a great fantasy year lol). I had to start him because bell was suspended the first four of last year and, needless to say, minus the bye week he never hit the bench again. Before last year i would have agreed that first round RB's are risky at best, but that kid destroyed that notion for me. Of course there is a risk involved with taking any body with a top10/top5 pick, But for every trent richardson, there is a AP or a Zeke out there.
Quote:Last year i thought i Zeke was way over drafted especially considering the cowboys needed to address D and Ramsey was on the board. Then he fell to me in the third round of my fantasy draft and i took him after taking Bell and Julio(had a great fantasy year lol). I had to start him because bell was suspended the first four of last year and, needless to say, minus the bye week he never hit the bench again. Before last year i would have agreed that first round RB's are risky at best, but that kid destroyed that notion for me. Of course there is a risk involved with taking any body with a top10/top5 pick, But for every trent richardson, there is a AP or a Zeke out there.

lol no there isn't, AP's don't grow on trees and MOST rb's do not pan out 

this guy also has injury concerns which is the biggest issue. If he did not have that, I still wouldn't like the pick but it wouldn't be that much of an issue

durability concerns at 4th overall? come on..
I really wanted Hooker but I am happy with Fournette too  Smile

It's crazy how people forget that Fournette this time last year people were saying he should sit out last season because he
was future number one overall pick! He obviously had a ankle injury last year but it's not like it was a knee or achilles
lol ... it's actually kind of humorous to see those guys get plowed over.  what the heck was the Auburn defender thinking when he jumped over his back; i guess at least he didn't get plowed over -- HA! 

Quote:Leonard is going to be greater than Fred ...

Crazy talk. 

This isn't fantasy football.

Freddie T was pick nine. If he had been pick four then suddenly he sucked and was not worth it?

If you like them, take them. Pick number is really inconsequential at that point.
People said MJD was going to break all of Fred's records when he was playing.  Let's slow our roll on the Fournette is going to be better than Fred talk.  There are MANY things that could happen that would prevent that line of thinking from being the case.  At the very least, let's get thru rookie mini camp and training camp first.  Have we not learned anything?

We could have?

You do realize someone would have to be willing to trade up to our spot for that to happen and there is absolutely no indication that anyone was interested in doing that.

Quote:lol no there isn't, AP's don't grow on trees and MOST rb's do not pan out 

this guy also has injury concerns which is the biggest issue. If he did not have that, I still wouldn't like the pick but it wouldn't be that much of an issue

durability concerns at 4th overall? come on..

I keep seeing that he "has injury issues" on here. He had a high ankle sprain last year whicb typically lingers like a hamstring until you can really rest. He never had a single other injury at LSU. Didn't miss a game in bis first 2 seasons. He is fine now.

He also didnt drop a ton of passes, as I keep seeing here. He is a good, not great pass receiver. Far from poor though.
Quote:We could have?

You do realize someone would have to be willing to trade up to our spot for that to happen and there is absolutely no indication that anyone was interested in doing that.

Rubbish. You just have to keep trying until someone takes the trade.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments...for_draft/
Pages: 1 2