Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars interview Mike McCoy for OC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't hate it.
Now that's bottom of the barrell
(01-15-2019, 01:22 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Now that's bottom of the barrell

How so?
Would be a great hire for the Jags tbh. When you can hook up Mike McCoy & Terry Robiskie, you have to do it. #That70sOffense #Slowtime

courtesy of a tacks fan

Let's face it, with Marrone and Coughlin, it's a boring offense or nothing.
Just read he’s been fired midseason by the last two teams he worked for.
I mean, the points (lack of) scored by his offenses the past two years have to be a bit of a red flag.
Even if you account for some injuries and poor QB play. 27th and 31st in the league is scary.
Gotta go back to 2009 and 2012 to find productive offenses that he ran.
Color me skeptical.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardi...-named-oc/

Ouch.. we are interviewing a guy that got fired for Byron Leftwich.
(01-15-2019, 01:25 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]

How so?

It's horrifying, just look at how McCoy used David Johnson this past season. It would literally only further entrench us in pounding it up the middle every play. Please god no.

Bevell is looking more and more appealing by the second.
Won't be bottom of the barrel until we call up Jed Fisch
I've solved the riddle.

The Jags are hiring an OC in title only and Coughlin is going to call the plays from the box upstairs - Martz style.

Laughing
im telling ya Ben Macado is somwhere in the building waiting to be announced as the OC LOL

How so?
In his last 2 OC jobs, he's been fired before Thanksgiving. He is the absolute worst possible hire right now. Worse than Milanovich.
Is the Front Office just trying to scare us out of being fans? I mean what's going on?

How so?

Because his track record is awful.   

Even though I know folks don't like hearing anything about track record when it comes to coaches.....
Am I the only one that thinks firing Hackett was a mistake? Thought it was the day they did it and even more now. He called some impressive games over his time on this team with a very flawed offensive roster. It fell apart last year with injuries and Bortles losing his head, no one would have been successful. Offense regressed even more when he left.
Ya know... I hate conspiracy theories. I hate the thought of the Jags moving.

But man... all these hires and interviews scream... we don't know what we are doing, no one credible come here, we are failing on purpose to lose fan support.
(01-15-2019, 02:14 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one that thinks firing Hackett was a mistake? Thought it was the day they did it and even more now. He called some impressive games over his time on this team with a very flawed offensive roster. It fell apart last year with injuries and Bortles losing his head, no one would have been successful. Offense regressed even more when he left.
I've always thought Hackett was hamstrung by Blake.
(01-15-2019, 02:14 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one that thinks firing Hackett was a mistake? Thought it was the day they did it and even more now. He called some impressive games over his time on this team with a very flawed offensive roster. It fell apart last year with injuries and Bortles losing his head, no one would have been successful. Offense regressed even more when he left.

You would be in the minority. I remember threads like these vividly:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=26798
[Image: tenor.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3