Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - NFL rescinds fine on Calais Campbell for Big Ben hit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NFL rescinds fine on Calais Campbell for Big Ben hit

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ig-ben-hit

The NFL has rescinded its $20,054 fine against defensive end Calais Campbell, who was penalized for a hit on Ben Roethlisberger in a November game between the Jaguars and Steelers.
(01-11-2019, 02:25 PM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]NFL rescinds fine on Calais Campbell for Big Ben hit

The NFL has rescinded its $20,054 fine against defensive end Calais Campbell, who was penalized for a hit on Ben Roethlisberger in a November game between the Jaguars and Steelers.

So do they take back the $20k from the charity (I read somewhere all fines are distributed to charities)?

Or just take it out of the NFL coffers?
(01-11-2019, 02:28 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2019, 02:25 PM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]NFL rescinds fine on Calais Campbell for Big Ben hit

So do they take back the $20k from the charity (I read somewhere all fines are distributed to charities)?

If he appealed the fine then he hasn't paid it yet.
(01-11-2019, 03:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2019, 02:28 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]So do they take back the $20k from the charity (I read somewhere all fines are distributed to charities)?

If he appealed the fine then he hasn't paid it yet.

Ahh gotcha, I just assumed they had to pay the fine before their next game or they don't play.
And what about the interception that was taken off the board?
(01-11-2019, 03:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2019, 03:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]If he appealed the fine then he hasn't paid it yet.

Ahh gotcha, I just assumed they had to pay the fine before their next game or they don't play.

From what I heard, it's taken out of their paycheck automatically (if they don't appeal of course).
(01-11-2019, 05:03 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]And what about the interception that was taken off the board?

Myles Jack gets screwed again.
(01-11-2019, 05:10 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2019, 05:03 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]And what about the interception that was taken off the board?

Myles Jack Intercepted it!

Calais Campbell:  Gee thanks, NFL.

Jaguars fans:  Gee thanks, NFL.
This is pretty meaningless......since it doesn't undo the damage done....which was loss of the interception and probably having a W instead of a L.
Basically symbolic at best....maybe the NFL feels better but oh well.  Undecided
(01-11-2019, 05:10 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]

The guys a damn jinx!!! Smile

Lol, justice, NFL style (may take a few weeks and largely for PR!)
Can't have the Bart Starr winner with a personal foul/fine on his resume' as he accepts the award now can we?