Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chicago bar's list of rules include no Cubs fans or Trump supporters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chicago bar's list of rules include no Cubs fans or Trump supporters

A new prohibition-style speakeasy that opened last month in Chicago will bar Chicago Cubs fans and people who support President Trump, according to rules the establishment posted Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chicago-b...supporters
Private establishment, private rules.
(01-23-2019, 08:53 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Private establishment, private rules.

Someone should ask for a wedding cake.
(01-23-2019, 08:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2019, 08:53 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Private establishment, private rules.

They'd probably be told no because, you know, this place is a bar. Not a bakery.
(01-23-2019, 08:58 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2019, 08:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Someone should ask for a wedding cake.

They'd probably be told no because, you know, this place is a bar. Not a bakery.

Duly noted though beside the reference.
(01-23-2019, 09:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2019, 08:58 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]They'd probably be told no because, you know, this place is a bar. Not a bakery.

Duly noted though beside the reference.

You know I'm squarely in your court on that. If a bakery doesn't want to bake a pink cake, they shouldn't have to bake a pink cake. If they don't want to mix Oreo cookies into their batter, they shouldn't have to mix in cookies. If they don't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding, there is no way on God's green earth that they should be compelled to.
Meh, go to one of the thousands of other bars in Chicago. Opening a bar in Chicago is like having a man cave in your home. They do it because they retired and need a place to hang out with friends. I swear the Chicago bar scene is like a perpetual episode of Cheers!
Money spends the same no matter who has it.
(01-23-2019, 08:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

I assume that is a reference to the point that a Christian owned business may refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couples wedding? I guess it could be any religion, not just Christian (Some religions may simply condemn the couple to death instead of make them a cake).

I am okay with a business choosing who they do, and do not do business with when it comes to their personal or religious beliefs. They should have that right. Could you imagine a law that would force a minority owned business provide seamstress repair for some guy in a white power organization that needs the hole in his pointy little white hood sewn up for tonight’s big gala?  A minority owned dry cleaning business forced to clean white hoods, and gowns?

It should be their right to refuse any service they deem counter to their beliefs, or an outright offensive request of the service they provide. (Unfortunately) Hate groups have equal rights … But I am not willing to take away their rights, or your rights (not yours literally … speaking in general).  When it comes to personal rights the majority should not rule … That would leave us with a “live under my rules or else society”. Good bye freedom.

(01-24-2019, 01:10 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Money spends the same no matter who has it.

No it doesn't ... Give me your money and I will prove you wrong. Banana
(01-24-2019, 06:21 PM)Sammy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2019, 08:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Someone should ask for a wedding cake.

I assume that is a reference to the point that a Christian owned business may refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couples wedding? I guess it could be any religion, not just Christian (Some religions may simply condemn the couple to death instead of make them a cake).

I am okay with a business choosing who they do, and do not do business with when it comes to their personal or religious beliefs. They should have that right. Could you imagine a law that would force a minority owned business provide seamstress repair for some guy in a white power organization that needs the hole in his pointy little white hood sewn up for tonight’s big gala?  A minority owned dry cleaning business forced to clean white hoods, and gowns?

It should be their right to refuse any service they deem counter to their beliefs, or an outright offensive request of the service they provide. (Unfortunately) Hate groups have equal rights … But I am not willing to take away their rights, or your rights (not yours literally … speaking in general).  When it comes to personal rights the majority should not rule … That would leave us with a “live under my rules or else society”. Good bye freedom.

Very well said.

Me personally, if I was going to an establishment with rules like that posted no matter who The President was I would choose to go to a different place.
I'm sure they serve plenty of Cubs and Trump fans and just don't know it. Not everyone wears a hat, ya know.