Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: escape rooms!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so this last sat i did an escape room with some friends. it was my first time doing a escape room. It was a lot of fun. they even use real handcuffs on you. 

this is the place i went too here in Asheville. 

https://breakoutgames.com/asheville/

I did the one called The Kidnapping. We failed,and didn't escape. we were 2 steps away from escapeing.

I will go back,and try again with some different friends so we can succed in escapeing.  heres my question now. 

Has anyone else here done or tried an escape room? did you have fun,and get out?
How much extra did you have to pay for them to use the handcuffs? I like kinky.

Joking aside, I’ve never done it. I want to. Seems like a lot of fun. I don’t have many friends. Which is probably why I’m here talking to you guys. But I feel confident that the ones I have and I would be able to do it. Not to brag or anything, but I’ve thought about taking a certified test so I can join Mensa.
You didn't escape? Did Trump pardon you?
Limit your group to 2 adult beverages if pre-drinking...
the whole thing was 20 dollars,no it wasn't extra for handcuffs part of the one i did. no one pardons anyone,if you don't escape an escape room in a hour they come let you out,and tell you how many steps away you were from escapeing. we were 2 steps away. I do want to go back,and do that again the ame room too so i can get out next time. i plan on going with smarter friends. even though we didn't escape i had fun,and thats the #1 rule of escape rooms is to have fun.
(01-31-2019, 01:39 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]the whole thing was 20 dollars,no it wasn't extra for handcuffs part of the one i did. no one pardons anyone,if you don't escape an escape room in a hour they come let you out,and tell you how many steps away you were from escapeing. we were 2 steps away. I do want to go back,and do that again the ame room too so i can get out next time. i plan on going with smarter friends. even though we didn't escape i had fun,and thats the #1 rule of escape rooms is to have fun.

Do a different room next time.

Won't be as much fun if you know all the clues in advance, and get out in half the alloted time.

That's like watching DVR of jeopardy the next day - not much fun if you know all the answers because you watched already.
The one I went to involved a lot of whipping and leather. Can't say I was disappointed!

(01-31-2019, 01:39 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]the whole thing was 20 dollars,no it wasn't extra for handcuffs part of the one i did. no one pardons anyone,if you don't escape an escape room in a hour they come let you out,and tell you how many steps away you were from escapeing. we were 2 steps away. I do want to go back,and do that again the ame room too so i can get out next time. i plan on going with smarter friends. even though we didn't escape i had fun,and thats the #1 rule of escape rooms is to have fun.

That does sound like a lot of fun
I think escape rooms would be a lot more challenging if you actually died if you didn't get out...
(01-31-2019, 03:45 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I think escape rooms would be a lot more challenging if you actually died if you didn't get out...

So you’re thinking more of a “saw” thing?
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=6431918]
(01-31-2019, 03:27 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

Do a different room next time.

Won't be as much fun if you know all the clues in advance, and get out in half the alloted time.

That's like watching DVR of jeopardy the next day - not much fun if you know all the answers because you watched already.

I'll do good to rember one clue. theres no way i would rember all of them.
(01-31-2019, 03:45 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I think escape rooms would be a lot more challenging if you actually died if you didn't get out...

Sucks for trying to get those repeat customers in the building, though.