Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pittsburgh TV Station Fires an American Hero
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/42769...GfH7jYrYD8

If ever there was a reason that TV station employees need collective bargaining, this is it.
Lol well sometimes the joke is worth the punishment
He didn't have any right to do that. The station was within its rights to fire him, and I think if I was running the TV station, I would fire him.

This is why I am against collective bargaining. People who own businesses should be free to hire and fire whomever they want.
(01-31-2019, 07:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't have any right to do that.  The station was within its rights to fire him, and I think if I was running the TV station, I would fire him.  

This is why I am against collective bargaining.   People who own businesses should be free to hire and fire whomever they want.

I'm pretty sure TJ was joking about the cba, more of supporting his meessage than actually arguing the dude shouldn't have been fired.
You’d think in Pittsburgh they’d be at least a little understanding. But yeah, I can see why he was fired.
(01-31-2019, 09:55 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]You’d think in Pittsburgh they’d be at least a little understanding.  But yeah, I can see why he was fired.

Yes, but TV new stations are not independently owned and operated.  KDKA (Pittsburgh) is owned by CBS Corporation, a $13.7B company based out of NYC
While the joke was funny he should have been fired.  It was very unprofessional.